Windows 10: How to get .exe current directory, when the installer is trigger.

Discus and support How to get .exe current directory, when the installer is trigger. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; we created a windows application for send file to SFTP server. each installation need separate config like SFTP path, we planed to use config.ini file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pandi E, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Pandi E Win User

How to get .exe current directory, when the installer is trigger.

we created a windows application for send file to SFTP server. each installation need separate config like SFTP path, we planed to use config.ini file to store this info. when the installer is trigger it need read the ini file and save the information to windows registry. how to do this?Basically we the .exe and config.ini file are same directory, when .exe is trigger, how to send current directory in c# applicatiomn.

:)

Pandi E, Jun 11, 2024
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jun 11, 2024
  3. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Jun 11, 2024
  4. How to get .exe current directory, when the installer is trigger.

Directory Size Utility

Is that the one for download in the original post? You should list the version up for download. *Toast :toast:

stinger608, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

How to get .exe current directory, when the installer is trigger.

1. How to get .exe current directory, when the installer is trigger. - Similar Threads - exe current directory

2. How to get .exe current directory, when the installer is trigger.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get .exe current directory, when the installer is trigger.: we created a windows application for send file to SFTP server. each installation need separate config like SFTP path, we planed to use config.ini file to store this info. when the installer is trigger it need read the ini file and save the information to windows registry. how...
  3. How can I get the source directory of the .exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get the source directory of the .exe: In C# application during installation, I need the path of the setup file .exe.How can I get the source directory of the .exe file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-the-source-directory-of-the-exe/20f03a9d-91d0-4d5a-93bf-bf899e583823
  4. How can I get the source directory of the .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get the source directory of the .exe: In C# application during installation, I need the path of the setup file .exe.How can I get the source directory of the .exe file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-the-source-directory-of-the-exe/20f03a9d-91d0-4d5a-93bf-bf899e583823
  5. How can I view ALL files in the current directory when in a save dialog?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I view ALL files in the current directory when in a save dialog?: Moving from a Mac to PC I find this omission very annoying.Not all dialogue boxes have the view all option - I'm looking at you Adobe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-view-all-files-in-the-current-directory/3bb28844-2754-4234-a461-ae468fc8e2e7
  6. How can I view ALL files in the current directory when in a save dialog?

How can I view ALL files in the current directory when in a save dialog?: Moving from a Mac to PC I find this omission very annoying.Not all dialogue boxes have the view all option - I'm looking at you Adobe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-view-all-files-in-the-current-directory/3bb28844-2754-4234-a461-ae468fc8e2e7
  7. How to get New tab from current Directory Behavior in Windows Explorer Tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get New tab from current Directory Behavior in Windows Explorer Tabs: So, when i am browsing through a directory in explorer :- and i open a new tab :-i get to This PC. i want to open a new tab that is also showing the same directory as the previous tab...
  8. How to get New tab from current Directory Behavior in Windows Explorer Tabs

How to get New tab from current Directory Behavior in Windows Explorer Tabs: So, when i am browsing through a directory in explorer :- and i open a new tab :-i get to This PC. i want to open a new tab that is also showing the same directory as the previous tab...
  9. How to find the installation directory or executable launch directory?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to find the installation directory or executable launch directory?: How do I find the installation directory or executable launch directory of "Pictures Opener - Heic Supported Including Convert"? I installed it from the Windows app store. I know how to launch it from Windows 10. And if I've already downloaded the file, I know how to open...
  10. How to trigger the Windows Update to install?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to trigger the Windows Update to install?: Windows Update hasn't made any updates since I installed it. The interface has changed a lot since previous versions of Windows. Does anyone know how to trigger an update? 56101