Windows 10: How to get icons only in Favorites bar ?

Discus and support How to get icons only in Favorites bar ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have all my Favorites from IE 11 and Chrome in the Favorites bar in Microsoft Edge, but it shows the icons and titles with them, how do I get only... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jymp, Aug 2, 2015.

1. jymp Win User

How to get icons only in Favorites bar ?

I have all my Favorites from IE 11 and Chrome in the Favorites bar in Microsoft Edge, but it shows the icons and titles with them, how do I get only the icons to show ?, would save a lot of space in the Favorites bar.

:)

jymp, Aug 2, 2015
  2. BeatrizN{ Win User

How to show icons only in my favorites bar in Windows Edge?

Right click on the double >> at the end of the icons and names right before the home icon. Go to the bottom to the last option that reads icons withs and you should have one that reads icons only.

Select that and Voala! names are gone!

BeatrizN{, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Lugho Win User
    How to show icons only in my favorites bar in Windows Edge?

Hello,

You can rename the shortcuts in the Favourites bar.

- Click on the three horizontal striped in the top right hand corner of the Edge browser.

- Select the "Favourites Bar"

- Right-click on any shortcut and select "Rename"

- You can change this to a "Space" which almost makes it look like icons only.

Cheers,

Ludo

Lugho, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

I number them.

How to get icons only in Favorites bar ? [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Craige Win User
    BTW, I just tried editing it but I cannot... how 2 even rename them so tht temporarily I can put numbers there!

Craige, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Right click them inside the Favorites Menu:

How to get icons only in Favorites bar ? [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 2, 2015
  7. jymp Win User
    Shouldn't have to rename them, should be like IE 11 or Firefox or Chrome, where you just edit them, so only the icons show

jymp, Aug 2, 2015
  8. damonroad Win User

same problem. I edit them in favorites but they just go back to their original names

damonroad, Aug 15, 2015
  9. DLO
    dlo Win User
    I just changed mine. Follow the inx above, right click, etc. When the current name comes up hit delete key, then enter number or new name, then hit the ENTER key (That will move the web address to the next line and not be visible on FAV bar)

Thema:

1. How to get icons only in Favorites bar ? - Similar Threads - icons Favorites bar

2. Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites: When I first used the new Edge (Chrome??) I imported my bookmarks and bookmarks tool bar from Firerfox and got lost in the terminology of Edge. I am sure I don't understand the difference between 'Favorites', 'Favorites Bar' and 'Other Favorites'. Each seems to contain the...
  3. how do favorites get an icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do favorites get an icon: how does a favorite get an icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-favorites-get-an-icon/aeb8e0b0-61d0-442e-a013-95f743ede5e7
  4. how to get rid of favorites bar on top

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get rid of favorites bar on top: I cannot get rid of the favorites bar on top. I have turned it off, restarted, and its still there. Moved from: Surface Pro 3 / Display and screen...
  5. size of favorites bar icon and text

in Windows 10 Support
    size of favorites bar icon and text: 1803 just downloaded, I need to get things back the way they were, the icons and text in favorites bar are smaller than they were, how to make larger 109809
  6. Edge Favorites Bar Icon Spacing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Icon Spacing: I finally figures out how to import my IE favorites into the Edge favorites bar, and then how to re-order them. Does anyone know of a way to decrease the spacing between the icons themselves in the Edge favorites bar? 27124
  7. Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar: I am presently using IE 11 and thinking about switching to another browser. I am looking for a browser that has the above titles shown on the home page in the same way as IE 11. Are there any available? 71224
  8. Maxthon Browser-Icons only on Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Maxthon Browser-Icons only on Favorites Bar: Maxthon Browser doesn't seem to let you have icons only on the Favorites Bar. Here's a little workaround: Add a site to the Favorites Bar but don't edit the title, (yet) [img] [img] Once it's pinned, right click on it and choose Edit [img] then give it a...
  9. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...
  10. Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar - Show Icons Only or Names and Icons

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar - Show Icons Only or Names and Icons: How to: Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar - Show Icons Only or Names and Icons How to Show Icons Only or Names and Icons on Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 icons only favorite bar

2. hide name and icon EDGE all

3. how to stop edge favorite bar from reverting to name and icon

4. windows 10 favorites toolbar icons only,
  5. windows forums favourites bar icons only,
  6. icons only on favoutite bar windows 10,
  7. how do you change multiple favorites icon only on edge favorites bar,
  8. only icon on favorites edge bar with two pc,
  9. in ms edge how to show icons only in favorites bar,
  10. edge favorites icons only,
  11. how to download icons on favorite bar,