Windows 10: how to get full permission to delete old windows

Discus and support how to get full permission to delete old windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please tell me how to get full control over my computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DonaldThomas3, Feb 14, 2020.

1. how to get full permission to delete old windows

Please tell me how to get full control over my computer.

:)

DonaldThomas3, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Delete old version of windows

Hi Erle,

Some running files or services may be preventing you from deleting the old version of Windows on your computer, or there may be a conflict regarding permissions. We'd like to know some things to get a better picture of the problem and help you resolve it.
    Please answer the following:

• Are you trying to delete the Windows.old folder?
    • What error do you get when deleting the file?
    • Did you find the Previous Windows installation(s) file when you ran Disk Cleanup?
    • How long has it been since you upgraded the computer to Windows 10?

You can try the suggestions shared by SpiritX MS MVP on this
    page
    to permanently delete the folder of your previous operating system.

Let us know if any of the steps work for you.

We'll be glad to offer additional assistance if needed.

Regards.

Ruz San, Feb 14, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

how to get full permission to delete old windows

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Thema:

how to get full permission to delete old windows

1. how to get full permission to delete old windows - Similar Threads - full permission delete

2. Can't delete old drivers without SYSTEM permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete old drivers without SYSTEM permission: Hello- I recently tried installing an old Wacom tablet on my new pc running Windows 11. I got an error message during the install saying that some drivers wouldn't install correctly, and to try disabling memory integrity to fix the problem. I did that and installed the...
  3. Can't delete old drivers without SYSTEM permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete old drivers without SYSTEM permission: Hello- I recently tried installing an old Wacom tablet on my new pc running Windows 11. I got an error message during the install saying that some drivers wouldn't install correctly, and to try disabling memory integrity to fix the problem. I did that and installed the...
  4. Full user permission

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Full user permission: Hi, recently i have been getting a bundle of errors and i think are mainly due to permission changes. My user is an admin yet i get an admin has blocked me from doing stuff device manager, services ... meaning cant access mcc exe. Also windows troubleshooters all get an error...
  5. permission in system to delet a old file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    permission in system to delet a old file: I am trying to delete windows old and it says I must get permission in system. Can someone tell me how?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-in-system-to-delet-a-old-file/37288221-5ac2-4f1d-b943-5ef798ac8c36"
  6. Getting permanent deletion permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting permanent deletion permission: Of three TEMP folders that I routinely clean out, only the Windows one asks for permission. Can I set that so it does NOT query me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-permanent-deletion-permission/9d130796-2771-447a-91b2-d4632b310300"
  7. How to give me full permissions to delete and modify files and folders? Such as ProgramData...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to give me full permissions to delete and modify files and folders? Such as ProgramData...: I’m working on organizing my programs and files on my new PC and every time I’m messing with the program files it tells me I need an admin password (can I turn this off since I’m already logged in as admin?) but after I put it in I still can’t because I “don’t have...
  8. Get permission to delete folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Get permission to delete folders: Way too often, i come across a massage that says you need permission to perform this action if i try to delete a useless folder or a file on my computer. Any way to fix this? 124500
  9. How to get full permissions for C drive folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get full permissions for C drive folders?: I have spent a ridiculous amount of time Googling this now, going from forum to forum and am now (understandably, no?) feeling very irritated! *sarc Why on earth do Microsoft design Windows 10 Home Edition so that dialogue boxes come up telling you to contact the system or...
  10. Needing permission from SYSTEM to delete windows old.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Needing permission from SYSTEM to delete windows old.: Hi folks, I want to delete the windows old folder in windows 10 as its hogging up quite a bit of space, only upgraded windows 8 to 10 a few days ago. However it wont let me, I have tried disk cleanup and tried to delete the windows old folder, but it tells me I don't...