Windows 10: How to get full filename and path of files

Discus and support How to get full filename and path of files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10. I have a directory with many subfolders. I want to get a list of all the files full path in all the subdirectories. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by R4F, Jul 7, 2020.

1. R4F
    R4F Win User

How to get full filename and path of files

I am using Windows 10.

I have a directory with many subfolders. I want to get a list of all the files full path in all the subdirectories.

For example, C:\Parent Directory\Sub Directory\My File.txt

I want to put all these file names and their directories into a text file.

How do I do this?

:)

2. Edwin Win User

Jump list not showing full filename if pointer is hovering long files?

For some reason, this only applies to Taskbar jump lists, but you need to 'Pin' the item to the list first.
    Everywhere else it works as expected.

How to get full filename and path of files [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 7, 2020
  3. m3110w Win User
    How to get/display full path *and* file name of a file?

Hi All,

Any way to get/display the full path and file name of a file? It's easy to get the full path, but I want to get the path and file name. I know I can grab them separately. Can I get them together? How?

I did a google and youtube search and didn't find any hits.

Thanks,

m3110w, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

How to get/display full path *and* file name of a file?

To get:
    Shift+right click the object and choose 'Copy as Path'.

To display:
    Set folder view to 'Details' and set 'Path' as one of the attributes.

Edwin, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. How to get full filename and path of files - Similar Threads - full filename path

2. How to get full path of .exe in windows OS using commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get full path of .exe in windows OS using commands: I need to get the complete path of the .exe file.Let's say I have zoom.exe, I wanted to know where it was installed like c:/program files/zoom/bin/zoom.exeInput: zoom.exe output: c:/program files/zoom/bin/zoom.exe...
  3. How to get full path of .exe in windows OS using commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get full path of .exe in windows OS using commands: I need to get the complete path of the .exe file.Let's say I have zoom.exe, I wanted to know where it was installed like c:/program files/zoom/bin/zoom.exeInput: zoom.exe output: c:/program files/zoom/bin/zoom.exe...
  4. Windows Search - how to see full file name and path?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search - how to see full file name and path?: When I search Windows using the search bar in an Explorer window I can almost never see the full file name even if I have plenty of window space to show it - see the example below.First Question: How do I see the full file name of the files WITHOUT having to hover my mouse...
  5. Windows Search - how to see full file name and path?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search - how to see full file name and path?: When I search Windows using the search bar in an Explorer window I can almost never see the full file name even if I have plenty of window space to show it - see the example below.First Question: How do I see the full file name of the files WITHOUT having to hover my mouse...
  6. Windows File Explorer long paths/filenames

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows File Explorer long paths/filenames: This is pissing me off! Has been for years now. How can MS still not have a file explorer use the extended API functions so it can actually work with long file names and paths? My classical music collection alone requires that. Does anyone know of a good windows file...
  7. How do I not show the filename in the path in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I not show the filename in the path in windows explorer: I want to sort by path without including file name in the path. My client's computer works this way, but mine does not. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-not-show-the-filename-in-the-path-in/34186bfa-7ad8-4498-a806-488e0aa7908a"
  8. How to copy complete path/filename to clipboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to copy complete path/filename to clipboard?: In explorer if i navigate to a file and press F2 / copy that will only copy the filename "da.txt" to clipboard... i want this: "c:\files\blah\dee\da.txt" I see it's in the file Properties/Security/Object Name... it can be selected and copied. Is there a faster way? Thanks!...
  9. How to display full file path in Wndows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display full file path in Wndows Explorer: There is a tutoral on this issue, but it doesn't solve the central problem, which is, where is the folder? I mean, which drive is it on? The image shown in the tutoral gives the file path as beginning with "This PC". But WHERE on this PC? My PC has several drives, and...
  10. How to get/display full path *and* file name of a file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get/display full path *and* file name of a file?: Hi All, Any way to get/display the full path and file name of a file? It's easy to get the full path, but I want to get the path and file name. I know I can grab them separately. Can I get them together? How? I did a google and youtube search and didn't find any hits....