Windows 10: How to get handwriting recognition to recognise diacritical marks?

Discus and support How to get handwriting recognition to recognise diacritical marks? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried using Windows 10 (20H2) handwriting recognition to take notes for the first time today, and it was a disaster. I was typing in English, and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricecrispies, Jun 6, 2021.

1. How to get handwriting recognition to recognise diacritical marks?

I tried using Windows 10 (20H2) handwriting recognition to take notes for the first time today, and it was a disaster. I was typing in English, and my language was set to English (UK) and my keyboard to US International, but I needed to write some German place names. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried, I could not get it to recognise . By contrast, when I use Gboard on my phone, it will usually recognise what I am writing even if it is not in the current input language. Certainly it performs better if, for instance when I am writing in French, the input language is set to French, but usually I can get it to recognise French even if the input language is set to English or Dutch. And in any case, changing input language in Gboard is a very quick and easy process. Given that changing input language or switching to the onscreen keyboard is difficult when my laptop is in tablet mode and the physical keyboard is disabled, how can I make Windows handwriting recognition work well enough for multilingual input for it to be useful?

:)

ricecrispies, Jun 6, 2021
  2. Johann Eva, Jun 6, 2021
  3. TRaingle Win User
    Handwriting recognition input doesn't work

Hi, I have a Surface Book. The handwriting recognition and input works great in Word and Firefox, but when I try to input handwriting and have it converted to text in some other apps (e.g. Foxit PDF Reader), it doesn't work. I can bring up the handwriting
    input panel and my handwriting is recognised, but when I click on the word it just doesn't appear in the desired textbox. Is this n issue with the app or with Windows? Any ideas on how to fix this, or alternatively any suggestions for a good PDF reader that
    supports it? Cheers

TRaingle, Jun 6, 2021
  4. treads Win User

How to get handwriting recognition to recognise diacritical marks?

How does windows handwriting recognition work in win10?

In win7 handwriting recognition - tablet input app - is really easy to use but I can't get it to work properly in win10.
    It doesn't put the recognised words into the open document , also the app - TabTip (is this the right one?) seems to disappear off the screen, in win7 the tablet input app stays on top the whole time or u can minimise it to the side. what was the point of changing how this works? Anyone worked out how to use it yet?

update: I have got this working now. win10 recognised my bamboo wireless pad too.
    TabTip is the correct app for handwriting recognition, you can set the icon to appear in the lower right of the taskbar for easy access. Try it with word pad.

treads, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

How to get handwriting recognition to recognise diacritical marks?

1. How to get handwriting recognition to recognise diacritical marks? - Similar Threads - handwriting recognition recognise

2. Handwriting recognition in Korean and Chinese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handwriting recognition in Korean and Chinese: How can I draw Korean or Chinese characters on my graphics tablet and have them recognised as text?It was a text input mode under Windows 10. The IME is impractical, far too slow and primitive. Is that all there is under Windows 11?...
  3. Handwriting recognition on Bulgarian cyrilic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handwriting recognition on Bulgarian cyrilic: I work mostly in Bulgarian and I badly need recognition of Bulgarian handwriting. Is it expected that there will be a similar decision soon in Windows?...
  4. Handwriting recognition on Bulgarian cyrilic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Handwriting recognition on Bulgarian cyrilic: I work mostly in Bulgarian and I badly need recognition of Bulgarian handwriting. Is it expected that there will be a similar decision soon in Windows?...
  5. How to Reset Handwriting Recognition and force Windows to Relearn my Handwriting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Reset Handwriting Recognition and force Windows to Relearn my Handwriting: I just need to start over. The answer needs to be specific to Windows 11 because the advanced language options and the ShapeCollector have been removed.My sister has used the handwriting successfully for about a year on her surface pro 8. Recently she has commented that as...
  6. How to Reset Handwriting Recognition and force Windows to Relearn my Handwriting

How to Reset Handwriting Recognition and force Windows to Relearn my Handwriting: I just need to start over. The answer needs to be specific to Windows 11 because the advanced language options and the ShapeCollector have been removed.My sister has used the handwriting successfully for about a year on her surface pro 8. Recently she has commented that as...
  7. How to Reset Handwriting Recognition and force Windows to Relearn my Handwriting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Reset Handwriting Recognition and force Windows to Relearn my Handwriting: I just need to start over. The answer needs to be specific to Windows 11 because the advanced language options and the ShapeCollector have been removed....
  8. How to Reset Handwriting Recognition and force Windows to Relearn my Handwriting

How to Reset Handwriting Recognition and force Windows to Relearn my Handwriting: I just need to start over. The answer needs to be specific to Windows 11 because the advanced language options and the ShapeCollector have been removed....
  9. Persian/Arabic handwriting recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persian/Arabic handwriting recognition: Is Persian/Arabic handwriting recognition ink to text still unavailable?If yes why is that!? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/persianarabic-handwriting-recognition/99532e38-f15c-4edd-939a-0a431bcb18e1
  10. Keyboard Shortcuts for Diacritical Marks Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Shortcuts for Diacritical Marks Not Working: Many common shortcuts like Copy and Paste work fine, but I need to be able tp make diacritical marks. The shortcuts listed hereKeyboard shortcuts to add language accent marks in Word microsoft.comdo not work for me anywhere, including in Microsoft Word, though I need to be...