Windows 10: How to get item back to start menu without installing.

Discus and support How to get item back to start menu without installing. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Like I have Spotify on start menu and I just click it and I uninstall because I doesn't want to click and it gone.I want it back without install it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pun Rungrattawatchai, Aug 31, 2021.

1. How to get item back to start menu without installing.

Like I have Spotify on start menu and I just click it and I uninstall because I doesn't want to click and it gone.I want it back without install it, can you help me?

:)

Pun Rungrattawatchai, Aug 31, 2021

2. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Aug 31, 2021
  3. bahumbaba Win User
    Insufficient rights when creating Start Menu items during installation

Hi forum,

I have an issue when installing software in general on my Windows 10 Pro installation.

So far i've tried with Skype and VirtualBox and both installations are having issues when it comes to create the Start Menu shortcuts, i get the error and have to cancel the installation: The installer has insufficient privileges to access the directory: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Oracle VM VirtualBox. The installer cannot continue. Log on as administrator or contact your system administrator.

How to get item back to start menu without installing. [​IMG]

What i've tried so far:

These steps have helped some users with the same issue, but i cant seem to catch a break, i still can't install software.

Any help would be much appreciated.

bahumbaba, Aug 31, 2021
  4. dhoshaw Win User

How to get item back to start menu without installing.

No Fan Control menu item in ATITool 0.26

.27b3 problems with 8800GT 256MB

I tried the .27b3 and encountered some problems.
    • Default profile comes up 0.00 / 0.00
    • App hard locks
    • Still no fan menu
    In the setup menu the following items appear:
    • Overclocking
    • Artifact scanning
    • Temperature monitoring
    • Gamma control
    • Startup
    • 3D-detection
    • Driver tweeks
    • Miscellaneous
    I'm running XP SP2 running NVIDIA 169.21 drivers.

The device details are displayed correctly now.

Regards,

dhoshaw, Aug 31, 2021
Thema:

How to get item back to start menu without installing.

1. How to get item back to start menu without installing. - Similar Threads - item start menu

2. Get The Old Start Menu Back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get The Old Start Menu Back?: I did a win 10 update of some sort a month ago and since then I've had this start menu. I don't like it, so how do I get the older one back now?in Programs I see Classic Shell, is that it? This is a desktop if that matters....
  3. Get The Old Start Menu Back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get The Old Start Menu Back?: I did a win 10 update of some sort a month ago and since then I've had this start menu. I don't like it, so how do I get the older one back now?in Programs I see Classic Shell, is that it?...
  4. Get Older Start Menu Back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get Older Start Menu Back?: So someone said to update my Win 10 with this link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445I did and now have this crazy Start menu that seems to show just the programs I have.can I get the other older version back?...
  5. Get Older Start Menu Back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get Older Start Menu Back?: So someone said to update my Win 10 with this link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445I did and now have this crazy Start menu that seems to show just the programs I have.can I get the other older version back?...
  6. How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click: Hi, We have a SharePoint 2013 site and an item list where the list used to show a Menu called "Manage Selection" with default menu items when user right clicks on a list item or click on 3 dots ellipsis, But somehow it is not showing up now in the default menu items. How do I...
  7. How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click

How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click: Hi, We have a SharePoint 2013 site and an item list where the list used to show a Menu called "Manage Selection" with default menu items when user right clicks on a list item or click on 3 dots ellipsis, But somehow it is not showing up now in the default menu items. How do I...
  8. How to get old start menu colour back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get old start menu colour back?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sir_Nexus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/juc2i8/how_to_get_old_start_menu_colour_back/
  9. Start menu items...

Start menu items...: When I started up, then rechecked the standard News and weather apps. were not working in the START menu. They were working fine yesterday. 110222
  10. How to get an item added to Most Used on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get an item added to Most Used on Start Menu: I have opened the Paint program add least 100 times in the past two days. It has never been added to the Most Used area of the Start Menu. What do I need to do to get Paint to show in Most Used on the Start Menu? 14565