Windows 10: How to get desktop computer on ethernet to join other network to access wireless printer

Discus and support How to get desktop computer on ethernet to join other network to access wireless printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do you get a computer with ethrnet access ( desktop) to access other wifi networks to allow for wireless printer access?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinKer1, Oct 26, 2018.

1. KevinKer1 Win User

How to get desktop computer on ethernet to join other network to access wireless printer

How do you get a computer with ethrnet access ( desktop) to access other wifi networks to allow for wireless printer access?

:)

KevinKer1, Oct 26, 2018

2. How to network XP and Vista pc's, printer, using ethernet cable and wireless?

I need to setup a local network. the network is supposed to be 2 computers plugged in together and a printer (ethernet plug). the computers have wireless adapters plugged into another network. when i connect the vista computer to the local network im creating, it loses ability to access the internet. pretty much im trying to plug each of the computers to two networks, one local and one wireless internet..

karolpl2004, Oct 26, 2018
  3. trt740 Win User
    Need help connecting XP Laptop to Vista Desktop's Printer.

will try this

trt740, Oct 26, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

How to get desktop computer on ethernet to join other network to access wireless printer

Need help connecting XP Laptop to Vista Desktop's Printer.

Sorry , I think, I read wrong.*Slap :slap: Are you tring to connect wirelessly to the printer on the desktop and the printer is connected to the desktop thru usb or something?

Quoted from MS website:
    Sharing a printer

If you have a printer attached to one of your computers, you can print to it from any computer connected to your wireless network. To share a printer, follow these steps:

1. Log on to computer that has the printer attached to it.

2. Open Network and Sharing Center by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, and then clicking Network and Sharing Center.

3. Click the arrow button next to Printer sharing, click Turn on printer sharing, and then click Apply.

4. Click the arrow button next to Password protected sharing, click Turn off password protected sharing, and then click Apply.

Note

If you have password-protected sharing turned on, people will need a user account with a password on your computer to access your printer.

To access the printer from any computer on the network, follow these steps:

1. Open Network by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Network.

2. Double-click the icon for the computer that has the printer attached to it.

3. Double-click the icon for the printer. Windows will automatically add the printer to your computer and install the printer driver.

Troubleshoot network printer problems

Sorry again and goodluck*Smile How to get desktop computer on ethernet to join other network to access wireless printer :)

95Viper, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get desktop computer on ethernet to join other network to access wireless printer - Similar Threads - desktop computer ethernet

2. "Wireless association to this network failed" message from desktop computer; all other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Wireless association to this network failed" message from desktop computer; all other...: All of a sudden, my Windows 10 desktop computer no longer wants to connect to the wifi router. All other devices phone, tablet, Windows 10 laptop, MacBook in the house have no issues connecting. I've rebooted desktop a couple times, and restarted the router a couple times....
  3. "Wireless association to this network failed" message from desktop computer; all other...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Wireless association to this network failed" message from desktop computer; all other...: All of a sudden, my Windows 10 desktop computer no longer wants to connect to the wifi router. All other devices phone, tablet, Windows 10 laptop, MacBook in the house have no issues connecting. I've rebooted desktop a couple times, and restarted the router a couple times....
  4. "Wireless association to this network failed" message from desktop computer; all other...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. network, ethernet, wireless

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network, ethernet, wireless: hello all, im having trouble with internet connections on my pc. ethernet says unidentified network, "ethernet doesnt have valid IP configuration" which started out of the blue, was working fine, and then nothing. and my wifi doesnt even appear under networks. under device...
  6. Can't access other computers on network

Can't access other computers on network: Of course it was working fine when on 1803 (after lots of tinkering) but now on 1809 I can't get to my other computers. I turned off password protection in network sharing so at least I can bring up the other computers but when I try to access the user etc I get access...
  7. how setup access between computers on my wireless network

how setup access between computers on my wireless network: Just added win 10 laptop to my home network. How to I share access between my win xp tower & my other win 7 laptop? When I try to access another computer with my win 10 computer I either don't see the c drive or I get asked to log in with a user name & password I can't figure...
  8. Networking ethernet and wireless

Networking ethernet and wireless: Hi I have a desktop connected by ethernet cable from which I can see the laptop when opening Network, but the wireless laptop just shows media icons from the desktop. The desktop uses Network 2 name while the laptop uses the Telstra numbers from the modem connection. IP...
  9. Accessing other computers on the network...Help!

Accessing other computers on the network...Help!: I have a couple servers on my network. I re-installed windows on my main desktop yesterday and I can't access the servers now. All the network discovery buttons are checked yes. The network servers are accessible through two other Windows 10 laptops. After some searching on...
  10. Joined Homegroup but cannot access other computers

Joined Homegroup but cannot access other computers: I have two laptops recently upgraded to Windows 10 (one was previously running 7, the other 8.1). I can connect both to a Homegroup, and they can access each other's files for a time, then (usually after one goes to sleep) they cannot access each other. The Homegroup is still...