Windows 10: How to get file explorer to expand to current folder in my documents?

Discus and support How to get file explorer to expand to current folder in my documents? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; "Expand to current folder" works great with some folders. But I have a bunch of folders I want to have expanded in one instance of file explorer while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KyleDelaney, Apr 15, 2017.

1. How to get file explorer to expand to current folder in my documents?

"Expand to current folder" works great with some folders. But I have a bunch of folders I want to have expanded in one instance of file explorer while I'm working, so I've made shortcuts to them and pinned them to Quick Access. When they're certain folders in my documents, accessing them through a shortcut or Quick Access won't automatically expand to them.

I would like the folders to expand under This PC > Local Disk (CHow to get file explorer to expand to current folder in my documents? :) > Users ... and not Kyle Delaney > Documents ... if at all possible.

:)

KyleDelaney, Apr 15, 2017
  2. Ar Rom Win User

File open or insert window shows collapsed folders only

Hi Tim,

Let's check if activating the Expand to current folder option will make a difference. Follow these steps:

1. Open the file explorer folder.

2. Right click any open area on the left portion of the window.

3. Check the Expand to current folder option.

Let us know how it goes.

Ar Rom, Apr 15, 2017
  3. how to do Win User
    HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Apr 15, 2017
Thema:

How to get file explorer to expand to current folder in my documents?

1. How to get file explorer to expand to current folder in my documents? - Similar Threads - file explorer expand

2. File Explorer: expand to current folder not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer: expand to current folder not working: Windows 11 Pro 22H2In file explorer the "expand to current folder" oèètion is enabled but it is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-expand-to-current-folder-not-working/c8d23e8c-de8e-4a5b-baf4-5b0251883c2d
  3. File Explorer: expand to current folder not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer: expand to current folder not working: Windows 11 Pro 22H2In file explorer the "expand to current folder" oèètion is enabled but it is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-expand-to-current-folder-not-working/c8d23e8c-de8e-4a5b-baf4-5b0251883c2d
  4. how to get folders expanded to full screen in file explorer in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get folders expanded to full screen in file explorer in windows 10: File explorer on the task bar shows 2 folders open but will not open to full screen whenever I click on one or the other.No error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-folders-expanded-to-full-screen-in-file/f1b8e788-021c-46e2-baef-60425201e268
  5. how to get folders expanded to full screen in file explorer in windows 10

how to get folders expanded to full screen in file explorer in windows 10: File explorer on the task bar shows 2 folders open but will not open to full screen whenever I click on one or the other.No error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-folders-expanded-to-full-screen-in-file/f1b8e788-021c-46e2-baef-60425201e268
  6. how to get folders expanded to full screen in file explorer in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. File Explorer not respecting "Expand to current/open folder" value disabled when opening a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not respecting "Expand to current/open folder" value disabled when opening a...: I've run into what seems to be a bug with Windows, but maybe there's still a solution. I have the "Expand to current folder" option disabled in File Explorer. Typically, this works as expected. However, when I open File Explorer via right-clicking its taskbar icon and...
  8. File Explorer not respecting "Expand to current/open folder" value disabled when opening a...

File Explorer not respecting "Expand to current/open folder" value disabled when opening a...: I've run into what seems to be a bug with Windows, but maybe there's still a solution. I have the "Expand to current folder" option disabled in File Explorer. Typically, this works as expected. However, when I open File Explorer via right-clicking its taskbar icon and...
  9. File explorer won't let me uncheck the " expand to current folder" and "show all folders"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer won't let me uncheck the " expand to current folder" and "show all folders": My issue is quite simple. One day somehow the windows automatically checked these options, and despite everything I have tried, including unchecking from the Navigation Pane, unchecking from the Option, it did't work at all. I opened the regedit under...
  10. How to expand folders in Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to expand folders in Windows Explorer?: Windows Explorer (looking at some picture folders), grouped by something ( tags in this case). How can I expand all/collapse all? ***Modified title from: Windows Explorer expand all/collapse all button? ***...