Windows 10: How to get Movie Maker to open in the Home tab ?

Discus and support How to get Movie Maker to open in the Home tab ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It used to be that Movie Maker would open in the Home tab; that is no longer the case. How can I restore that situation ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JosephPHILIPPA, Apr 27, 2022.

1. How to get Movie Maker to open in the Home tab ?

It used to be that Movie Maker would open in the Home tab; that is no longer the case. How can I restore that situation ?

:)

JosephPHILIPPA, Apr 27, 2022
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows Movie Maker

Hi,

To get a better grasp of your Windows Movie Maker's issue, kindly provide the following:

• The version of your Windows Movie Maker.
    • Troubleshooting steps already provided.
    In the meantime, if you have purchased or downloaded the said app from our Windows Store, I suggest that you try and run our troubleshooter by clicking this
    link.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Apr 27, 2022
  3. Movie Maker not opening

To address you concern, please check if you have the latest Movie Maker version and that your PC meets the minimum system requirements.
    If you're using the latest Movie Maker version and PC meets the system requirements but issue persists, check if you have the latest video driver installed.

To check the video card manufacturer and driver installed on your PC, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key, then type in dxdiag.
    • Select dxdiag to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
    • If you get a message asking to check if your drivers are digitally signed, select
      Yes.
    • In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, the name of the your video card and manufacturer appears on the
      Display tab in the Device group. The driver version you have installed appears in the
      Drivers group. Compare these with the info provided by the manufacturer’s website. If a newer driver is available, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to install it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Apr 27, 2022
  4. How to get Movie Maker to open in the Home tab ?

movie maker

Hi Dave,

My name is Douglas and I am an Independent Advisor. I would like to help you. Let's try the following suggestions, please:

Open Windows Movie Maker on your PC. Add desired files and after editing of files are done, click Go to "File">"Open project" to import your Windows Movie Maker project files. Then, drag one of files to Storyboard, and at last, click “Save movie” tab and select
    “For computer” option. You'll find the file can be saved in WMV format.

Note: This option is not available on Windows 8 or 10 version of the OS as it does not have Windows Movie Maker installed.

save files on Windows Movie Maker

Step 2: If WMV files are already present on your PC, you can directly open Windows DVD Maker to burn files to disc. From the main interface, click “Choose photos and videos” and then hit “Add items” to add the files that you want to burn. The bottom panel will
    show the available time on DVD disc, and will also allow you to change its title. In order to change DVD parameter settings like aspect ratio, burner speed, and others click “Options”. Hit “Next” to proceed.

add files to Windows DVD Maker and set the parameters

Step 3: Select the DVD menu style. The menu can be customized and its text can also be changed. To see the changes, click the “Preview” button.

select DVD menu in Windows DVD Maker

Step 4: Finally hit “Burn” to start burning Windows Movie Maker files to DVD.

Burn Windows Movie Maker to DVD

So now if someone asks - can you burn a DVD from Windows Movie Maker? You now not only know the answer but also the process.

Let me know, please. kinds Regards

DouglasMillar69, Apr 27, 2022
Thema:

How to get Movie Maker to open in the Home tab ?

1. How to get Movie Maker to open in the Home tab ? - Similar Threads - Movie Maker open

2. How to open a windows movie maker file without windows movie maker software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open a windows movie maker file without windows movie maker software: I have some window movie maker files .wmv from around 2000. They are interviews of my Dad who has since deceased. I have a Dell laptop from 2019, a macbook air from 2022 and an Imac from 2011. What do I need to do to be able to view the .wmv files? Thanks for your help!...
  3. How to open a windows movie maker file without windows movie maker software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open a windows movie maker file without windows movie maker software: I have some window movie maker files .wmv from around 2000. They are interviews of my Dad who has since deceased. I have a Dell laptop from 2019, a macbook air from 2022 and an Imac from 2011. What do I need to do to be able to view the .wmv files? Thanks for your help!...
  4. How to get Movie Maker to open in the Home tab ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Movie Maker to open in the Home tab ?: It used to be that Movie Maker would open in the Home tab; that is no longer the case. How can I restore that situation ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-movie-maker-to-open-in-the-home-tab/66443255-c3f0-4d93-b197-79615c2d91cf
  5. How to get Movie Maker to open in the Home tab ?

How to get Movie Maker to open in the Home tab ?: It used to be that Movie Maker would open in the Home tab; that is no longer the case. How can I restore that situation ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-movie-maker-to-open-in-the-home-tab/66443255-c3f0-4d93-b197-79615c2d91cf
  6. Movie Maker:

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Movie Maker:: For some reason all my pictures are showing up in a screwed up style where half the picture is vertical and the other half is horizontal. I don't know how I managed to do this. I don't make movies, just take pictures and can't figure out how to get rid of Movie Maker and get...
  7. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Movie Maker: I have had Movie Maker downloaded to Windows 10 since 10 first came out. Have not been able to transfer movie to a CD with current CD/DVD player in Windows 10 which I guess was Intended. I have seen a CD/DVD Player made by Memorex which is USB compatible. It lets you...
  8. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movie Maker: After upgrades my projects in movie maker can't be completed. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/faec8cd5-5c42-4071-8169-59432369e6a8
  9. How to watch a movie on movie maker?

How to watch a movie on movie maker?: Every time I want to watch a video I made on movie maker or edit it (even if it's already been saved) you only get to see it in windows media player, the other problem is, it doesn't let you watch it. I've looked at everything that can help, (I already know, but also not so...
  10. Movie makers

Movie makers: Since upgrading to windows 10 my Movie Maker 2.6 no longer works. I tried to change the compatibility mode but it is set for Vista and is unchangeable. I is there a "Freeware" (Not free to download but have to purchase) program for making movies. I only use this once in a...