Windows 10: How to get handwriting recognition to recognise diacritical marks?

Discus and support How to get handwriting recognition to recognise diacritical marks? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried using Windows 10 (20H2) handwriting recognition to take notes for the first time today, and it was a disaster. I was typing in English, and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricecrispies, Jun 6, 2021.

1. How to get handwriting recognition to recognise diacritical marks?

I tried using Windows 10 (20H2) handwriting recognition to take notes for the first time today, and it was a disaster. I was typing in English, and my language was set to English (UK) and my keyboard to US International, but I needed to write some German place names. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried, I could not get it to recognise . By contrast, when I use Gboard on my phone, it will usually recognise what I am writing even if it is not in the current input language. Certainly it performs better if, for instance when I am writing in French, the input language is set to French, but usually I can get it to recognise French even if the input language is set to English or Dutch. And in any case, changing input language in Gboard is a very quick and easy process. Given that changing input language or switching to the onscreen keyboard is difficult when my laptop is in tablet mode and the physical keyboard is disabled, how can I make Windows handwriting recognition work well enough for multilingual input for it to be useful?

:)

ricecrispies, Jun 6, 2021
  2. Johann Eva, Jun 6, 2021
  3. TRaingle Win User
    Handwriting recognition input doesn't work

Hi, I have a Surface Book. The handwriting recognition and input works great in Word and Firefox, but when I try to input handwriting and have it converted to text in some other apps (e.g. Foxit PDF Reader), it doesn't work. I can bring up the handwriting
    input panel and my handwriting is recognised, but when I click on the word it just doesn't appear in the desired textbox. Is this n issue with the app or with Windows? Any ideas on how to fix this, or alternatively any suggestions for a good PDF reader that
    supports it? Cheers

TRaingle, Jun 6, 2021
  4. treads Win User

How to get handwriting recognition to recognise diacritical marks?

How does windows handwriting recognition work in win10?

In win7 handwriting recognition - tablet input app - is really easy to use but I can't get it to work properly in win10.
    It doesn't put the recognised words into the open document , also the app - TabTip (is this the right one?) seems to disappear off the screen, in win7 the tablet input app stays on top the whole time or u can minimise it to the side. what was the point of changing how this works? Anyone worked out how to use it yet?

update: I have got this working now. win10 recognised my bamboo wireless pad too.
    TabTip is the correct app for handwriting recognition, you can set the icon to appear in the lower right of the taskbar for easy access. Try it with word pad.

treads, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

How to get handwriting recognition to recognise diacritical marks?

1. How to get handwriting recognition to recognise diacritical marks? - Similar Threads - handwriting recognition recognise

2. How to get rid of Green check marks?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of Green check marks?: What's with the green check marks? Everything in my Pictures folder and subfolders have green check marks in the lower left corner. How do I get rid of them? [img] 176296
  3. Handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Handwriting panel: The handwriting panel either disappears, or what ever am an trying to write on disappears if I rest my hand on the screen to write. I don't see any palm reject settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/handwriting-panel/cc4a1e0e-a035-4b74-9573-1b0840d93819
  4. How do I get rid of these check marks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of these check marks?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/rzofzanyrcx51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=9143dcc17f18798068fefa605549d550a4240bb5 submitted by /u/francis_of_the_f1lth [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jocrey/how_do_i_get_rid_of_these_check_marks/
  5. No handwriting recognition with non-standard keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    No handwriting recognition with non-standard keyboard layout: When I type in English, I use a non-standard keyboard layout, namely the US International AltGr Dead Keys layout. This layout is standard in Linux distributions, but not offered within Windows. This means that I have had to install it from third-parties. Unfortunately I have...
  6. Piano not getting recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Piano not getting recognised: Hello I have a Yamaha PSR-78 piano keyboard and I want to plug it into my laptop to record something in audacity but as soon as I plug it in, it is not recognised and no more sound is outputed from my laptop. My supposition is that the piano is being recognised as...
  7. Accent/Diacritic Mark Over South African Name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accent/Diacritic Mark Over South African Name?: On my Windows computer, I want to be able to type the name Andre but have it auto correct to André with that accent over the "e". I have tried inputting this into my dictionary in Windows and also explored putting this in Gmail, but neither will take/work? Is there any way on...
  8. New HP computer not recognising any passwords or face recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New HP computer not recognising any passwords or face recognition: I have a brand new HP all in one desktop. Went to use it on the second day and it says it needs a Windows Hello needs a pin. Asked for password. Not sure if I set up face recognition the night before but its not recognising that. I changed my Microsoft password 3 times and it...
  9. How to get Chinese Language Handwritting Pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get Chinese Language Handwritting Pad: As shown in picture below, there is no Chinese Language Handwriting pad on the keyboard option. How can I get the Handwriting pad for Chinese Language input? [ATTACH]...
  10. How does windows handwriting recognition work in win10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How does windows handwriting recognition work in win10?: In win7 handwriting recognition - tablet input app - is really easy to use but I can't get it to work properly in win10. It doesn't put the recognised words into the open document , also the app - TabTip (is this the right one?) seems to disappear off the screen, in win7...