Windows 10: How to get more options in microphone format settings?

Discus and support How to get more options in microphone format settings? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I recently got a P47 wireless headset with mic but when I recorded using the mic, the audio was so bad. So then I located to system > sound and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by {Muhammad Aayan}, Feb 5, 2023.

1. How to get more options in microphone format settings?

So I recently got a P47 wireless headset with mic but when I recorded using the mic, the audio was so bad. So then I located to system > sound and then my microphones properties then in the input settings I saw that in the format tab the only option it had was "1 channels, 16bit, 16000 Hz Tape Recorder Quality". And I think that is the problem with my mic. So please show me a way to get more options in the format tab or if that could not be possible then please show me a way to get good quality audio. More info:~I am using windows 11.~The mic works great on other devices.~Screenshot

:)

{Muhammad Aayan}, Feb 5, 2023

2. setting up microphone for speech recognition

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are trying to setup speech recognition on the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • When you say that “the box is grey and unresponsive”, where you are seeing this option?
    • Are you able to connect the microphone to the PC? (Does it show in Device Manager)

Meanwhile we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to setup the microphone.

Steps to set up a microphone: Before you set up Speech Recognition, make sure you've plugged the microphone into your PC so the following steps work.

1. Press Windows + Q or click on the Windows Search.
    2. Enter Set up a microphone in the search box, and then tap or click
      Set up a microphone.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    4. Once you are able to setup the microphone and then check if it’s working.

You may also refer this article for additional help: Use voice recognition
    in Windows 10

If you are facing issues configuring microphone on your computer, I would suggest you to refer:

Fix microphone problems

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 5, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 5, 2023
  4. How to get more options in microphone format settings?

Unable to use and set up microphone on Windows 10

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will help you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, did you check if the option to use microphone is enabled in the system
    Settings page?

You may be facing the above issue due to disabling the option to use microphone on your PC. If the option to use microphone is switched to
    Off status, your microphone will not be getting detected and eventually will not be able to complete the wizard to set it up on your PC.

Method 1: Follow the steps below to check if the option to use microphone is enabled on your PC.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Microphone privacy settings and select the top most search result.

• Check if Let apps use my microphone option is switched to
      On status. If not, slide the bar to On status and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      troubleshooter and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.

• Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

• Close the window after troubleshooting is completed and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

How to get more options in microphone format settings?

1. How to get more options in microphone format settings? - Similar Threads - more options microphone

2. How to get more options in microphone format settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get more options in microphone format settings?: So I recently got a P47 wireless headset with mic but when I recorded using the mic, the audio was so bad. So then I located to system > sound and then my microphones properties then in the input settings I saw that in the format tab the only option it had was "1 channels,...
  3. Cant access settings, power options, and more

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant access settings, power options, and more: So you all know how this one goes. I cant access my windows icon button to get to settings, cant open settings, cant shut it down without the x+windows button trick, and I cannot login once my screen has defaulted to the logon screen. Before you suggest it: I've tried it. 5...
  4. How to get more system restore option?

How to get more system restore option?: I mentioned yesterday regarding an issue im having with audio after windows 10 2004 version update posted here https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6aq0q/windows_10_update_version_2004_caused_volume_to/ so i decided to try and system restore to undo that update. but...
  5. Does anyone know how to get the Microphone Boost option in the level settings?

Does anyone know how to get the Microphone Boost option in the level settings?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/dr8oviivcle51.png?width=404&format=png&auto=webp&s=349cd2a0f5ce4a90f37ff55d964a9993b05898b8 submitted by /u/rocque00 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2c3ln/does_anyone_know_how_to_get_the_microphone_boost/
  6. Microphone default format?

Microphone default format?: Not sure if I'm in the right sub for this but it is a Windows setting In my mic sound settings (Blue Snowball iCE microphone), default format is set to 16 bit, 44100hz (CD quality). It can go up to 16bit 48k hz DVD quality, is there any reason why I shouldn't change the...
  7. Microphone Default Format.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Default Format.: I have an Asus X540LA Laptop, with Realtek HD Audio Manager. The Microphone device is known as "Realtek High Definition Audio". When I go to Realtek HD Audio Manager -> Microphone -> Default Format, I get only two options that are 1. 16 Bits, 44100 Hz CD Quality 2. 16...
  8. How can I get more options on the tooltips hover?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get more options on the tooltips hover?: Hello! My other computer when I hover over a document, the tooltips window pops up and it shows the document dimensions as well as ICC profiles. How can I get that option on my current computer? Thanks! - Becca...
  9. More Advanced Options For Desktop Slideshow Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    More Advanced Options For Desktop Slideshow Settings: Hello, So I have my Desktop Background to change using the Slideshow option. (Settings > Personalization > Background) I am aware of a certain advanced setting that lets you modify the interval of time until the Desktop Background image changes (I went to the Registry and...
  10. More Advanced Options For Desktop Slideshow Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    More Advanced Options For Desktop Slideshow Settings: Hello, So I have my Desktop Background to change using the Slideshow option. (Settings > Personalization > Background) I am aware of a certain advanced setting that lets you modify the interval of time until the Desktop Background image changes (I went to the Registry and...