Windows 10: How to get "Bitlocker Key" ?

Discus and support How to get "Bitlocker Key" ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, i bought a laptop from Staples and it has dead pixels. I deleted all my info on it but didn't factory reset it because i needed to show them the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ConvertibleFrank, Oct 6, 2020.

1. How to get "Bitlocker Key" ?

So, i bought a laptop from Staples and it has dead pixels. I deleted all my info on it but didn't factory reset it because i needed to show them the white dead pixels that only show up on a black display. Before i left i supplied them with my Windows PIN to get past the main screen. This was 2 days ago. Today i received an email saying that someone was trying to change the password on my account bu they got locked out for 30 days. They were trying to link my account with their phone number. So me having their number i called it. The number belonged to a Staples technician. He said that somehow Bitlocker encrypted it and they could not simply reset my laptop without the "Bitlocker Key".

So my questions are, is this ethical to try and change my Windows info ? And is there a way i can get this Bitlocker Key on my end and give it to them over the phone ? I have never heard of Bitlocker before.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/ConvertibleFrank
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ConvertibleFrank, Oct 6, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Bitlocker Key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It is good that you know the Bitlocker key to properly get into the computer. To help you turn off the Bitlocker key, you can follow the steps below:

Please make sure you are signed as the Administrator of the computer.

To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.

• A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption. Click
      Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

To turn off BitLocker Drive Encryption

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Find the drive on which you want BitLocker Drive Encryption turned off, and click
      Turn Off BitLocker.

• A message is displayed, informing you that the drive will be decrypted and that decryption may take some time. Click
      Decrypt the drive to continue and turn off BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know if this resolves your concern.

Lemuel Cie, Oct 6, 2020
  4. How to get "Bitlocker Key" ?

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

How to get "Bitlocker Key" ?

1. How to get "Bitlocker Key" ? - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Key

2. Cannot find bitlocker recovery key to my old laptop in my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot find bitlocker recovery key to my old laptop in my account: Hi there, About a year ago, my old laptop died and only recently, I decided to recover my information. At the service center, they managed to retrieve my SSD drive and connect it to a new laptop. However, to access the files, they require the BitLocker recovery key. I...
  3. Cannot find bitlocker recovery key to my old laptop in my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find bitlocker recovery key to my old laptop in my account: Hi there, About a year ago, my old laptop died and only recently, I decided to recover my information. At the service center, they managed to retrieve my SSD drive and connect it to a new laptop. However, to access the files, they require the BitLocker recovery key. I...
  4. Cannot find bitlocker recovery key to my old laptop in my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OLD BITLOCKER KEY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OLD BITLOCKER KEY: I have disabled my bitlocker on Windows 10 Home, but I had one of the two SSD's out of the computer. So, when I have put it on place, it asked for the password, and there is not this key on Microsoft Account.Is there a way to recover old bitlocker keys on Microsoft...
  6. OLD BITLOCKER KEY

OLD BITLOCKER KEY: I have disabled my bitlocker on Windows 10 Home, but I had one of the two SSD's out of the computer. So, when I have put it on place, it asked for the password, and there is not this key on Microsoft Account.Is there a way to recover old bitlocker keys on Microsoft...
  7. OLD BITLOCKER KEY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. computer asks for bitlock key, typed in and still does not want to run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer asks for bitlock key, typed in and still does not want to run: I get the bitlocker id key request and place that in, then my computer goes into recovery mode and just spins no options to do anything else...
  9. computer asks for bitlock key, typed in and still does not want to run

computer asks for bitlock key, typed in and still does not want to run: I get the bitlocker id key request and place that in, then my computer goes into recovery mode and just spins no options to do anything else...
  10. BitLocker recovery key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker recovery key doesn't work: Hi:I turned my computer on and he showed me blue BitLocker screen.I entered a recovery key, but it didn't work, after "analyse" he just opened this window again.I restarted my computer and now its showing me "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PCLog file:...