Windows 10: How to get folders as lists not details

Discus and support How to get folders as lists not details in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm new to win10 ver 1909. My folders show as details. I prefer them shown as lists. I go to to the view tab/options/change folder search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mg8t7gn, Dec 28, 2019.

1. mg8t7gn Win User

How to get folders as lists not details

I'm new to win10 ver 1909. My folders show as details. I prefer them shown as lists. I go to to the view tab/options/change folder search options/view/apply yo all folders but they still show up as details when I go back to them. Is there a way to permamently keep them as list?

:)

mg8t7gn, Dec 28, 2019
  2. TomStrong Win User

View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders

In a folder, when I do View>list and then in Options apply that to all folders, it often doesn't stick, i.e some sub folders under that folder show the details view. Any suggestions?

In fact it looks like all new folders are defaulting to details view.

TomStrong, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Dec 28, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

1. How to get folders as lists not details - Similar Threads - folders lists details

2. Detail List in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Detail List in File Explorer: Sometimes when I open File Explorer, I notice "X's" over the icons in the detail view. Why are these displayed, and how can I remove them when I use File Explorer?...
  3. Detail List in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Detail List in File Explorer: Sometimes when I open File Explorer, I notice "X's" over the icons in the detail view. Why are these displayed, and how can I remove them when I use File Explorer?...
  4. Detail List in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. folder list

in Windows 10 Support
    folder list: I want to move PDF files to a PDF folder which I have.&nbsp; Th e PDF folder doesn't show on my move to folder list.&nbsp; How do I add the PDF folder To my list? when I create a New folder with a PDF name, it doesnt show upon my list.<br> 183701
  6. How to get file explorer jump list to show recent folders?

How to get file explorer jump list to show recent folders?: My file explorer jumplist is just showing the default pinned folders Documents, Pictures, Download, and Desktop. I unpinned them all and they went to recent, but no other recently used folders appear in the jump list. Back windows 8.1 when I opened a file, the folder it...
  7. How to get a list of folders that exist in source but not in destiny

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get a list of folders that exist in source but not in destiny: Hi, I would like to know how to get a list of folders that exist in a source folder structure but don't exist in the destiny folder structure. For example: source E:\My Files \ destiny: F:\My Files\ I want to know all Folders that exist in E: but don't exist in F: I have...
  8. No programs listed in Startup tab or folder. +1 more problem in details.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No programs listed in Startup tab or folder. +1 more problem in details.: Hope you’re doing well. My problem is that there is no program listed in my Startup tab. Also, there is no Startup folder in my “….Windows/Start Menu/Programs” folder. What to do? Actually I recently reset my PC and extended my RAM. So whenever I start my OS, it displays...
  9. Getting folder to open in "LIST" view automatically !

Getting folder to open in "LIST" view automatically !: I have a shortcut on my desktop to "APPS" ( every app on my computers) so that I do not have to go to the START screen. I want it to always open in the "list" view but it defaults to icons. I have tried opening as administrator, looking in "Files and Folders " for a solution...
  10. File Explorer List and Details buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer List and Details buttons: I appreciate being able to customize the buttons on the file explorer toolbar. However, I am constantly switching back and forth between the List and Details view. Is their any way to isolate theses two buttons and place them individually on the toolbar, just like the List...