Windows 10: How to get good sound quality on Windows with airpods pro in Headset mode?

Discus and support How to get good sound quality on Windows with airpods pro in Headset mode? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Airpods pro have a very good sound quality on my Mac/iPhone, but have a very, very poor quality on Windows when used as a headset. Windows install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidGourde, Oct 1, 2020.

1. How to get good sound quality on Windows with airpods pro in Headset mode?

My Airpods pro have a very good sound quality on my Mac/iPhone, but have a very, very poor quality on Windows when used as a headset. Windows install them with 2 "modes". One is "Headphones" where the quality is great, but the microphone cannot be used. The other is "Headset", where the quality is horrendous not acceptable at all. When in headset mode, there is a constant noise in the background, and the quality is very, very low this is not the case on any other OS I've tried it on. In the headset mode, the volume is very high, even at the lowest setting using the Windows volume slider. Finally, when using apps to do videoconferences, like Teams, the volume slider does not affect the sound volume at all I made sure to have selected the headset mode in the volume slider, and the same mode in the Teams settings. The slider moves, but it does not affect the volume at all.

I tried updating the firmware of my Airpods pro, updating Windows, updating the laptop using the Dell update tool which included a Bluetooth drivers update, none of that had any effect. I tried unregistering the Airpods pro forgetting the bluetooth device, and adding it again, which also did not help. I tried restarting the computer, as well as to put the headset mode as default in the Sound settings, but it doesn't help.

What did I miss? How can I fix this problem? This issue does not exist on MacOs Macbook Pro 2015.

Thanks

:)

DavidGourde, Oct 1, 2020
  2. RemoLU Win User

Airpods Pro: very bad quality in Headset mode on Windows 10

Dear all,

I've got my new Airpods Pro, they work well with my iPhone.
    Also on Windows 10 via bluetooth, sound quality is good when using the "Airpods stereo" mode.

However, in the headset mode ("Airpods Hands-Free AG Audio") sound and especially microphone quality is extremely bad. I tried to change the default format (see screenshot, it's only 8000Hz), but I cannot change it as it's grey. Any advice to get a better
    microphone quality?

How to get good sound quality on Windows with airpods pro in Headset mode? 85c18129-40f9-4bc8-a5b5-e0f710367cc6?upload=true.png

RemoLU, Oct 1, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue How to get good sound quality on Windows with airpods pro in Headset mode? :p

cadaveca, Oct 1, 2020
  4. How to get good sound quality on Windows with airpods pro in Headset mode?

poor sound quality in my airpods pro when connected to my computer.

When I'm listening to music on my computer (with windows 10) with my AirPods pro the quality of the sounds is really poor.

is there anything that I can do to improve it? I heard that I will need to change the protocol for the computer and the AirPods, is that right?

zivharoety, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

How to get good sound quality on Windows with airpods pro in Headset mode?

1. How to get good sound quality on Windows with airpods pro in Headset mode? - Similar Threads - sound quality airpods

2. AIRPODS PRO BAD SOUND QUALITY W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AIRPODS PRO BAD SOUND QUALITY W11: YOUR MIC MAY NEED SHUT OFF. IF THIS DOESN’T SOLVE IT, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AND ENSURE THAT THE MICROPHONE IS NOT ACTIVATED AND THEN TEST SOUND. I may be late to the party. Regardless, I am a new owner of a Windows 11 equipped computer and, while attempting to use my AirPods...
  3. AIRPODS PRO BAD SOUND QUALITY W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AIRPODS PRO BAD SOUND QUALITY W11: YOUR MIC MAY NEED SHUT OFF. IF THIS DOESN’T SOLVE IT, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AND ENSURE THAT THE MICROPHONE IS NOT ACTIVATED AND THEN TEST SOUND. I may be late to the party. Regardless, I am a new owner of a Windows 11 equipped computer and, while attempting to use my AirPods...
  4. AirPods Pro Sound Quality Bad When Using Microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AirPods Pro Sound Quality Bad When Using Microphone.: My AirPods Pro 2nd Generation sound good when I am using them normally. However, when I start using the microphone, the sound quality degrades significantly. For example, when I am playing a game and using the microphone to talk to others, the sound quality is bad but when I...
  5. AirPods Pro Sound Quality Bad When Using Microphone.

AirPods Pro Sound Quality Bad When Using Microphone.: My AirPods Pro 2nd Generation sound good when I am using them normally. However, when I start using the microphone, the sound quality degrades significantly. For example, when I am playing a game and using the microphone to talk to others, the sound quality is bad but when I...
  6. Airpods sound quality on Windows 11 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods sound quality on Windows 11 Laptop: The sound on my airpods when connected to my laptop sounds very mufflws. I already tried searching up things on how to fix them and noticed that it might be because they are under Headset. However, I am unable to change it to the Headphones option and I do not know how to fix...
  7. Airpods sound quality on Windows 11 Laptop

Airpods sound quality on Windows 11 Laptop: The sound on my airpods when connected to my laptop sounds very mufflws. I already tried searching up things on how to fix them and noticed that it might be because they are under Headset. However, I am unable to change it to the Headphones option and I do not know how to fix...
  8. Airpods Pro, Sound problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airpods Pro, Sound problems: Hi, I just bought the Apple airpods pro and connected them to my pc. For some reason the sound works great only when I am using one of them, if I use both the sound usually cuts out after a while. I have tried disconnecting and connecting them a few times with no result. This...
  9. Airpods Pro: very bad quality in Headset mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airpods Pro: very bad quality in Headset mode on Windows 10: Dear all, I've got my new Airpods Pro, they work well with my iPhone. Also on Windows 10 via bluetooth, sound quality is good when using the "Airpods stereo" mode. However, in the headset mode "Airpods Hands-Free AG Audio" sound and especially microphone quality is...
  10. crapy bluetooth headset sound quality

in Windows 10 Customization
    crapy bluetooth headset sound quality: so the issue is whenever i buy bt headphones off eBay the sound quality on windows devices sucks its fine on my phone but on any pc it sucks i used to have a fix for this and was that i would go into device manager and select the headphones and uncheck the box that said...