Windows 10: How to get default icons back?

Discus and support How to get default icons back? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Adobe photoshop and illustrator Icons were missing, I went on youtube and found a video the told me to go to the appdata folder in my useraccount and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Elijha London, Apr 23, 2023.

1. How to get default icons back?

Adobe photoshop and illustrator Icons were missing, I went on youtube and found a video the told me to go to the appdata folder in my useraccount and delete the iconcach.db file then restart, which i did the icons came back but im now having the rectangles instead of the actual icons show. Hope someone can assist. PS I tried restoring the file from the bin nothing worked, system restore is not an option since it wasn't turned on bummer, I didnt even know until now

:)

Elijha London, Apr 23, 2023
  2. psyko12 Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

How to get default icons back? [​IMG]

psyko12, Apr 23, 2023
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 23, 2023
  4. thegave Win User

How to get default icons back?

Need default Windows icons

Would it have the default icons?

thegave, Apr 23, 2023
Thema:

How to get default icons back?

1. How to get default icons back? - Similar Threads - default icons

2. The widgets icon seems to have changed its default location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The widgets icon seems to have changed its default location: Today after rebooting I noticed that the widget icon had moved to the right next to the notification area. I normally have the taskbar align icons to the left which until now had included widgets but tested switching them to the center, whereupon the widget icon moved to the...
  3. The widgets icon seems to have changed its default location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The widgets icon seems to have changed its default location: Today after rebooting I noticed that the widget icon had moved to the right next to the notification area. I normally have the taskbar align icons to the left which until now had included widgets but tested switching them to the center, whereupon the widget icon moved to the...
  4. Windows 11 Custom Folder Icons revert to default after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Custom Folder Icons revert to default after restart: Hi,I have been customizing my folder icons for years but notice that custom icons are no longer in place. After every restart, the icon is back to the default., yellow folder icon.I have followed the process of changing the folder icons but this keeps happening. What gives?...
  5. Windows 11 Custom Folder Icons revert to default after restart

Windows 11 Custom Folder Icons revert to default after restart: Hi,I have been customizing my folder icons for years but notice that custom icons are no longer in place. After every restart, the icon is back to the default., yellow folder icon.I have followed the process of changing the folder icons but this keeps happening. What gives?...
  6. How to set a default app when double-clicking on an external USB DVD Drive icon in Windows 10?

How to set a default app when double-clicking on an external USB DVD Drive icon in Windows 10?: I'm using Windows 10 Pro 22H2 with an external USB DVD drive and I'm having issues with the DVD icon selected in the image below. I have VLC Media Player associated with DVDs, and it works the way I want when:inserting a DVD, i.e. it autoplays in VLC;right-clicking on the...
  7. How to set a default app when double-clicking on an external USB DVD Drive icon in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set a default app when double-clicking on an external USB DVD Drive icon in Windows 10?: I'm using Windows 10 Pro 22H2 with an external USB DVD drive and I'm having issues with the DVD icon selected in the image below. I have VLC Media Player associated with DVDs, and it works the way I want when:inserting a DVD, i.e. it autoplays in VLC;right-clicking on the...
  8. How to set a default app when double-clicking on an external USB DVD Drive icon in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Shortcut arrow icon went blank. How do I get back the default arrow shortcut icon on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut arrow icon went blank. How do I get back the default arrow shortcut icon on...: Hello everybody, I was trying to clean up something in Windows folder and accidentally deleted the blank.ico file and all of my desktop shortcuts icon went blank. I have tried to find online source of the default shortcut arrow .ico file but I can't find it anywhere. Picture...
  10. Shortcut arrow icon went blank. How do I get back the default arrow shortcut icon on...

Shortcut arrow icon went blank. How do I get back the default arrow shortcut icon on...: Hello everybody, I was trying to clean up something in Windows folder and accidentally deleted the blank.ico file and all of my desktop shortcuts icon went blank. I have tried to find online source of the default shortcut arrow .ico file but I can't find it anywhere. Picture...