Windows 10: How to get more from Windows Defender by using its command-line tool

Discus and support How to get more from Windows Defender by using its command-line tool in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender's command-line utility lets you automate basic tasks and handle certain advanced operations. Here's a look at how to use the tool and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Borg 386, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Borg 386 Win User

How to get more from Windows Defender by using its command-line tool

Borg 386, Nov 27, 2016
  2. Trybird Win User

Task Scheduler

Again, totally agree with you.

How to get more from Windows Defender by using its command-line tool :)

"MpIdleTask" is old, "Windows Defender Scheduled Scan" is new.

Either using the graphical tool "taskschd.msc" or using the command line tool "schtasks", the effect is same.

Trybird, Nov 27, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Command-line sxstrace.exe.tool

I use Windows 10 and I 'm trying to install " Samsung Smart Switch for Windows " . The message I am getting: "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line
    sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. How can I do ? please help me.

Manh CuongDuong, Nov 27, 2016
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Interesting. For those of us old geeks. *Cool

eLPuSHeR, Nov 29, 2016
Thema:

1. How to get more from Windows Defender by using its command-line tool - Similar Threads - more Defender using

2. REAgentC.exe tool & its /setreimage command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REAgentC.exe tool & its /setreimage command: Hello.I'm dealing with a problem regarding Windows RE rescue drive. Although, it can be created, I can not boot from it my problem is described here:...
  3. REAgentC.exe tool & its /setreimage command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REAgentC.exe tool & its /setreimage command: Hello.I'm dealing with a problem regarding Windows RE rescue drive. Although, it can be created, I can not boot from it my problem is described here:...
  4. REAgentC.exe tool & its /setreimage command

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to check NTFS Permissions using Command-line or Free tools

in Windows 10 News
    How to check NTFS Permissions using Command-line or Free tools: [IMG]In Windows 11/10, you can view NTFS permissions in different ways. Many third-party tools or software are available that will help you check NTFS permissions on your Windows computer. In addition to this, you can also use the command line tool. In this article, we will...
  6. "Verify" command line tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Verify" command line tool: Greetings,Does the verify tool only verify files that I copy, or system files as well?There isn't a subforum for the command line. I chose the "Files, folders, and storage" topic, but if there is a more suitable topic let me know.Thanks,Shane....
  7. "Verify" command line tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Verify" command line tool: Greetings,Does the verify tool only verify files that I copy, or system files as well?There isn't a subforum for the command line. I chose the "Files, folders, and storage" topic, but if there is a more suitable topic let me know.Thanks,Shane....
  8. "Verify" command line tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. How to get Windows Media Player Technical Support Information using command-line tools?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get Windows Media Player Technical Support Information using command-line tools?: Dear all, When we click on the link "Technical Support Information" in Windows Media Player WMP under "Help/About Windows Media Player", WMP builds an HTML page file:///C:/Users/XYZ/AppData/Local/Temp/wmpsupport.htm and opens it in the default browser. Is it possible to...
  10. Windows Terminal Features – New command line tool from Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Terminal Features – New command line tool from Microsoft: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has announced Windows Terminal, a new modern and fast tool for users of Command Prompt, PowerShell, and WSL. The new Windows Terminal will be available on Microsoft Store and will be updated regularly to suit your needs. In other [...] This post...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get more from windows defender using its command line tool