Windows 10: How to get more dedicated GPU memory

Discus and support How to get more dedicated GPU memory in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do i get more dedicated GPU memory for my second graphics card on windows 10 i have a nvidia geforce gtx 960m in task manager it says i have 8.9 gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LA117, Jun 3, 2019.

1. LA117 Win User

How to get more dedicated GPU memory

How do i get more dedicated GPU memory for my second graphics card on windows 10 i have a nvidia geforce gtx 960m in task manager it says i have 8.9 gb for gpu memory but it says shared gpu memory 4.9 and dedicated GPU memory is 4.0 i can only use the 4.0 and i want to know how to Dedicate more GPU memory.

:)

LA117, Jun 3, 2019

2. dedicated video memory

Hi,

A dedicated, or discrete, GPU has its own independent source of video memory, leaving the RAM your system uses untouched. To increase the dedicated video memory, we recommend to follow the steps on this
    thread provided by
    Guru Kiran G.

Let us know the status of the issue in this regards. Your reply is important to assist you better.

Marvelos Reg, Jun 3, 2019
  3. dedicated video memory

That is your pagefile, that is not for increasing video dedicated memory. As the pagefile may help if he runs low on memory, which is about a 1% chance.

Maybe the visual effect, you can select for adjust for best performance or best appearance but that's it and increase the pagefile, and as I said his physical and pagefile is already plenty.

How this was marked as answered in other post is funny.

seahawks65, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

About GPU dedicating.

Hello
    웅황,

The feature that you're looking for in Windows 10 is not available. I suggest that you check with your graphics manufacturer if forcing an app/game to use a dedicated GPU to each task is available with their software.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Carlo Fer, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

1. How to get more dedicated GPU memory - Similar Threads - more dedicated GPU

2. How to change the location of a dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the location of a dedicated GPU: So a little while ago I got a laptop with an NVidia rtx 3060 as a dedicated/discrete gpu and an Intel Iris Xe GPU and integrated graphics. Originally, my laptop’s monitor monitor 1 was connected to the 3060 and the Intel graphics weren’t being used. I had another monitor...
  3. How to change the location of a dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the location of a dedicated GPU: So a little while ago I got a laptop with an NVidia rtx 3060 as a dedicated/discrete gpu and an Intel Iris Xe GPU and integrated graphics. Originally, my laptop’s monitor monitor 1 was connected to the 3060 and the Intel graphics weren’t being used. I had another monitor...
  4. dedicated gpu memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dedicated gpu memory: The task manager column "gpu dedicated memory" is this number 37,699,796K, how to convert this number into GB Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dedicated-gpu-memory/06835093-b6d2-48e5-9f4f-d1d18d34cbc1
  5. dedicated gpu memory

dedicated gpu memory: The task manager column "gpu dedicated memory" is this number 37,699,796K, how to convert this number into GB Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dedicated-gpu-memory/06835093-b6d2-48e5-9f4f-d1d18d34cbc1
  6. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?: Is it possible?Here is my Gpu intergrated:In task manager:I need help with this because my laptop is trash and my parents aren't willing to buy me a better one : My dad claims that my laptop is powerful even though it's a low-end laptop.Are there any solutions?Thanks to...
  7. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?: Is it possible?Here is my Gpu intergrated:In task manager:I need help with this because my laptop is trash and my parents aren't willing to buy me a better one : My dad claims that my laptop is powerful even though it's a low-end laptop.Are there any solutions?Thanks to...
  8. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Minecraft on dedicated GPU?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minecraft on dedicated GPU?: Hello everyone. I recently installed TLauncher - cracked Minecraft (Java edition). But I want to play it on dedicated gpu. I tried so many things but nothing changed. Mine integrated gpu is "overclocked" to 200mhz so the performance for gaming is shitty. I want to play it on...
  10. Outlook Dedicated GPU memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Dedicated GPU memory: Hello, Having some weird hangs issues while using 3dsmax and photoshop I start to look at Task Manager for cpu and gpu usage and found out that outlook is using a huge amount of gpu memory, I don't know if this is always been like this but I don't see how outlook would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to dedicate more gpu memory usage for spesific software

2. dedicated GPU GPU memory add