Windows 10: how to get laptop to return to earlier settings

Discus and support how to get laptop to return to earlier settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to return laptop to settings from two weeks ago. continual failure in recovery mode. no abnormality noted elsewhere. system had automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dianeharrison4, Oct 28, 2019.

1. how to get laptop to return to earlier settings

Trying to return laptop to settings from two weeks ago. continual failure in recovery mode. no abnormality noted elsewhere. system had automatic opening of Yahoo mail and also facebook with no problem as of yesterday october 27 2019. then I tried to remove numerous tabs in Explorer ribbon---this did not work for a while then I tried Chrome again, no luck. now both yahoo and facebook are asking for passwords, and the ones I use are not working....don't know how to fix this

:)

dianeharrison4, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 28, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

how to get laptop to return to earlier settings

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

how to get laptop to return to earlier settings

1. how to get laptop to return to earlier settings - Similar Threads - laptop return earlier

2. Laptop dead, how do I get support for a return?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop dead, how do I get support for a return?: As the question says, my laptop has suffered a terminal failure. Indeed, it was basically dead on arrival. How do I tell MS? Who do I contact? How do I return it? It is under warranty. All I want is an email address for someone at MS in Canada who will tell me where I should...
  3. Laptop dead, how do I get support for a return?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop dead, how do I get support for a return?: As the question says, my laptop has suffered a terminal failure. Indeed, it was basically dead on arrival. How do I tell MS? Who do I contact? How do I return it? It is under warranty. All I want is an email address for someone at MS in Canada who will tell me where I should...
  4. How to return the programs that came with the laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to return the programs that came with the laptop?: Product: OMEN By HP - 17-An012dxOperating System: Microsoft Windows 11Hello, Windows 10 was installed on my laptop from the store after starting the laptop, I found the programs that came with the laptop, such as Microsoft Office 2016 and programs from HP, there were also...
  5. How to return the programs that came with the laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to return the programs that came with the laptop?: Product: OMEN By HP - 17-An012dxOperating System: Microsoft Windows 11Hello, Windows 10 was installed on my laptop from the store after starting the laptop, I found the programs that came with the laptop, such as Microsoft Office 2016 and programs from HP, there were also...
  6. return this computer to an earlier time?

in Windows 10 Customization
    return this computer to an earlier time?: RETURN THIS COMPUTER TO AN EARLIER DATE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-this-computer-to-an-earlier-time/40dd1919-ab68-4614-8aec-3edc6ebc8f2b
  7. Not getting Code returned

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not getting Code returned: When trying to enter Activity when already signed in I selected text to receive a code to verify Identity but no code is being sent??? Phone # is on account and entered correctly....
  8. reset windows to earlier setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    reset windows to earlier setting: how do I reset windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-windows-to-earlier-setting/0e705dcd-6e7c-41d7-87e0-316865fc7b91
  9. How to return a computer to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to return a computer to factory settings?: How to return a computer to factory settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-return-a-computer-to-factory-settings/d4a98b0c-8c0d-418f-9b1b-d85f512c205d
  10. How To Get Latest Build After Reverting To Earlier Build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How To Get Latest Build After Reverting To Earlier Build: Somewhat unusual situation here. A machine running the latest build (11102) got badly infected by malware. It was such a major attack that I was about to reload the earlier day's image from my Windows Home Server. But it seemed even easier to revert to the previous build, not...