Windows 10: how to get genuine Operating system after formatting hard drive

Discus and support how to get genuine Operating system after formatting hard drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; kindly help me to get my original os after hard ware changes in my laptop to ssd and please guide me to get my digitally activated os... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by munasamal, Oct 19, 2020.

1. munasamal Win User

how to get genuine Operating system after formatting hard drive

kindly help me to get my original os after hard ware changes in my laptop to ssd and please guide me to get my digitally activated os

:)

munasamal, Oct 19, 2020

2. operating system on external hard drive

Hi Bhaskarramagiri,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

In order to understand the issue better can you share

• Which Operating System was previously installed?

• Can you share how did you try to format the C drive?

• Are you completely not able to boot the system?

Yes, you can access your internal drives by booting from the external hard disk, by changing the boot order of the "bootable" devices on your computer.

Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Formatting a dual boot system with windows 10 and ubuntu

Hi,

In Windows 10, you can easily format a hard drive or a partition by accessing Computer Management. For us to assist you, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type Computer Management.
    • On the left side, click on Disk Management under Storage.
    • Locate the drive that you want to format.
    • Once located, right-click on the drive and choose Format.

If the hard drive has not been formatted with the steps that we have provided above, we recommend that you contact the manufacturer of your hard drive. Some hard drive requires a software that you'll need to use just to format it.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Oct 19, 2020
  4. RebeccaBu Win User

Format Hard drive

I am having difficulty with formatting my hard drive. I purchased a new computer and want to scrub this one before exchanging it. I used the Recovery Tab on the control panel and it starts to run, but continues to give me message (a problem was encountered
    and no changes were made) of incomplete ability to perform task. I do not want to trade this computer with my files intact.

Any suggests would be helpful. I am trying to format the main hard drive on the computer and leave the operating system intact. I have administrative privileges on the compute (as it is my personal laptop).

Thank you

RebeccaBu, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

1. how to get genuine Operating system after formatting hard drive - Similar Threads - genuine Operating system

2. how to unlock files in external hard drive, after formatted system. ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to unlock files in external hard drive, after formatted system. ?: Hello. i have a big problem with unlocking some of my folders and files in my external drive. I transferred these files to my external hard drive without having unlocked them first. then i completely format my system because i wanted to get rid of huge amount of junk files....
  3. Formatting Ext Hard Drive for System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Formatting Ext Hard Drive for System Image: I'm using Windows 10 version 1909. If I want to make a system image, can I format the external drive using NTFS, FAT32 or exFAT? Do all three formats work? 175544
  4. Operating system stored on 2 hard drives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Operating system stored on 2 hard drives?: I have been recently upgrading an old computer I have, i bough an ssd to copy the os onto, I unplugged the hard drive that didn't have os, turned on the computer and apparently it missing BOOTMGR I plug the other hard drive in and pc recovery is needed? Does this mean parts...
  5. Hard drive crashed and operating system not found.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive crashed and operating system not found.: My hard drive crashed and I replaced it with a new one. I've tried to reboot my computer but says no operating system is found. I don't have a thumb drive or cd backup to install a new fresh copy of my operating system windows 10. I can't find the old 8.1 version that it...
  6. Formating a hard drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formating a hard drive.: I want to format my Intel hard drive so I can have a clean reinstall of Windows 10 but I can't format it because the drive I am trying to format is where Windows 10 is and I am using Windows 10 to try to format it. I have looked up every possible way to do this but I still...
  7. Formating Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Formating Hard Drives: I want to format my Intel hard drive so I can have a clean reinstall of Windows 10 but I can't format it because the drive I am trying to format is where Windows 10 is and I am using Windows 10 to try to format it. I have looked up every possible way to do this but I still...
  8. Format hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Format hard drive: I cannot do updates because I am out of disk space but I cannot figure out how to free up disk space. I've deleted all unneeded program files and want to just reformat the hard drive. The option to reformat is grayed out, however. Sometimes the laptop will give me a gray...
  9. Hard Drive fills up after format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive fills up after format: Before I start, I must say that I am completely new to these forums. I literally just made an account so I could get some help with this problem. I apologise beforehand if my formatting or general mannerisms are not right. There's a TL;DR at the bottom for those who don't...
  10. formatting a hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    formatting a hard drive: does anyone know how to format a hard drive to load and run windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-a-hard-drive/398827f9-3683-4e2c-a621-a32071e1d680