Windows 10: How to get control panel as dark (from dark theme by microsoft)

Discus and support How to get control panel as dark (from dark theme by microsoft) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 1809 managed to display the control panel as dark, or rather, the internet connections as dark, which I like better than the white. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lqlaow, Apr 2, 2019.

1. lqlaow Win User

How to get control panel as dark (from dark theme by microsoft)

Windows 1809 managed to display the control panel as dark, or rather, the internet connections as dark, which I like better than the white. I am talking of the official dark theme that is even applied to the Explorer for the first time, in 1809, which makes me chose this version.

How to get control panel as dark (from dark theme by microsoft) [​IMG]

you see at the bottom the white ribbon, apparently it would be known bug that for some ppl, some bright menu would stay?

I got this window by first opening it in default light mode, then I applied dark theme and it was here. I tried to replicate but it clearly does not work all the time. I think I was also using standby mode was involved in this.

Of course, as soon as I close this window and open it again, the usual light background is applied to control panel, even in dark theme, which is the default behavior...

I tried to see what changes in the registry, between the closing of the dark window and its new opening (where it becomes white again), with the software by nirsoft, but nothing stands out.

How to get control panel as dark (from dark theme by microsoft) [​IMG]

so is it possible to force the dark theme even on control panel?

:)

lqlaow, Apr 2, 2019

2. Dark Theme incomplete

Hi,

This is an observation on Microsoft's incomplete implementation of the Dark Theme. I hope by raising this issue enough people will agree that Microsoft will correct the fault in Windows 10.

I have eyesight problems, specifically my eyes do not adjust to bright light. Thus, looking at a computer screen with all that white is painful. I switched on the dark theme, and I have my monitor's brightness, contrast and colour temp turned down. Together
    these have helped considerably.

Unfortunately, there are still windows that do not implement the dark theme. Whilst I understand that Microsoft has no control over individual developer's implementation of a dark theme. It does have control over the windows it implements. Yet, to use a
    specific example, the File Explorer does not implement the dark theme. Other windows that Microsoft has control over, do not implement it.

For me this makes using Windows very difficult and painful. I would be grateful if the Dark Theme could be extended, optionally or not, to all the windows in Windows 10.

Sincerely R A Evans

RichardEvans80231, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Dark Theme

I applied the dark theme in my laptop.I am only getting the dark theme in settings and not in file explorer/this pc.

PrateekArora22, Apr 2, 2019
  4. How to get control panel as dark (from dark theme by microsoft)

Dark Theme no longer works after November update

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the information.

Let’s try uninstalling/reinstalling the theme and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel

• Click on Programs and features, locate for the Dark theme, right click on it and click on
      Uninstall.

• Now try installing it again and check.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

How to get control panel as dark (from dark theme by microsoft)

1. How to get control panel as dark (from dark theme by microsoft) - Similar Threads - control panel dark

2. Does control panel in windows11 have a dark-theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does control panel in windows11 have a dark-theme: I just need to know if there is a dark theme for the control panel in windows11, if so may I know how to activate it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-control-panel-in-windows11-have-a-dark-theme/ba8f1218-3a8b-46cc-8d90-a7c680797512
  3. Does control panel in windows11 have a dark-theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does control panel in windows11 have a dark-theme: I just need to know if there is a dark theme for the control panel in windows11, if so may I know how to activate it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-control-panel-in-windows11-have-a-dark-theme/ba8f1218-3a8b-46cc-8d90-a7c680797512
  4. Is there a way to change the how dark the dark theme is?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the how dark the dark theme is?: [ATTACH] Ok so I just don't like Windows10's dark theme because it's just too black and I think it looks bad and I def think Microsoft could improve it. Is there a way to change the very black background to something like Discord's defualt dark grayish bakground? Thanks....
  5. Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Theme: Hello, I have Windows 10 and I like the look of the Dark Theme. I have tried to select this theme for Office and it works, mostly. However, when I use Outlook 365 the message pane retains its white colour, and there is no sun or moon icon - in the options - to change it....
  6. Install/Uninstall programs control panel dark theme problem

Install/Uninstall programs control panel dark theme problem: Hello.Yesterday, I updated my windows to 1903 version. Everything is up to date.I realise after turning to dark theme this problem. Everything is okay in dark theme even the file explorer, except this. It's very difficult to read the names of the programs. Is there any...
  7. How to get control panel as dark (from dark theme by microsoft)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get control panel as dark (from dark theme by microsoft): Windows 1809 managed to display the control panel as dark, or rather, the internet connections as dark, which I like better than the white. I am talking of the official dark theme that is even applied to the Explorer for the first time, in 1809, which makes me chose this...
  8. Dark Theme

Dark Theme: I applied the dark theme in my laptop.I am only getting the dark theme in settings and not in file explorer/this pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme/e0c58784-3f5d-4b76-a2e9-b2378f57083e
  9. How to change windows 10 "Dark Theme" Black color to Dark Gray? Immersive Control Panel

How to change windows 10 "Dark Theme" Black color to Dark Gray? Immersive Control Panel: I have been avoiding upgrading to Windows 10 for years. I have become very comfortable with my ability to customize Windows 7 just how i need. Recently my main machine took a turn for the worst. I purchased a new one with windows 10 installed and thought i should finally...
  10. Dark themes

Dark themes: Been looking for a theme where the individual windows have a black background like the high contrast themes but these look a little clunky. I have started using high contrast themes as the large areas of white in normal themes hurt my eyes . Any ideas? 33319