Windows 10: How to get more detailed information about wireless networks around me?

Discus and support How to get more detailed information about wireless networks around me? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to know more information about the local wifi networks around me, such as the type of wireless protocol (N,G, B) or speed (2.4Ghz, 5gh)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Martin Solis (APEX, Nov 5, 2019.

1. How to get more detailed information about wireless networks around me?

I would like to know more information about the local wifi networks around me, such as the type of wireless protocol (N,G, B) or speed (2.4Ghz, 5gh) before I connect to the router.

All that I can currently do is connect to it. Any built in way for me to do this?

:)

Martin Solis (APEX, Nov 5, 2019
  2. brummyfan Win User

Wireless network issue

Right click start button(far left in task bar), go to Device manager, expand Network Adapters, right click Wi-Fi select Properties and find the version of your driver in Drivers tab.

How to get more detailed information about wireless networks around me? [​IMG]

brummyfan, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Unable to display list of wireless networks.

Hi Richard,

Wireless networks could be set as a private network and that could be a possible reason why you are experiencing issues with viewing some wireless networks within your area. For us to provide better assistance, we would need to know if you are trying to
    connect to a public wireless network.

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest performing network reset. Follow these steps to do so:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Under Status, look for Network troubleshooter and then click on Network reset.
    • Restart your computer once the process completed.

If the same issue persists, you can follow the steps provided on this
    link
    . It provides information and steps on how to address network connection issues in Windows 10.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

How to get more detailed information about wireless networks around me?

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, How to get more detailed information about wireless networks around me? :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

How to get more detailed information about wireless networks around me?

1. How to get more detailed information about wireless networks around me? - Similar Threads - more detailed information

2. Why my windows 7 can't find wireless networks around me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my windows 7 can't find wireless networks around me: Hello please my Dell laptop windows 7 can't find the wifi s and the mobile hotspots around me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-windows-7-cant-find-wireless-networks/532f147e-d8e0-4d1e-8d81-d3d518908284
  3. How to get detail about "Unable to connect to this network" on WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get detail about "Unable to connect to this network" on WiFi: I have a computer which, on trying to connect to my home WiFi router, always just get the message "Unable to connect to this network".Please do NOT tell me to reboot the WiFi router. It has nothing to do with that. My other devices are connected without error.My question is:...
  4. How to get detail about "Unable to connect to this network" on WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get detail about "Unable to connect to this network" on WiFi: I have a computer which, on trying to connect to my home WiFi router, always just get the message "Unable to connect to this network".Please do NOT tell me to reboot the WiFi router. It has nothing to do with that. My other devices are connected without error.My question is:...
  5. How to get detail about "Unable to connect to this network" on WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Cannot see own wireless network but can see others around me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see own wireless network but can see others around me: Hi all,Seemingly after last Windows update though I'm not sure I cannot see my own wireless network on my home laptop. I can see all the networks of my neighbors, but not my own. I can see it and connect to my wireless network with my Work laptop. My partner can see it and...
  7. So this Happened To Me (more details in comments)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So this Happened To Me (more details in comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Oneshotkill_2000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jsbq1c/so_this_happened_to_me_more_details_in_comments/
  8. Is there a way to get around this? (Details in comment section)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to get around this? (Details in comment section): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Zayzay8008 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fahf6p/is_there_a_way_to_get_around_this_details_in/
  9. How do I add more information to my details pane?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add more information to my details pane?: I have windows 10 and I have movie files on my computer and I want to organize them a bit better. I use mp3tag to change my cover art and then I use re name my tv series to rename the files. I have a lot of anime series on my computer currently and I want go also try and...
  10. Get More Information about Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Get More Information about Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10: How to: Get More Information about Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10 How to Get More Information about a Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images...