Windows 10: how to get fax and scan to save a text document.

Discus and support how to get fax and scan to save a text document. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everytime I scan in a document using fax and scan, it only gives me the options to save the document in file extensions not meant for the printed word.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Frances M Bledsoe, Mar 13, 2019.

1. how to get fax and scan to save a text document.

Everytime I scan in a document using fax and scan, it only gives me the options to save the document in file extensions not meant for the printed word. PLEASE Advise

:)

Frances M Bledsoe, Mar 13, 2019

2. How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Mar 13, 2019
  3. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Mar 13, 2019
  4. how to get fax and scan to save a text document.

how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

how to get fax and scan to save a text document.

1. how to get fax and scan to save a text document. - Similar Threads - fax scan save

2. How to change the "Save As" folder in Windows Fax & Scan?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the "Save As" folder in Windows Fax & Scan?: When I scan something using Windows Fax and Scan, I always want to save the scan with a new name and in a different folder than the default "Scanned Documents" folder. But I always have to select the different folder. The application will not remember where I want to "Save...
  3. How to change the "Save As" folder in Windows Fax & Scan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the "Save As" folder in Windows Fax & Scan?: When I scan something using Windows Fax and Scan, I always want to save the scan with a new name and in a different folder than the default "Scanned Documents" folder. But I always have to select the different folder. The application will not remember where I want to "Save...
  4. How to change the "Save As" folder in Windows Fax & Scan?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. saving a scanned document

saving a scanned document: ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my scanner saves my documents to Onedrive and makes them impossible to find. I uninstalled Onedrive but my scans are still being saved in Onedrive. How do I change that?...
  6. Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan

Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan: How does one scan documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan? In the event that the App does not have this function, which free third-party apps would be most compatible with Windows 10? Please advise....
  7. Windows FAx and Scan not finding printer to scan document

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows FAx and Scan not finding printer to scan document: Windows FAx and Scan - was working fine, but now doesn't show the same printer/scanner. There was another printer but it is no longer connected, This is the printer that the Fax and Scan program is looking for. It worked earlier today and now doesn't. I can still print to it...
  8. SAVING SCANNED DOCUMENTS

SAVING SCANNED DOCUMENTS: I HAVE RECENTLY SCANNED A DOCUMENT AND SAVED IT. IT DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE IN MY DOCUMENTS FILE. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-scanned-documents/d684a970-0399-4422-ab9a-885e91ad5d9f"
  9. Windows FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS: I HAVE A NEW COMPUTER AND WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS. MY OLD COMPUTER STILL DOES. BOTH HAVE WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-fax-and-scan-will-not-scan-documents/b843f4e1-2cd5-46e8-943f-42bcd534e94b
  10. Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?

Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?: Greetings all, In connection with my job, I have several insurance companies asking me to send scanned documents in Portable Document Format (PDF). My Brother Printer Control Center Fax-Scan software is not yet compatible with Windows10, even in Windows7 compatibility...