Windows 10: How to get HEVC Codec without paying for it?

Discus and support How to get HEVC Codec without paying for it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; What the title said, I want to watch a certain video I downloaded but windows isn't letting me because I don't have the HEVC Codec, which costs money.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TobiraKanzaki, Aug 17, 2020.

1. How to get HEVC Codec without paying for it?

What the title said, I want to watch a certain video I downloaded but windows isn't letting me because I don't have the HEVC Codec, which costs money.

PS: I don't want to use an application like VLC or something because I prefer the UI on the Windows Media Player a lot more.

submitted by /u/TobiraKanzaki
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TobiraKanzaki, Aug 17, 2020
  2. nina Win User

Installation of HEVC codec

Any attempt to install HEVC codec, purchased from MIcrosoft Store, is a failure. What can be the reason?

3. Windows 10 getting HEVC H.265 Codec to use Hardware Acceleration

GoPro Quik uses the codec from the store app "HEVC Video Extensions", which does not support Hardware Acceleration for desktop programs like Windows Media Player and GoPro Quik when the Computer has a dedicated graphic card. There is no solution to this problem untill either Microsoft fixed their "HEVC Video Extensions" or GoPro fixes this by using other or built in codec for HEVC.

Arne H. Bitubekk, Aug 17, 2020
  4. How to get HEVC Codec without paying for it?

hevc codec won't work in Resolve

Hello, I thought i would get the HEVC Video Extensions codec in the Store to help with support when trying to create h.265 videos in software like Resolve. But even with this i get no extra support for the file type,
    heres what the description on the store says

HEVC Video Extensions enable Windows 10 devices to play video using the HEVC format in any app. They're designed to take advantage of hardware capabilities on modern devices, including Intel 7th Generation Core processors
    and newer GPUs in order to support 4K and Ultra HD content. For devices without HEVC hardware support, software support is provided to enable local playback capabilities though the experience may vary depending on the resolution of the video and performance
    of your computer. In addition to supporting HEVC playback, these Extensions also include support for encoding HEVC content on devices that do not contain a hardware encoder.

Am i missing something or will it not work for editing the h.265 files?

Podge Papin, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

How to get HEVC Codec without paying for it?

1. How to get HEVC Codec without paying for it? - Similar Threads - HEVC Codec without

2. Wanted to pay HEVC codec through Microsoft Store but I was charged €0.01 without being able...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wanted to pay HEVC codec through Microsoft Store but I was charged €0.01 without being able...: Hello there,I am trying to buy HEVC codec on Windows 10 and I'm from the Netherlands. I went to buy through Microsoft Store but it told me to verify my €0.01 payment to return the €0.01 to Microsoft. I still haven't paid the chargeback of €0.01 to Microsoft and something went...
  3. HEVC Codecs

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HEVC Codecs: im on windows 10 and cant get the codecs because im from the uk..when i put my card details in its asking for a post code which it wont take..plus its asking for a state ? i cant change the country...
  4. HEVC Codecs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC Codecs: im on windows 10 and cant get the codecs because im from the uk..when i put my card details in its asking for a post code which it wont take..plus its asking for a state ? i cant change the country...
  5. HEVC Codecs

6. HEVC codec purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC codec purchase: I purchased the HEVC codec so my family can watch videos on our media pc. Unfortunately the restricted local users kids can't use the codec. Surely you don't expect everyone using the pc to separately purchase this codec?...
  7. HEVC codec purchase

HEVC codec purchase: I purchased the HEVC codec so my family can watch videos on our media pc. Unfortunately the restricted local users kids can't use the codec. Surely you don't expect everyone using the pc to separately purchase this codec?...
  8. HEVC Codec issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HEVC Codec issue: I have purchased a HEVC codec from the store. I cannot find it anywhere in the store to download, if I go through to get it a different way where it says install it won't download and install, it's doing my head in....
  9. HEVC Codec Installer

HEVC Codec Installer: This won't download....
  10. Installation of HEVC codec

Installation of HEVC codec: Any attempt to install HEVC codec, purchased from MIcrosoft Store, is a failure. What can be the reason? 126437