Windows 10: how to get my old windows 10 key

Discus and support how to get my old windows 10 key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought my laptop around 2015 with Windows 8.1 preinstalled.. IIRC around 2015 or 2016 there is a free upgrade to Windows 10, and i manage to grab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by yoDaryll, Mar 18, 2020.

1. yoDaryll Win User

how to get my old windows 10 key

I bought my laptop around 2015 with Windows 8.1 preinstalled..
    IIRC around 2015 or 2016 there is a free upgrade to Windows 10, and i manage to grab one.
    Fast forward laptop been stored and got i back just recently. Had it fix and it was changed to some pirated Windows 10 and cant activate the window.

Is there a way for me to have original win10 install or to find the old product key?
    if possible i need a guide in doing those and reinstall windows 10 in this laptop.

:)

yoDaryll, Mar 18, 2020

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. how to get my old windows 10 key - Similar Threads - old key

2. Cannot find bitlocker recovery key to my old laptop in my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot find bitlocker recovery key to my old laptop in my account: Hi there, About a year ago, my old laptop died and only recently, I decided to recover my information. At the service center, they managed to retrieve my SSD drive and connect it to a new laptop. However, to access the files, they require the BitLocker recovery key. I...
  3. Cannot find bitlocker recovery key to my old laptop in my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find bitlocker recovery key to my old laptop in my account: Hi there, About a year ago, my old laptop died and only recently, I decided to recover my information. At the service center, they managed to retrieve my SSD drive and connect it to a new laptop. However, to access the files, they require the BitLocker recovery key. I...
  4. Cannot find bitlocker recovery key to my old laptop in my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OLD BITLOCKER KEY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OLD BITLOCKER KEY: I have disabled my bitlocker on Windows 10 Home, but I had one of the two SSD's out of the computer. So, when I have put it on place, it asked for the password, and there is not this key on Microsoft Account.Is there a way to recover old bitlocker keys on Microsoft...
  6. OLD BITLOCKER KEY

OLD BITLOCKER KEY: I have disabled my bitlocker on Windows 10 Home, but I had one of the two SSD's out of the computer. So, when I have put it on place, it asked for the password, and there is not this key on Microsoft Account.Is there a way to recover old bitlocker keys on Microsoft...
  7. OLD BITLOCKER KEY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Can I Transfer Window 10 Product Key Linked To Old Microsoft Account To New Account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I Transfer Window 10 Product Key Linked To Old Microsoft Account To New Account?: Hello Everyone, I Recently Purchase Lenovo Laptop Which Was Running On Window 10 Enterprise. Then I Linked My Microsoft Account To It, And My Window Is Activated With Key Linked To My Microsoft Account But Unfortunately I Forgot the Password Of My Microsoft Account And I...
  9. Can I Transfer Window 10 Product Key Linked To Old Microsoft Account To New Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I Transfer Window 10 Product Key Linked To Old Microsoft Account To New Account?: Hello Everyone, I Recently Purchase Lenovo Laptop Which Was Running On Window 10 Enterprise. Then I Linked My Microsoft Account To It, And My Window Is Activated With Key Linked To My Microsoft Account But Unfortunately I Forgot the Password Of My Microsoft Account And I...
  10. Can I Transfer Window 10 Product Key Linked To Old Microsoft Account To New Account?