Windows 10: How to get my original license back

Discus and support How to get my original license back in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, three months back i had issues with my laptop, took it to someone that repaired it and he changed the ssd, the laptop worked fine until yesterday i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AlejandraRojas2, Jul 13, 2020.

1. How to get my original license back

Hi, three months back i had issues with my laptop, took it to someone that repaired it and he changed the ssd, the laptop worked fine until yesterday i got the message "your windows license will expire soon", somehow i checked time left and it says 29 days, but when i bought the laptop it had a license and i told the guy that fixed it to keep my original windows and it worked fine so i dont know iwhat to do know or how to install my previous windows, please help.

:)

AlejandraRojas2, Jul 13, 2020

2. how do i get back to my original user

how do i get back to my original user

JBAustin10, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Origin will not load

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Which was the update that was installed prior to this issue?
    2. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer
      See which version of Windows 10 you have).
    3. Do you get any error message while launching the Origin application?
    4. What was the error message that you got while reinstalling the Origin application?
    5. Are you facing this issue with any other applications?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to launch Origin application.

1. Follow the steps mentioned in Uninstalling Origin Application
      and completely uninstall Origin from your computer.
    2. Then, put your computer in a Clean Boot State
      and delete the folders from the following locations.

• Note: A Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Your computer may temporarily lose
      some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

• C:\ProgramData\Origin\
    • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Origin\
    • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Origin\
    • C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License\

1. Then, Download Origin and install it with the computer being in a Clean Boot
      State.
    2. Then, place the computer to normal boot by going to
      Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
      section in the Clean Boot link and check if you are able to launch the Origin application.

Write to us with the updated results and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

How to get my original license back

how to get back my Window 10 Home

Hi,

Your computer system seems to be recognizing the new product key instead of the original one. Do you keep a copy of your original Windows 10 Home product key?

If you have a copy of your original product key, you can add it back and replace the current one to reactivate Windows 10 Home on your computer. Here's how:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Choose Update & security.
    • Go to Activation.
    • Click on Change product key.
    • Enter the original Windows 10 Home product key.

Let us know if you are able to fix the problem after following the steps above.

Come back if you need additional assistance.

Ruz San, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

How to get my original license back

1. How to get my original license back - Similar Threads - original license

2. How can I revert to my original windows license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I revert to my original windows license?: I have accidently changed my product key and now I want to revert back to my original license. It is not accepting my orginal product key.My computer came with Windows 10 installed. is there any solution other than clean reinstall? or I can just factory reset it?Please help...
  3. Transferring Windows 10 license to newly built PC, then upgrade to Windows 11. Original...

Transferring Windows 10 license to newly built PC, then upgrade to Windows 11. Original...: Hi,Long ago I purchased a Windows 7 upgrade license directly from Microsoft, and upgraded a PC. Later I built a new PC and was able to work with Microsoft to transfer the license to the new build. Over time, I was able to upgrade the license to Windows 10. That "new" build...
  4. Transferring Windows 10 license to newly built PC, then upgrade to Windows 11. Original...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows 10 license to newly built PC, then upgrade to Windows 11. Original...: Hi,Long ago I purchased a Windows 7 upgrade license directly from Microsoft, and upgraded a PC. Later I built a new PC and was able to work with Microsoft to transfer the license to the new build. Over time, I was able to upgrade the license to Windows 10. That "new" build...
  5. Transferring Windows 10 license to newly built PC, then upgrade to Windows 11. Original...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I am having WINDOWS 7Pro OA ORIGINAL LICENSE KEY. Can I upgrade to WINDOWS 10 on FREE OF COST.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having WINDOWS 7Pro OA ORIGINAL LICENSE KEY. Can I upgrade to WINDOWS 10 on FREE OF COST.: I am having WINDOWS 7Pro OA ORIGINAL LICENSE KEY. Can I upgrade to WINDOWS 10 on FREE OF COST. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-windows-7pro-oa-original-license-key/e1c8153d-32c9-49ee-acc5-2e3679525cb9
  7. I am having WINDOWS 7Pro OA ORIGINAL LICENSE KEY. Can I upgrade to WINDOWS 10 on FREE OF COST.

I am having WINDOWS 7Pro OA ORIGINAL LICENSE KEY. Can I upgrade to WINDOWS 10 on FREE OF COST.: I am having WINDOWS 7Pro OA ORIGINAL LICENSE KEY. Can I upgrade to WINDOWS 10 on FREE OF COST. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-windows-7pro-oa-original-license-key/e1c8153d-32c9-49ee-acc5-2e3679525cb9
  8. Is there any way to bring back my original license inbuilt with my laptop?

Is there any way to bring back my original license inbuilt with my laptop?: my laptop has inbuild windows 11 home, but the shop owner has installed windows 10 pro on my laptop using some cracked software. what shoulf i do? should i continue using the cracked software or is there anyway to bring back my original licence. When i click on activation...
  9. Is there any way to bring back my original license inbuilt with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to bring back my original license inbuilt with my laptop?: my laptop has inbuild windows 11 home, but the shop owner has installed windows 10 pro on my laptop using some cracked software. what shoulf i do? should i continue using the cracked software or is there anyway to bring back my original licence. When i click on activation...
  10. Is there any way to bring back my original license inbuilt with my laptop?