Windows 10: How to get free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with 365 Business License

Discus and support How to get free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with 365 Business License in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just watched the getting started with 365 Business video and it says that you can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with a 365 Business licence. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Scott Ambelpop, Feb 7, 2020.

1. How to get free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with 365 Business License

I have just watched the getting started with 365 Business video and it says that you can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with a 365 Business licence. I have a 365 business user with a new MS Surface Pro with Windows 10 Home installed, how do I upgrade to pro for free as it says?

***Modified title from: Getting started video says free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with 365 Business licence, how?***

:)

Scott Ambelpop, Feb 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 Licenses with Microsoft 365 Business

According to the service description (Microsoft 365 Business service description - Service Descriptions),
    “If you have devices that are licensed for Windows 7 and 8.1 Professional, Microsoft 365 Business provides an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.”

What if my devices are not licensed for Windows 7, 8.1 Professional or Windows 10. Will purchasing a Microsoft 365 Business subscription give me a licese to use Windows 10?

uk_sysadmin_20, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Microsoft 365 Business - Windows 10 Pro Product Lincense is not bundled

Today I learned from the assigned support engineer that Windows 10 Pro License is not bundled into Microsoft 365 Business. A Windows Pro Product License is requisite operating system to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and take advantage of the security offering
    of Microsoft 365 Business. So the pre-installed Windows 10 Home should be first upgraded to Windows 10 Pro! There seems insufficient or ambiguous details causing the confusion. Any views?

Anwar Hussain Mirza, Feb 7, 2020
  4. How to get free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with 365 Business License

Microsoft 365 Business and Windows 10 Licensing

Hello

A pleasure to help you.

I recommend reading the following article and understand that it is Microsoft 365 Business.

Microsoft 365 is an integrated solution that brings together best-in-class productivity tools, security, and device management capabilities for small to medium-sized businesses.

A holistic set of business productivity and collaboration tools

Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, and Access

Exchange, OneDrive, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint

Business apps from Office (Bookings, Outlook Customer Manager, MileIQ1, Microsoft Listings1, Microsoft Connections1, Microsoft Invoicing1)

What is Windows 10 Business?

Windows 10 Business is a set of cloud-services and device management that complement Windows 10 Pro and enable the centralized management and security controls of Microsoft 365 Business. Windows 10 Business also comes with Windows AutoPilot, a service that
    streamlines the deployment of new Windows 10 PCs. If you have devices that are licensed for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 Professional, Microsoft 365 Business provides an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro which is the prerequisite for deploying Windows 10 Business.

Any doubt can consult the following article.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/...

I hope it will be very helpful.

Let me know.

Greetings Dayamis

dayamiperez, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

How to get free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with 365 Business License

1. How to get free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with 365 Business License - Similar Threads - free upgrade Pro

2. Does MS 365 Business Premium provide a free upgrade to Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does MS 365 Business Premium provide a free upgrade to Windows 11 Pro?: I am purchasing a couple computers that come with Windows 11 Home edition. I have extra 365 Business Premium Licenses. Will these licenses let me upgrade the computers to Windows 11 Pro? If not, how do I upgrade to Pro, and how much will it cost?Thank you!...
  3. Does MS 365 Business Premium provide a free upgrade to Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does MS 365 Business Premium provide a free upgrade to Windows 11 Pro?: I am purchasing a couple computers that come with Windows 11 Home edition. I have extra 365 Business Premium Licenses. Will these licenses let me upgrade the computers to Windows 11 Pro? If not, how do I upgrade to Pro, and how much will it cost?Thank you!...
  4. Is Windows 11 Upgrade free for Business?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Windows 11 Upgrade free for Business?: If you are currently running Windows 10 Pro for Business, is the upgrade to Windows 11 free or is there any licensing cost that may need to applied? Assuming your system meets minimum hardware requirements...
  5. Upgrading Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations - Free - Digital License

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations - Free - Digital License: Upgrading Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations - Free - Digital LicenseI am having a valid digital license of Windows 10 Pro in my system. It was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 ProHow to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?windows 10 pro for...
  6. Question on Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question on Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business: We are a licensed reseller in Vietnam and want to find out more about this product DF77X4D43RKT Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business Is there any requirement to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro with this license? Can it upgrade both OLP and OEI...
  7. Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business

Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business: My partner's customer purchased Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business and is only able to get about 5 activations with it. Now they get an unable to activate message after imaging is completed. Is there a limit of how many workstations this can be...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 10 HOME to Windows 10 PRO using Microsoft 365 Business license

Upgrade from Windows 10 HOME to Windows 10 PRO using Microsoft 365 Business license: I have a company Microsoft 365 Business license. I also have one laptop, purchased using a Microsoft Hotmail account, as Microsoft would not allow to use a company Microsoft 365 account With Microsoft 365 Business license, Windows 10 PRO is included. I wish to upgrade...
  9. Getting started video says free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with 365 Business licence, how?

Getting started video says free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with 365 Business licence, how?: I have just watched the getting started with 365 Business video and it says that you can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with a 365 Business licence. I have a 365 business user with a new MS Surface Pro with Windows 10 Home installed, how do I upgrade to pro for free as it says?...
  10. Windows 10 Licenses with Microsoft 365 Business

Windows 10 Licenses with Microsoft 365 Business: According to the service description https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/servicedescriptions/microsoft-365-service-descriptions/microsoft-365-business-service-description,“If you have devices that are licensed for Windows 7 and 8.1 Professional, Microsoft 365 Business...