Windows 10: How to get my "invisble" product key back

Discus and support How to get my "invisble" product key back in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I got my hands on a win 10 pro license 2 years back, now am switching to Linux but keeping Win 10 for games. I have now backed up all the stuff I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sebcol2006, May 23, 2020.

1. How to get my "invisble" product key back

So I got my hands on a win 10 pro license 2 years back, now am switching to Linux but keeping Win 10 for games. I have now backed up all the stuff I require and would like to reinstall Win 10 for other reasons. So my option to do so is to use the Windows Installation Media and use the "Keep Nothing option". But I don't really trust the product key bound to hardware and account way so I was gonna try to get the Product key, I have tried ProduKey and the classical vbs script. But they both turn errors and that the values are either missing or blank. So I wanted to know is there any way to fix this issue?

:)

sebcol2006, May 23, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, May 23, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, May 23, 2020
  4. How to get my "invisble" product key back

i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, May 23, 2020
Thema:

How to get my "invisble" product key back

1. How to get my "invisble" product key back - Similar Threads - invisble product key

2. How do i get my original product key back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get my original product key back: Apparently you can buy cheaper product keys that work for like 20 dollars instead of the joke of 380au dollars, so i tried putting the key in and it's not working. "you don't have a valid digital licence or product key" I was trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to pro, and...
  3. How do i get my original product key back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get my original product key back: Apparently you can buy cheaper product keys that work for like 20 dollars instead of the joke of 380au dollars, so i tried putting the key in and it's not working. "you don't have a valid digital licence or product key" I was trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to pro, and...
  4. How to get my product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my product key: How to get my product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-my-product-key/d7e858cd-157e-46bf-82f9-05dfa5397630
  5. How to get my product key

How to get my product key: How to get my product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-my-product-key/d7e858cd-157e-46bf-82f9-05dfa5397630
  6. How to get my product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. how to get my old windows 10 product key back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get my old windows 10 product key back: recently i upgraded my laptop from an hdd to an ssd and i want my windows 10 product key back from my old hdd to put in my ssd so how do i get a new windows 10 install while having an OEM windows 10 my dad installed it for me but I'd rather stay with unactivated windows...
  8. How to get Windows 10 product key back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Windows 10 product key back.: Recently my old HP laptop's HDD died and I was looking for a replacement. I found one exactly the same which was in use in my desktop but 500GB instead of 250GB. Just to make sure it fit I pugged mine into the laptop to make sure it fit and connected correctly. When I put my...
  9. How to get Windows 10 product key back.

How to get Windows 10 product key back.: Recently my old HP laptop's HDD died and I was looking for a replacement. I found one exactly the same which was in use in my desktop but 500GB instead of 250GB. Just to make sure it fit I pugged mine into the laptop to make sure it fit and connected correctly. When I put my...
  10. How to get Windows 10 product key back.

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wmic product get name invisble