Windows 10: How to get cortana to open folders

Discus and support How to get cortana to open folders in Cortana to solve the problem; I have been trying to tell Cortona to open folder: University Stuff, Sales Force, Family Pictures and Movies & TV Series. But, unfortunately all she... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by HARSHCHOKSHI, Sep 25, 2019.

1. How to get cortana to open folders

I have been trying to tell Cortona to open folder: University Stuff, Sales Force, Family Pictures and Movies & TV Series. But, unfortunately all she can able to do is open internet source, apps and settings.

I would like to know is this feature exist in current updated version of Windows 10 or not?

Secondly, if exists I would like to have from you guys a video which could demonstrate my access folder using Cortona because whenever I ask Microsoft help all they do is to put some theortical steps and bunch of links and sublinks which is not userfriendly. But, when the similar problem was discussed in Youtube in video format it clear my head very effectively.

So this time no theortical steps if such features exist then make a video using Cortona of Windows 10 otherwise simply say no.

:)

HARSHCHOKSHI, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Jacko28 Win User

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 25, 2019
  4. KomouPoji Win User

How to get cortana to open folders

Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

How to get cortana to open folders

1. How to get cortana to open folders - Similar Threads - cortana open folders

2. How to Open Cortana With Your Voice

in Cortana
    How to Open Cortana With Your Voice: First Go to Settings Then General Then Go to Speech Then Turn on Cortana and Turn on All That Microsoft Reccomends.Then Go to Voice Activity Then Turn on Cortana That Responds With "Cortana" Speech.Then Sign in to Cortana.Then Say "Cortana" Or "Hey Cortana" Then Cortana Will...
  3. How to Open Cortana With Your Voice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Open Cortana With Your Voice: First Go to Settings Then General Then Go to Speech Then Turn on Cortana and Turn on All That Microsoft Reccomends.Then Go to Voice Activity Then Turn on Cortana That Responds With "Cortana" Speech.Then Sign in to Cortana.Then Say "Cortana" Or "Hey Cortana" Then Cortana Will...
  4. How to open Cortana ???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to open Cortana ???: How to get permission from administrator to open Cortana??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-cortana/956c1492-7694-4ac9-b95f-f8b892d899a4
  5. How to get Cortana in the taskbar ?

in Cortana
    How to get Cortana in the taskbar ?: I have tried everything but couldn't get Cortana to my taskbar.. Please find a solution... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-cortana-in-the-taskbar/6153c6f2-b90c-4a05-a3ab-37b35eb39163
  6. How to get the old Cortana?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get the old Cortana?: I haven't used Cortana in years but I decided to try it today. I noticed it looks much simpler and dumbed down. It looks like Microsoft removed a lot of it's features? Also when I say "hey cortana" it doesn't respond. It doesn't respond to anything I say unless I manually...
  7. how to get cortana to speak?

in Cortana
    how to get cortana to speak?: how do I get cortana to speak? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-cortana-to-speak/5bc30cea-42e4-4548-9119-d2700445bc18"
  8. how can i get cortana to open and close apps

in Cortana
    how can i get cortana to open and close apps: is cortana capable off informing me if I have a security issue and what else can she do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-cortana-to-open-and-close-apps/a280d424-86c9-4dec-8fa1-699018b3bff8"
  9. How stop Cortana opening Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How stop Cortana opening Edge: I thought I just read this recently? I looked but no luck. I have Google Chrome as my default browser. However, when I do a search using Cortana, and click one of the web results, it will open my Edge Browser? How do I get Cortana to open web results using google...
  10. How to make Cortana open my Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Cortana open my Documents folder: Hi. I am trying by voice command to have Cortana open the folder my documents, however every time I try, it opens the edge. I have tried with .bat file, put a shortcut in my appdata / roaming / microsoft / start menu / programs folder but the result is always the same:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open folders with cortana