Windows 10: How to get from "Taskbar" to "Properties"

Discus and support How to get from "Taskbar" to "Properties" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I often see instructions along the lines of "You may also right click Taskbar > Properties > Taskbar and Navigation Properties >" I've stumbled onto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Swifty, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Swifty Win User

How to get from "Taskbar" to "Properties"

I often see instructions along the lines of "You may also right click Taskbar > Properties > Taskbar and Navigation Properties >"
    I've stumbled onto "properties" when fiddling around with Settings/Control Panel, but now I cannot reproduce this, certainly not if I start from anything that mentions "Taskbar".

Could someone point me in the right direction, please?

:)

Swifty, Dec 15, 2017
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Dec 15, 2017
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Dec 15, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

Are referring to this "Taskbar properties settings"? (Taskbar context menu?)

How to get from "Taskbar" to "Properties" [​IMG]

AndreTen, Dec 15, 2017
  5. Swifty Win User
    I don't know. I was thrashing around, trying to eliminate "ENG" from my taskbar. I found a website which offered two methods. Method #1 worked for me, so then I tried to follow method #2 just to see which method was easier. But I got lost almost as soon as I was told "Click Taskbar > Properties >..."
    I got so fed up that I sent in this post, then closed down my PC. So that lost me bunch on webpages on the Language Taskbar that I had open.

I think I should just have stopped whilst I was ahead! But thank you for offering to help.

My Windows 10 started booting into a "Recovery mechanism" when some files got corrupted. I had to get the Windows 10 re-installed. I'm working my way through all the changes I've made to my system since 2012.

Swifty, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get from "Taskbar" to "Properties" - Similar Threads - Taskbar Properties

2. Taskbar and desktop icons not showing up; can't open properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Taskbar and desktop icons not showing up; can't open properties: The icons on my desktop shortcuts are gone, leaving only the names. In the taskbar, they are replaced with what looks like a newspaper or website page icon. I cannot open the properties of anything and it applies in file explorer as well....
  3. Taskbar and desktop icons not showing up; can't open properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and desktop icons not showing up; can't open properties: The icons on my desktop shortcuts are gone, leaving only the names. In the taskbar, they are replaced with what looks like a newspaper or website page icon. I cannot open the properties of anything and it applies in file explorer as well....
  4. Taskbar and desktop icons not showing up; can't open properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Placing 'Speaker Properties' On Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Placing 'Speaker Properties' On Taskbar: Hello-I want to replace the volume icon on the taskbar or System Tray? with the 'Speaker Properties' icon, as the later opens -in one click- not just the volume control, but the balance, tone and other controls. Windows 10 places only the volume Icon on the Taskbar. From...
  6. Placing 'Speaker Properties' On Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Placing 'Speaker Properties' On Taskbar: Hello-I want to replace the volume icon on the taskbar or System Tray? with the 'Speaker Properties' icon, as the later opens -in one click- not just the volume control, but the balance, tone and other controls. Windows 10 places only the volume Icon on the Taskbar. From...
  7. Placing 'Speaker Properties' On Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Missing "Properties" in my taskbar....

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing "Properties" in my taskbar....: [Win10 Version 20H2 (OS Bild)19042.928; Lenovo Laptop; Outlook/Word 2016; Google Chrome...(is there more?)]. Hello, I've been trying to find how to get the Properties icon that's missing from my taskbar but I didn't find any results applying to this problem. Reason I need...
  9. DOSBox icon not showing up in the taskbar or properties window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DOSBox icon not showing up in the taskbar or properties window: This problem is only happening with DOSBox at the moment. I feel if it doesn't get resolved I may find other apps suffering the same problem. It was fine until one day it just started showing the generic document icon in the taskbar when I would run a game in DOSBox. I noted...
  10. Taskbar properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar properties: How do I delete the wording beside a taskbar icon? I know it has something to do with taskbar settings, but I cannot remember which setting. Thank you for any help you may offer....