Windows 10: How to get domain SID from client workstation

Discus and support How to get domain SID from client workstation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to get SID of domain from client workstation though cmd, PowerShell by giving ip address of particular workstation. In my environment I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by qasimali84, Feb 5, 2023.

1. How to get domain SID from client workstation

I want to get SID of domain from client workstation though cmd, PowerShell by giving ip address of particular workstation. In my environment I have multiple computers joined different domains but same forest. How I can get domain information of workstation over the network? Waiting for reply pleaseI have get user Sid, machine Sid by removing last four characters from user Sid using the wmic. Still wondering to get domain SID for that workstation

:)

qasimali84, Feb 5, 2023
  2. sammy Win User

Question:- How to add client to domain from domain controller side?

Hi Guys,

-I have domain called lab.com created on virtual machine Windows Server 2008
    -I have added a client machine Linux machine rhel6 to domain lab.com in /etc/host file
    -I am able to ping DC from linux machine by IP and hostname .
    But from DC I can only ping Linux machine by IP address and not by its hostname "rhel61.lab.com"

I don't want to add linux machine entry to DC's hosts file as it is DC so it should resolve it

But I wish to know what step or doings I am missing from DC side that I am not able to ping linux machine by its hostname.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

sammy, Feb 5, 2023
  3. Windows Workstations

Hey everyone, I am looking to setup about 30 workstations for a client who has a rather tight budget. Basically I will have these workstations join the domain on a server 2012 or 2016 DC. Can anyone suggest hardware platforms (even thin clients) that
    I can look into which cost maybe around $300 each AND run Windows 10 pro so I can join them to the domain? These computers will only be used to access the Internet (browsing etc.). No information needs to be stored locally or require heavy processing.

Thanks in advance

RickySandhu, Feb 5, 2023
  4. bdanmo Win User

How to get domain SID from client workstation

UnattendedJoin error: failed to find the domain data (0x6e)

Thanks for the suggestion! I don't want to add a domain account, as this is a generic unattended install that will be used for all company machines. Do you think it's possible that the computer would join the domain if, instead of using UnattendedJoin in specialize, I used your steps but left out the specific account?

The other thing I was thinking was to use a generic account to allow the domain join during the specialize step. I added a machine password in the UnattendedJoin component, and instead of getting the error listed above, I got an authentication error, which makes me think I could probably do a secure join instead of the unsecure join.

Thoughts?

bdanmo, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

How to get domain SID from client workstation

1. How to get domain SID from client workstation - Similar Threads - domain SID client

2. How I can get Domain SID from workstation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I can get Domain SID from workstation: I want to get SID of domain from client workstation though cmd, PowerShell by giving ip address of particular workstation. In my environment I have multiple computers joined different domains but same forest. How I can get domain information of workstation over the network?...
  3. How I can get Domain SID from workstation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I can get Domain SID from workstation: I want to get SID of domain from client workstation though cmd, PowerShell by giving ip address of particular workstation. In my environment I have multiple computers joined different domains but same forest. How I can get domain information of workstation over the network?...
  4. How to get domain SID from client workstation

How to get domain SID from client workstation: I want to get SID of domain from client workstation though cmd, PowerShell by giving ip address of particular workstation. In my environment I have multiple computers joined different domains but same forest. How I can get domain information of workstation over the network?...
  5. How to get domain SID from client workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get domain SID from client workstation: I want to get SID of domain from client workstation though cmd, PowerShell by giving ip address of particular workstation. In my environment I have multiple computers joined different domains but same forest. How I can get domain information of workstation over the network?...
  6. How I can get Domain SID from workstation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. windows 11 domain users show as SID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 domain users show as SID: when i display administrators in Computer Management Groups, it shows the SID. I am having issues sharing folders as i get help?no issues with my windows 10 desktops; running windows 2016 servers, all patched....
  8. windows 11 domain users show as SID

windows 11 domain users show as SID: when i display administrators in Computer Management Groups, it shows the SID. I am having issues sharing folders as i get help?no issues with my windows 10 desktops; running windows 2016 servers, all patched....
  9. Domain workstations user profiles are getting deleted.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Domain workstations user profiles are getting deleted.: The environment here consists of a Windows Server 2012 R2 as the domain controller and about forty workstation all running Windows 10. On only a hand full of workstations, we occasionally about once a month experience an issue where all the user profiles get deleted. When the...
  10. How to create active directory domain user account with a specific SID ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create active directory domain user account with a specific SID ?: Hi all, I have deleted an active directory user account on my domain controller server. Can I recreate this user account with the old SID of this user account ? Because I need to use this user account to log into user's computer profile again to get some data on it. After...