Windows 10: How to get full access to WindowsApps folder to modify game files?

Discus and support How to get full access to WindowsApps folder to modify game files? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I made a new WindowsApps folder in D:\ and took over the ownership with "Take ownership context menu" hack from this Article. I'm able to see the files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ChairmanSaab, Dec 16, 2018.

1. How to get full access to WindowsApps folder to modify game files?

I made a new WindowsApps folder in D:\ and took over the ownership with "Take ownership context menu" hack from this Article. I'm able to see the files inside but unable to write. I only have one game inside the D:\WindowsApps folder called World of Tanks Blitz so it's not very messy.

I can't even change the permissions of the folder because it says "This access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create a new one.
    How to get full access to WindowsApps folder to modify game files? [​IMG]

All i want to do is write couple of mod files inside it, that's it. I'm able to do that with it's Steam version perfectly fine, you may wonder why i don't use the steam version then? Because i get low FPS and lag in it meanwhile the Windows 10 version works buttery smooth with 60FPS all the time.

:)

ChairmanSaab, Dec 16, 2018
  2. Eagle51 Win User

Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Hey x509,
    IIRC ... it's not actually a corrupt entry, but a special permission/condition (Exists:WIN://SYSAPPID) for Users(Pc-Name\Users) and shouldn't be removed. If you must change permissions on the WindowsApps folder and/or sub folders/files .... I suggest you get familiar with ICACLS first and save the current WindowsApps Folder / Sub Folders / File permissions to a acl.txt file, so you can restore them in case you break something (which is very likely when messing with permissions)

ICACLS - iCacls - Modify Access Control List - Windows CMD - SS64.com

Eagle51, Dec 16, 2018
  3. windowsapp folder access in windows 10

I am trying to list the windowsapp folder to give access to a program stored there so that it will be the default program for the .vob extension

JMiller1958, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

How to get full access to WindowsApps folder to modify game files?

WindowsApps Folder Cleanup

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I Suggest you to take ownership of the folder and attempt to delete the contents of the folder, I recommend you to try the below steps:

Step 1:

Follow the steps listed in
    Access Denied
    or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows.

Step 2:

Check for the article
    Disk cleanup
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking yes Or No.

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

How to get full access to WindowsApps folder to modify game files?

1. How to get full access to WindowsApps folder to modify game files? - Similar Threads - full access WindowsApps

2. Get access to a app folder in the windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get access to a app folder in the windowsapps folder: I would like to install mods using the curseforge app for Minecraft Dungeons but the launch button doesn't work and I know how to fix it but I can't modify anything in the Minecraft Dungeons folder and I already have access to the windowsapps folder...
  3. Get access to a app folder in the windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get access to a app folder in the windowsapps folder: I would like to install mods using the curseforge app for Minecraft Dungeons but the launch button doesn't work and I know how to fix it but I can't modify anything in the Minecraft Dungeons folder and I already have access to the windowsapps folder...
  4. Get access to a app folder in the windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing the WindowsApp folder: As the title states, I am trying to access the WindowsApp folder. However none of what I've found online has helped me acess it. I've tried changing owners, but I have failed. My PC is an HP Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Thanks for all of the help!...
  6. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing the WindowsApp folder: As the title states, I am trying to access the WindowsApp folder. However none of what I've found online has helped me acess it. I've tried changing owners, but I have failed. My PC is an HP Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Thanks for all of the help!...
  7. How to modify files inside WindowsApps folder ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to modify files inside WindowsApps folder ?: Dear forum members, The system is a Dutch Windows 10 Pro. That sometimes makes following English procedures more difficult. The folder I would like to change stuff in is F:\WindowsApps. It is the location where Microsoft Store installed the game Age of Empires DE. I...
  8. I can't modify game files inside WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't modify game files inside WindowsApps: I have a game I want to mod, that is found inside WindowsApps. I've taken every step to make sure I own the folder but I can't do the same to all the child folders with the games. I own those games, this permissions system it's so infuriating....
  9. Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps: I just discovered that I can't open up the WindowsApps folder to view the subfolders AND the Advanced Security Settings greys out the check boxes for full access, etc. Weird part is this message in the yellow box. How can one delete this "corrrupt entry?" [img] 111309
  10. How to gain access to the WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to gain access to the WindowsApps folder?: I already googled it and every tutorial is the same. When I go to do it, it doesn't work. I don't have a Microsoft account. I specified a local account user name. This is what I'm selecting as owner. The computer is not transferring access to the user im selecting. I want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windowsapps folder hack permissions

2. how to get windowsapps game files to work with wemod

3. how to modify windowsapps games