Windows 10: How to get blocked allegedly unsafe attachment?

Discus and support How to get blocked allegedly unsafe attachment? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Thank you for the reply ClintIgm, no, the scenario is that I got the mail thru pop3 account, the mail was immediately removed from the server (this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Roman Krejci, Apr 5, 2018.

1. How to get blocked allegedly unsafe attachment?

Thank you for the reply ClintIgm, no, the scenario is that I got the mail thru pop3 account, the mail was immediately removed from the server (this is my setting in Outlook). After that I realized that the attachment is "Blocked" by Outlook, so I cannot manipulate with the attachment file. In the meanwhile the sender (person) became unreachable for long time. I was trying to find a way how to extract the attachment from the data already existing on my computer after I received the mail from the server. As I wrote above, this is possible by tweaking the Outlook registry (see the link I published).

Roman Krejci, Apr 5, 2018

2. Hi all,
    I received a mail with legitimate .cer attachment that has been blocked
    by my Outlook 2010 client as "unsafe attachment".
    How can I get its content? Asking the sender to re-send it through some
    other channel or different format is not an option. Is there a way to extract
    the content of the blocked attachment, or is Outlook deliberately irreversibly
    damaging important mail content? Thx .

:)

Roman Krejci, Apr 12, 2018
  3. turn Smartscreen off entirely?

I've done all the steps to turn Smartscreen OFF but it STILL blocks certain files I attempt to download.

Message: "This unsafe download was blocked by Smartscreen filter"

Windows 10, Edge

How can prevent this worthless filter from blocking these downloads?

dandreamingbear, Apr 12, 2018
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

How to get blocked allegedly unsafe attachment?

minor question (priority 5) - is 'smartscreen' suppose to affect firefox? cos it did - also it was on 'warn' and it still blocked the app

It's possible that SmartScreen filter may have found the software as unsafe. Is SmartScreen blocking the software upon download or while being launched? Even if the "Warn" setting is enabled to get a warning first, SmartScreen will always block unsafe application
    and file, which can either be coming from an unknown source or made by an unknown developer or publisher. If you think that the software is safe, you may try running the program as an administrator and see if it helps. To do this, right-click the program and
    go to Properties > Compatibility > Tick Run
    as
    administrator box, and then hit OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Rey Bel1, Apr 12, 2018
  5. Yep, I got it! Unblock Attachments - HowTo-Outlook Though I do not really get why the article mentions "opening" of attachments. I do not want the attachments being opened or previewed in mail client - I just need to save them and only after that I decide what to do with them.

6. Helmut Win User
    Helmut, Apr 12, 2018
  7. Barman58 Win User
    The easiest method is to Zip the files and send the Zip file, If there is still an issue password protect the Zip File.

Another simple method is to send the file to a cloud based store and then send a link to the file which can be downloaded via a browser

Barman58, Apr 12, 2018
  8. How to get blocked allegedly unsafe attachment?

Thank you for the reply, yes, this quite obvious. However, this implies you can get the mail to be re-sent again by the sender, which is not an option - as stated.

9. Helmut Win User
    That's between you and your sender to organise. What do you expect from ordinary people without full details.

Helmut, Apr 12, 2018
  10. Clintlgm Win User
    Have you tried to receive it through a web-based email account, or open you just attach your POP account to and @Outlook.com account or open your IMAP account in on the web based version, and download the attachment from there? Bypass Office Outlook

Clintlgm, Apr 12, 2018
Thema:

How to get blocked allegedly unsafe attachment?

1. How to get blocked allegedly unsafe attachment? - Similar Threads - blocked allegedly unsafe

2. How to solve an alleged conflict on Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve an alleged conflict on Windows 11 Home?: Hello, on my home computer I join work based teams meetings via browser, rather than through work computers. I have multiple organisation logins - as i work with many different companies. However this week while switching between organsiations on Microsoft Teams my computer...
  3. How to solve an alleged conflict on Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to solve an alleged conflict on Windows 11 Home?: Hello, on my home computer I join work based teams meetings via browser, rather than through work computers. I have multiple organisation logins - as i work with many different companies. However this week while switching between organsiations on Microsoft Teams my computer...
  4. Accessed unsafe website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessed unsafe website: Hello,Today I clicked a link to a certain website. I then got the black window with the warning that the site's connection may not be safe. I continued accessing it nonetheless. How can I check that my system was not infected or that my data is safe?I've already run an...
  5. Accessed unsafe website

Accessed unsafe website: Hello,Today I clicked a link to a certain website. I then got the black window with the warning that the site's connection may not be safe. I continued accessing it nonetheless. How can I check that my system was not infected or that my data is safe?I've already run an...
  6. Unsafe app !

Unsafe app !: After turning on my Windows 10 laptop a message came up "unsafe app check Windows security". I waited why it did a quick scan then everything seemed to go back to normal. I realised one of my "Tiles" was missing but at first unsure which one ! I realised My Viddly downloader...
  7. Unsafe app !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsafe app !: After turning on my Windows 10 laptop a message came up "unsafe app check Windows security". I waited why it did a quick scan then everything seemed to go back to normal. I realised one of my "Tiles" was missing but at first unsure which one ! I realised My Viddly downloader...
  8. It's safe or unsafe?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    It's safe or unsafe?: I have a question that Ventoy Multiboot USB Creator is safe for windows 10 or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-safe-or-unsafe/3bc01e49-d317-4ad3-9422-12ff190244fe
  9. Attachments being blocked for recipients

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Attachments being blocked for recipients: So towards the end of last week, invoices that I email out to customers have started being blocked on their end whether it be PDF or a Word doc, seems to be sporadic and I can’t figure out why. Anyone have any insight of there was a recent update that may have caused this?...
  10. Outlook blocking unsafe attachments - .DOC, .PDF, etc

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook blocking unsafe attachments - .DOC, .PDF, etc: Hi, I'm running Outlook 2010 in an Exchange 2010 environment. We are having an issue with Outlook blocking attachments. It is NOT blocking them based on extension. I have found many articles about unblocking attachments by extension but this does not seem to be what is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can I cet Mcfee off silhouette it is blockinc my server