Windows 10: How to get latest windows updates

Discus and support How to get latest windows updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do you get latest updates without using the normal windows update feature?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DommyMungich, Jun 22, 2021.

1. How to get latest windows updates

How do you get latest updates without using the normal windows update feature?

:)

DommyMungich, Jun 22, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 22, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How to get latest windows updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 22, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

How to get latest windows updates

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

How to get latest windows updates

1. How to get latest windows updates - Similar Threads - latest updates

2. Cannot install latest Windows Updates because of VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install latest Windows Updates because of VirtualBox: I don't have any emulators. I dont have virtualbox on my pc. Please help, what can i do to install the latest updates? This is driving me crazy because i cant find anything related to virtualbox. Please suggest something...
  3. Windows doesn't sleep or hibernate properly after the latest update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows doesn't sleep or hibernate properly after the latest update: On my Dell Inspiron laptop, my Windows 10 recently got updated to 20H2. Since then, the sleep/hibernate functionality of my laptop seems to have gone for a toss. I have the habit of unplugging my laptop and letting it go to sleep and then hibernate automatically. Sometimes, I...
  4. Screen is freezing for 1-2 seconds every 5 min after latest Windows update from July

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen is freezing for 1-2 seconds every 5 min after latest Windows update from July: My screen is freezing for 1-2 seconds every 5 min after latest Windows update from July. I encounter the problems when I am playing films or working in 3D programs, Adobe, Google - everything. Offline, online doesn't matter. Problems started after following updates:...
  5. Cannot open image files after latest Windows 10 update.

Cannot open image files after latest Windows 10 update.: July 13, 2021—KB5004237 OS Builds 19041.1110, 19042.1110, and 19043.1110 I believe is the latest update to my computer. After installing it, I can no longer open .JPG, .PNG or .BMP files. All I get is a blank window. If I try to "right-click" the image file to select "open...
  6. Cant Flash SD Card images in Latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant Flash SD Card images in Latest Windows 10 update: first time in awhile i needed to write a new SD Card Image Latest build of Raspbian for the Pi4, and a image of an Emulation project, "Pimiga" i thought maybe my images corrupted durring download as balena Etcher, and dotNet Disk Imager, both Fail to open the drive for...
  7. Latest Update caused BSOD

Latest Update caused BSOD: So last night my PC updated to i presume OS Build 19041.1110. Since the update i only get Black Screen of death with visible mouse cursor. I have rebooted and reset windows to no success. I have rebooted in safe mode and disabled my GPU AMD 460 via device manager which then...
  8. Latest updates causing errors with Older Samsung J3 (2016) phone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest updates causing errors with Older Samsung J3 (2016) phone: I realise my phone is getting a little old, but it serves its purpose for me, and I don't need to update yet! (Coronavirus and having to use QR code apps not suited to my android version to sign into cafes, restaurants and other businesses may change that). I haven't had a...
  9. All files set to read only after latest update and keep reverting

in Windows 10 Support
    All files set to read only after latest update and keep reverting: Hello all I have a frustrating problem after the latest update to windows 10. All my files are now set to read only and whenever I try to change them to non read only they automatically revert to read only. I tried changing my permissions to full control but that did not...
  10. Latest updates causing errors with Older Samsung J3 (2016) phone

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest updates causing errors with Older Samsung J3 (2016) phone: I realise my phone is getting a little old, but it serves its purpose for me, and I don't need to update yet! (Coronavirus and having to use QR code apps not suited to my android version to sign into cafes, restaurants and other businesses may change that). I haven't had a...