Windows 10: How to get full administrative access on my Win 10 PC

Discus and support How to get full administrative access on my Win 10 PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Apologies in advance, I never use reddit so this post may be a little badlly laid out etc... So I had my PC custom built for me around 8 months ago by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shangelawasrobbed, May 20, 2020.

1. How to get full administrative access on my Win 10 PC

Apologies in advance, I never use reddit so this post may be a little badlly laid out etc...

So I had my PC custom built for me around 8 months ago by a local guy. Up until recently I haven't had any issues with it. I have been able to download programs when I need to and change very basic settings when required. However I've recently had some issues with audio in a game I have installed so I turned to the internet to find a solution. However when I went to solve said issue I discovered that I don't have permission to access certain advanced settings. In this case I don't have access to advanced sound control settings. I am unable to change certain things in my PC (too many to list all) and I find that Windows is asking me to sign in as an admin before I can change things. I also found out that don't have permission to access certain folders in my C: drive. Please note that I am listed as an administrator however I am consistently hitting permission walls when trying to dig deeper to troubleshoot issues with my PC.

My question is, is there a solution to this? Or is this something that was "built in" to my PC when it was made?

submitted by /u/shangelawasrobbed
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shangelawasrobbed, May 20, 2020

2. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, May 20, 2020
  3. how do i run chkdsk fix under administrator in win 10

please list steps to run chkdsk fix in win 10 as administrator

SabrinaWatkins1, May 20, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

How to get full administrative access on my Win 10 PC

Can't Access Administrator Account - Windows 10

Hi,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you start your PC in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. For steps on how to start your PC in safe mode, refer to the following link:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Once you are in safe mode, let's enable the built-in Administrator account on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user administrator /active:yes on the command prompt, and press Enter. This command will enable the built-in Administrator account.
    • Type net user administrator password on the command prompt, and press Enter. This will change the Administrator account's password to
      password.
    • Reboot your computer, and sign in as Administrator.

Once you are signed in as Administrator, let's make your old account as Administrator. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Settings > Accounts > Other Users.
    • Click on your other account and click on Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, May 20, 2020
Thema:

How to get full administrative access on my Win 10 PC

1. How to get full administrative access on my Win 10 PC - Similar Threads - full administrative access

2. HOW I GET FULL ACCESS OF MY SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW I GET FULL ACCESS OF MY SYSTEM: 1. my system get hacked and make changes in it 2. he also make changes which and save it, but I can't do anything in my system because stolen all access and get administration access 3. how i will get full access back and secure my system4. automatically files are installing...
  3. HOW I GET FULL ACCESS OF MY SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW I GET FULL ACCESS OF MY SYSTEM: 1. my system get hacked and make changes in it 2. he also make changes which and save it, but I can't do anything in my system because stolen all access and get administration access 3. how i will get full access back and secure my system4. automatically files are installing...
  4. Lost Access to Administrator Account. Win 10

Lost Access to Administrator Account. Win 10: I have lost access to my Administrator Account. It happened , I think, after a MS Update. I also had to rebuild MS Outlook, which I am still trying to complete. As you must realise the problem of not having an Administrator Account is not workable as you cannot get past the...
  5. Lost Access to Administrator Account. Win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Access to Administrator Account. Win 10: I have lost access to my Administrator Account. It happened , I think, after a MS Update. I also had to rebuild MS Outlook, which I am still trying to complete. As you must realise the problem of not having an Administrator Account is not workable as you cannot get past the...
  6. repair win 10 pro administrator full rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    repair win 10 pro administrator full rights: repair win 10 pro administrator full rights https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repair-win-10-pro-administrator-full-rights/ae092376-7812-49e7-bcc2-de21750addcf
  7. repair win 10 pro administrator full rights

repair win 10 pro administrator full rights: repair win 10 pro administrator full rights https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repair-win-10-pro-administrator-full-rights/ae092376-7812-49e7-bcc2-de21750addcf
  8. repair win 10 pro administrator full rights

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. how to get access as administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to get access as administrator: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] hi everyone plz help me t get back access and control my computer i was unable to delete some files from :d drive bcz it ask for permission so I deleted the administrator then I updated and restarted the computer after that I found the :d drive is...
  10. Administrator permissions: How do I get full access of my computer?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator permissions: How do I get full access of my computer?: When trying to rename, copy or delete certain files or folders, I keep getting the annoying "You need administrator permission" prompt. I then click the button and it's done. But it's totally annoying and it seems so random because those files are no important system files or...