Windows 10: How to get back the function to write on photos opened in Camera app?

Discus and support How to get back the function to write on photos opened in Camera app? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It is a great feature which I used a lot. I could write directly on the photos taken when selecting from the preview image in the camera app. Now this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mimi HatfieldScheib, Feb 13, 2020.

1. How to get back the function to write on photos opened in Camera app?

It is a great feature which I used a lot. I could write directly on the photos taken when selecting from the preview image in the camera app. Now this function disappeared and I have to open my "Photos" folder, then select a photo I want to edit, save and close. It takes plenty of time.

:)

Mimi HatfieldScheib, Feb 13, 2020

2. Unable to write on photos opened in Camera app

(Surface Pro 5) I used to be able to write directly on the photos I've taken when selecting from the preview (camera roll) image in the camera app. I could scroll through the camera roll and write on photos as I needed to. Now I cannot write on the pics
    opened through that method. I have to open my "Photos" folder, open the photo I want to edit, then save and close. I now have to do this for up to 200 photos per day. This really makes for a long day and cuts productivity to about a third. Any ideas as to
    how I can get this function back?

***Moved from: Windows 10/Windows Ink & touch***

***Modified title from: Pen and ink on pic opened from camera***

asd.sparky, Feb 13, 2020
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How to get back the function to write on photos opened in Camera app?

Unable to write on photos opened in Camera app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What happens when you try to write/draw on the pics using camera roll?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

In the meantime, you can refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and see if that helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

How to get back the function to write on photos opened in Camera app?

1. How to get back the function to write on photos opened in Camera app? - Similar Threads - function write photos

2. How to get the old photo editor back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the old photo editor back?: After the Photos app updated to the new useless one I installed the Legacy Photos app. This still has the new useless editor though. How can I get the old editor back?...
  3. How to get the old photo editor back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get the old photo editor back?: After the Photos app updated to the new useless one I installed the Legacy Photos app. This still has the new useless editor though. How can I get the old editor back?...
  4. How to get the old photo editor back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Photos app not functioning.

Microsoft Photos app not functioning.: Since the most recent updates on 16th July I am unable to open photos using the Microsoft Photos app. Its random some open some don't, one that opens may not open the next time Its particularly annoying as I prefer the editing functions of this app to most others. I can...
  6. WINDOW CAMERA APP NOT FUNCTION PROPER.

WINDOW CAMERA APP NOT FUNCTION PROPER.: CAMERA APP NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY.IT SHOWS A CROSS MARK IN FULL SCREEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-camera-app-not-function-proper/4c319878-0451-46b7-b53f-dc0d4812e11d
  7. How to add albums back to Photos app?

How to add albums back to Photos app?: Hi, While viewing photos in Microsoft photos app, with photos there were some emojis type images from program file were coming. in order to get rid of that I did reset the app using setting -app- Microsoft photo app - advance -RESET after this when I am trying to open...
  8. Unable to write on photos opened in Camera app

Unable to write on photos opened in Camera app: (Surface Pro 5) I used to be able to write directly on the photos I've taken when selecting from the preview (camera roll) image in the camera app. I could scroll through the camera roll and write on photos as I needed to. Now I cannot write on the pics opened through that...
  9. Setting the photo app to open when a camera is connected.

Setting the photo app to open when a camera is connected.: Until today, whenever I connected my camera to the computer via USB, the photo app would open. Today, it did not do that. How can I reset the app so that it opens....
  10. can't open pictures with OEM microsoft photo app and cant open camera

can't open pictures with OEM microsoft photo app and cant open camera: everytime i click on the camera i get this message "Check the Windows Store for more info about Camera." everytime i try opening a picture i get this message "Check the Windows Store for more info about Basic Photo Viewer." once i close that error message i get another...