Windows 10: How to get my "invisble" product key back

Discus and support How to get my "invisble" product key back in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I got my hands on a win 10 pro license 2 years back, now am switching to Linux but keeping Win 10 for games. I have now backed up all the stuff I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sebcol2006, May 23, 2020.

1. How to get my "invisble" product key back

So I got my hands on a win 10 pro license 2 years back, now am switching to Linux but keeping Win 10 for games. I have now backed up all the stuff I require and would like to reinstall Win 10 for other reasons. So my option to do so is to use the Windows Installation Media and use the "Keep Nothing option". But I don't really trust the product key bound to hardware and account way so I was gonna try to get the Product key, I have tried ProduKey and the classical vbs script. But they both turn errors and that the values are either missing or blank. So I wanted to know is there any way to fix this issue?

:)

sebcol2006, May 23, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, May 23, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, May 23, 2020
  4. How to get my "invisble" product key back

i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, May 23, 2020
Thema:

How to get my "invisble" product key back

1. How to get my "invisble" product key back - Similar Threads - invisble product key

2. how do i get my product key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get my product key?: I am having trouble getting my product key, I tried trouble shooting but all to no avail.... I would really appreciate your help, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-product-key/ef9046d1-e062-4ab9-97c8-7f8ed6970e16
  3. How to Verify My Product Key ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Verify My Product Key ?: How I verify my Product key to confirm that I am legal or illegal User for using this window 10 according to the licence policy of Microsoft . ? Kindly Please Define In simple word and easy way . Thanks To Microsoft Community ....
  4. How to get product key

How to get product key: I bought hp notebook in store with original windows 10. Unfortunately my hard drive stop working and I instaled ssd. Now I want to instal windows 10 but I don’t have product key because I didn’t get instalation disk in store, I got just win 10 already instaled on hp. how...
  5. How to retrieve my product key?

How to retrieve my product key?: How do I retrieve my windows 10 home product key after upgrading to windows 10 pro using the default key to upgrade to pro?? I just lost my oem product key that I buy from a manufacturer. Please help me.. Thank you in advance!...
  6. getting my product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    getting my product key: I would like to do a fresh install on my laptop but my COA has become unreadable is there any other way to get my product key so I can do a fresh install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-my-product-key/944f2516-befc-48c8-83ab-89bcedea1c5f
  7. how to get a windows 10 product key

how to get a windows 10 product key: hi, i have bought a new laptop just a few months ago it came with a windows10 disc and i unfortunaly lost it so now i have to activate windows and i can't because i don't have a product key. also when i go into the windows store an error pops up saying that i can't buy this...
  8. How To Get my Keys Back on my System ?

How To Get my Keys Back on my System ?: Hello Communities, Five Days Before my laptop was stolen. I got it Back from police station. After I got my laptop, When I open my system its totally formatted and all new things there with corrupted keys. Note - I have the Microsoft where it showing This...
  9. how to know my product key?

how to know my product key?: i want to know my product key[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-my-product-key/c854e771-2cb2-40a8-a076-f615e8a6568d"
  10. Getting a product key

Getting a product key: Will I have to buy a copy of windows 10 to get a product key if I used the media creation tool to put windows 10 on a new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-a-product-key/34782f16-b11d-448e-8e90-3c7ae583b8d8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wmic product get name invisble