Windows 10: how to get cortana to speak?

Discus and support how to get cortana to speak? in Cortana to solve the problem; how do I get cortana to speak? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-cortana-to-speak/5bc30cea-42e4-4548-9119-d2700445bc18" Discussion in 'Cortana' started by L. L.Maschino, Nov 9, 2019.

1. how to get cortana to speak?

how do I get cortana to speak?

:)

L. L.Maschino, Nov 9, 2019

2. Can't Get Cortana to Speak

Hi Cole,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are not able to speak with Cortana on Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• We need to know the region where you live?

• Have you connected any external devices to the computer?
    Cortana is available in the following countries/regions: China, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States. Cortana is available in these languages: Chinese (Simplified), English (U.K.), English (U.S.), French, Italian,
    German, and Spanish

To use Cortana, all these settings must be set to the same language:

1) Languages (this is your device language)

2) Speech language (language pack must be installed)

3) Country or region

Note: If you change your region, you might not be able to shop at Store, or use things you've purchased, like memberships and subscriptions, games, movies, TV, and music.

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided by
    ChrisLebiedz in below thread for more
    information on how to troubleshoot the issue when you are not able to speak to Cortana.

I can't hear Cortana Speak - Windows 10

I can't hear Cortana Speak - Windows 10 (9926)

It applies to Windows 10 also.

For more information about Cortana refer the below article:

What is Cortana?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-what-is-cortana

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 9, 2019
  3. how do i get cortana to speak to me?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What happens when you try to speak to Cortana?

• Have you enabled Cortana?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Click inside the search bar available next to the
      Start
      button.

• From the bottom of the displayed popup box, click
      Allow
      to start configuring Cortana.

• On the What would you like me to call
      you interface, type your name in the available field and click
      Enter
      from the bottom.

• On the next window, listen to your name as Cortana calls it out, and if you find it pronounced the name correctly, click
      Sounds Good from the bottom. Note: You can also click the
      That’s Wrong button from the bottom if Cortana did not pronounce your name correctly and you want to make the changes.

• From the bottom of the next window, click
      Done
      to finalize the configuration.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

SujataMoktan, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Vijay B Win User

how to get cortana to speak?

cortana not speaking

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

The issue could be due to the settings not set properly in the Cortana. I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link:

What is Cortana?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-what-is-cortana

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

how to get cortana to speak?

1. how to get cortana to speak? - Similar Threads - cortana speak

2. Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?: I've got her speaking French.I've got her speaking English.But trying to get her to speak in English with a French accent I've been struggling to do? Is it possible?I have it working with Alexa, I have it working with Google, I have it working with Home Assistant, but will it...
  3. Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?: I've got her speaking French.I've got her speaking English.But trying to get her to speak in English with a French accent I've been struggling to do? Is it possible?I have it working with Alexa, I have it working with Google, I have it working with Home Assistant, but will it...
  4. Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why dont Microsoft make Cortana work in all Regions and Languages but she would speak...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why dont Microsoft make Cortana work in all Regions and Languages but she would speak...: A lot of users in Europe speak and understand English, but cant use Cortana with their native language, this restricition should be removed and Microsoft should make Cortana work no matter what Region and Language settings are, that way many users could use Cortana....
  6. Why dont Microsoft make Cortana work in all Regions and Languages but she would speak...

Why dont Microsoft make Cortana work in all Regions and Languages but she would speak...: A lot of users in Europe speak and understand English, but cant use Cortana with their native language, this restricition should be removed and Microsoft should make Cortana work no matter what Region and Language settings are, that way many users could use Cortana....
  7. why doesn't cortana speak on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why doesn't cortana speak on my computer: Cortana not speaking . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-cortana-speak-on-my-computer/b700dd2b-ac1c-4a29-a2c0-3888bff86053
  8. why doesn't cortana speak on my computer

why doesn't cortana speak on my computer: Cortana not speaking . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-cortana-speak-on-my-computer/b700dd2b-ac1c-4a29-a2c0-3888bff86053
  9. Cortana says "Sorry about that, I didn't hear anything" even before I speak a word.

in Cortana
    Cortana says "Sorry about that, I didn't hear anything" even before I speak a word.: I recently set up Cortana but I get no response when I say "Hey Cortana". Then I clicked on the mic icon in the search bar at the bottom left and before I even start talking cortana says "Sorry about that, I didn't hear anything". I checked my mic by trying to record...
  10. Why does Cortana not speak anymore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Cortana not speak anymore?: I haven’t used it since more than 1 year and now Cortana has no voice submitted by /u/ethreax [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ht3zxy/why_does_cortana_not_speak_anymore/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to speak to cortana

2. how to type with cortana