Windows 10: how to get better scans with 3d scan app in windows 10?

Discus and support how to get better scans with 3d scan app in windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've watched an older channel 9 on scanning using 3d builder but I at the best get one arm and the other cut off. In addition, I get streaking with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by The Thinker, Dec 10, 2018.

1. how to get better scans with 3d scan app in windows 10?

I've watched an older channel 9 on scanning using 3d builder but I at the best get one arm and the other cut off. In addition, I get streaking with my model as I move slowly around. What settings do I have wrong and/or what environment do I need to perform a good 3d scan?

Here's what I have tried:

1. Used a non-reflective wall or darker environment with some lightning but extremely bright.

2. Walking slowly around with a T-Pose.

3. Restarting the app

Note: I do not have a lazy susan at this point. Working on a stand though for the Kinect.

I do have a Kinect V2 on a MSI GP63 Leopard 8RE.

:)

The Thinker, Dec 10, 2018

2. New Version of the Kinect (for Xbox One) Driver and the 3D Scan app

@Derek_101,

Good, I'm glad it worked! Sorry you didn't find our website where the steps are listed.

Pro tip: In the 3D Scan app in the bottom left corner. There is the word "Help" that is a hyperlink. Click on that and it goes straight to our 3D Scan website. The Camera calibration tips are under the section "Tips for best scanning results"

CBGrant [MSFT], Dec 10, 2018
  3. 3D scanning

Hey I'm interested in 3D scanning. What are the things I should buy to make that possible in my windows pc?. I use windows 10, 64 bit, 4GB RAM, i5 processor, I use Intel (R) HD graphics 4600. I downloaded the 3D builder app and the 3D scan app. What else
    should I do/buy.

KaviyarasuManoharan, Dec 10, 2018
  4. how to get better scans with 3d scan app in windows 10?

New Version of the Kinect (for Xbox One) Driver and the 3D Scan app

@BRUNOBORIS,

The camera app built into Windows 10. Type "camera" into Cortana and hit enter. Then just follow the steps I listed above.

3D Scan has a Depth, Width and Height manual adjustment settings. They are visible in the app. They allow you to adjust what the Kinect sees. Anything that is in color in the preview window the Kinect can see, anything that is in black and white is not visible.
    Play around with the settings (slide them back and forth) to focus in on what you want to scan.

CBGrant [MSFT], Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

how to get better scans with 3d scan app in windows 10?

1. how to get better scans with 3d scan app in windows 10? - Similar Threads - better scans scan

2. windows scan app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows scan app: How can I scan more pages to one pdf with the the windows scan app ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-scan-app/414afdf2-ccea-406c-89b7-b89bd2a7855f
  3. Scan App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan App in Windows 10: Scan App in Windows 10 will no longer work with my Canon MF 4150 Printer. I think an update has changed something so that the two are no longer compatible. I last used Scan App in May 2021. Now when I try to scan, it tells me something went wrong; or if it goes to .pdf, it...
  4. Windows 10 scan app

Windows 10 scan app: Is there a way to get the very basic scanner in Windows 10 to do multi-page PDF scans? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-scan-app/77a2596e-663b-4b99-be59-003c872035d1
  5. Scan app

Scan app: The app only scans black and white. I am using a Kodak i1150 scanner. If I use the Kodak validation tool installed with the scanner drivers the scanner produces excellent color scans. When I use the Microsoft Scan application to scan to a PDF I can only get black and white...
  6. Windows 10 scan app

Windows 10 scan app: Hi all the scan app saves a new PDF for each page I'm scanning - there must be a setting somewhere to scan multiple pages? I can't see any settings button though Thanks...
  7. Scan app

Scan app: Scan won't recognize my Brother all in one MFC-7440N as a scanner, just a printer. I just got a new Dell laptop and I'm trying to use that app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-app/2249ec75-7897-4e6b-9392-3382b6f982cc
  8. 3d scanning to AutoCad

3d scanning to AutoCad: Hello I've just recently purchased a new computer and a 3D printer. I'm some what familiar with AutoCad, but I've never tried to do a scan and send it to AutoCad to be modify. Can this even be done and if so can anyone give me some recommendations on what I may need to do...
  9. windows scan app - error on first scan

windows scan app - error on first scan: I have windows 10, and my scanner is Canon DR-M140. My scanner driver and software didn't contain a scanning app for scanning pdf files, so I had to DL one from the MS store. I installed the MS Scan App because I thought it would be the most compatible with my MS OS....
  10. Improve scans with 3D Scan App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Improve scans with 3D Scan App: I use a Kinect V2 on an MSI GP63 Leopard 8RE and I use 3D scan app and want to improve my scans. What settings and environment do I need to perform a good 3d scan?...