Windows 10: How to get my admin account back

Discus and support How to get my admin account back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 2 user accounts on my laptop - Myname Admin and Myothername user account. Each account has a different image.I use the latter for my everyday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Abstemious, Dec 11, 2015.

1. How to get my admin account back

I have 2 user accounts on my laptop - Myname Admin and Myothername user account. Each account has a different image.I use the latter for my everyday use and the admin account for, as the name indicates, Admin purposes. I also use the two accounts to help avoiding a virus getting to my admin account. I also have 2 hotmail accounts. I do not log on using the microsoft hotmail accounts which I use specifically for hotmail.

This morning I had an email from Microsoft saying that Windows Live Mail was soon going to be discontinued and to use the Windows 10 App.

So I first go to my Admin account and complete the formalities and entering a "computer password" (I think that is what they called it. After a minute or two of consideration I inserted by Admin account password.

I then added my second email to the Mail app and switched to Myothername user account only to find that both accounts have the same image and both user names have changed to one or other email address plus, I don't know which password to use and have to try several before I can actually log on.

How do I get rid of the email accounts and log on to Myname Admin account with its password and image and Myothername user account with its password and image.

Sorry for the long post - but at the moment, I am absolutely fuming with Microsoft about this. I was quite happy with Windows Live Mail and don't need their latest and presumably (???) better Mail App.

Many thanks for your understanding.

PS As I am 70 years old, and not that computer savvy, I need simple instructions. I didn't see a suitable tutorial in Tutorials.

:)

Abstemious, Dec 11, 2015

2. How to back my account from guest to admin???

Hello.... How to get my admin account back :)

my account now is guest how to back it like an admin ??

when i remove any programe they told me to put my email and his password but the choises is just no, I dont have yes, Why ???

pleaaaaaase i need a help!!

I am pleased to guys if you help me.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

jubranmassad, Dec 11, 2015
  3. How to back my account from guest to admin???

The guest account is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I dont know the administrator account but i think is .... *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

i dont know how to go and login my second account.

jubranmassad, Dec 11, 2015
  4. How to get my admin account back

If you go to Control Panel>Accounts you cannot do this.

If you go to PC Settings>Accounts the process is very simple: just follow the on screen instructions.

Abstemious, Dec 11, 2015
Thema:

How to get my admin account back

1. How to get my admin account back - Similar Threads - admin account

2. How do I login into a work or school account as an admin without my 2FA device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I login into a work or school account as an admin without my 2FA device?: Hello,I'm sure this is a standard question. I'm the admin for a tenancy currently not used, so we do not have a subscription attached. I've just got a new phone and found that my 2FA accounts in the Microsoft authenticator were not backed up.I cannot understand how to raise a...
  3. How do I login into a work or school account as an admin without my 2FA device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I login into a work or school account as an admin without my 2FA device?: Hello,I'm sure this is a standard question. I'm the admin for a tenancy currently not used, so we do not have a subscription attached. I've just got a new phone and found that my 2FA accounts in the Microsoft authenticator were not backed up.I cannot understand how to raise a...
  4. My account is an Admin but there are still issues in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account is an Admin but there are still issues in task manager: I am an AdminI believe as shown in the screenshot bellow but some of my apps still dont have "Open file location option" there are a lot of apps i can't find the location of even with Command line,Cant debug certain apps ,memory dump,or even open properties . i have tried a...
  5. My account is an Admin but there are still issues in task manager

My account is an Admin but there are still issues in task manager: I am an AdminI believe as shown in the screenshot bellow but some of my apps still dont have "Open file location option" there are a lot of apps i can't find the location of even with Command line,Cant debug certain apps ,memory dump,or even open properties . i have tried a...
  6. Why won't Quicken Launch on primary admin account?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why won't Quicken Launch on primary admin account?: Unable to launch Quicken on primary admin account. Setup a second admin account and it launches and is functional. Attempts to launch on primary admin account creates a Quicken error message: "Quicken unexpectedly quit the last time it was run".I am operating on Windows 10...
  7. Why won't Quicken Launch on primary admin account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Quicken Launch on primary admin account?: Unable to launch Quicken on primary admin account. Setup a second admin account and it launches and is functional. Attempts to launch on primary admin account creates a Quicken error message: "Quicken unexpectedly quit the last time it was run".I am operating on Windows 10...
  8. Why won't Quicken Launch on primary admin account?

9. Creating a Local admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a Local admin account: I have a personal laptop that I got new mid way through school and during setting up that laptop I used my school's email for the Microsoft account.I am graduating soon and that email will be deactivated. How do I disconnect my school account and setup a new admin account...
  10. Creating a Local admin account

Creating a Local admin account: I have a personal laptop that I got new mid way through school and during setting up that laptop I used my school's email for the Microsoft account.I am graduating soon and that email will be deactivated. How do I disconnect my school account and setup a new admin account...