Windows 10: How to get my own City, Weather, etcetera on my Lock Screen on my Windows 10 PC

Discus and support How to get my own City, Weather, etcetera on my Lock Screen on my Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ever since HP This is an HP Laptop with Pre-Installed Windows 10 helped me with a Media Stick USB Flashdrive to do a Windows 10 System Recovery, it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BARRY G.VARGUS Sr., Apr 9, 2020.

1. How to get my own City, Weather, etcetera on my Lock Screen on my Windows 10 PC

Ever since HP This is an HP Laptop with Pre-Installed Windows 10 helped me with a Media Stick USB Flashdrive to do a Windows 10 System Recovery, it has cleared up some problems but gave me several more different problems with my HP Laptop. After supposedly fixing Windows 10 1 who ever heard of the Predictive Typing Not Working? It's such a simple setting in Settings. 2 Also, the HP Support Assistant going from not working not opening to having 2 Two HP Support Assistants. 3 Then the Phone Companion app & Your Phone app one each on the PC & the mobile phone so the PC & the phone can sort of talk with each other or a better way to put it allows the PC to do phone apps & vice-versa like I can or should I have said could've before Texted someone from my HP Windows 10 Laptop via a much bigger keyboard & screen than just using the phone. That was my favorite. Then seeing the last 2,000 pictures on my PC taken from my Mobile Phones Camera. Notifications from my phone would come up on my PC screen via the Phone app instead of having to reach for my phone & getting a headache from reading the phone notification on the phone. Well, enough reminiscing sorry!

So, THIS LATEST WINDOWS 10 PC PROBLEM is when my "Lock Screen" is showing on the PC, it shows Washington, DC for an area Washington DC's weather I.R. Temperature, Sunny, Snowing, or Raining etcetera. WELL, I'm right outside of Boston, MA so besides the United States, Time Zone, Regional Part of my country, everything else being incorrect that is reading out on the lock screen. I've looked at Hundreds of Q & A's in community, support what have you. It's simple enough to fix all that in settings, control panel whatnot but most users cannot fix it just like me. The PC is still less than 1 Yeat Old, and Windows 10 was just "Restored" so besides a bad restore or something that all these problems coming from besides HP being a really bad, terrible corp. is anybody's guess!

Anybody out there has an idea of something I could try for the incorrect information displaying on the lock screen would be great! Respectfully, Barry

:)

BARRY G.VARGUS Sr., Apr 9, 2020

2. Weather in Windows 10 Lock Screen

Hi,

Thank you for updating us. Let me help you.

If you want to add weather app in the lock screen follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn on notifications in PC Settings. (This should be on by default.)

• Open the Settings Charm.
    • Tap or click Change PC settings.
    • Tap or click Notifications.
    • Slide the Show app notifications and Show app notifications on the lock screen switches to On.

Step 2: Add the Weather app to lock screen notifications

• Open the Settings charm.
    • Tap or click Change PC settings.
    • Tap or click Personalize.
    • In the right pane, with the Lock screen tab selected, under Choose apps to run in the background… tap or click one of the “plus” symbols and select Weather.
    Then under Choose an app to display detailed status, tap or click the icon beneath it and select Weather.

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 9, 2020
  3. weather not shown in lock screen

Hi,

You can follow these steps to display the details of Weather in Windows 10 lock screen:

• Click the Windows button (lower-left corner), and select Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
      How to get my own City, Weather, etcetera  on my Lock Screen on my Windows 10 PC 4fd95394-97f6-4a2c-8f42-f33171ebba76.jpg
    • On the left pane, click Lock Screen.
      How to get my own City, Weather, etcetera  on my Lock Screen on my Windows 10 PC 16bdcca7-6423-46a3-b51f-50e236d3ecca.jpg
    • On the Choose an app to show detailed status, make sure to choose
      Weather, so it will be the one to show on the lock screen.
      How to get my own City, Weather, etcetera  on my Lock Screen on my Windows 10 PC 05a9dfe5-67a6-445b-9cc9-70497b125d86.jpg

5. Press Windows button + L to lock your PC, kindly check if the Weather shows in lock screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Sherry Bel, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

How to get my own City, Weather, etcetera on my Lock Screen on my Windows 10 PC

What applet provides the weather info displayed on the lock screen?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the Steps to set your default location and check if that helps.

1. Type Weather on search and click on setting (Gear icon)

2. Select your location and set as default.

Follow the Steps to set Weather app in lock screen.

• Type Lock screen setting in Search.
    • Under Choose an app to show the detailed status.
    • Select Weather; restart your computer

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

How to get my own City, Weather, etcetera on my Lock Screen on my Windows 10 PC

1. How to get my own City, Weather, etcetera on my Lock Screen on my Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - own City Weather

2. How to get my laptop to use its own screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my laptop to use its own screen: I set something on it by acident it pressed a button now my laptop will not use its own screen even when the external screen is unplugged when i turned it off and on again it showed the dell start up then when back and only shows the external moniter...
  3. How to get my laptop to use its own screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get my laptop to use its own screen: I set something on it by acident it pressed a button now my laptop will not use its own screen even when the external screen is unplugged when i turned it off and on again it showed the dell start up then when back and only shows the external moniter...
  4. Weather App on PC shows wrong city

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather App on PC shows wrong city: Today is 4/25/22 and I am in Chicago, IL and the live tile ALWAYS shows the weather for Jacksonville, FL upon startup and continues to do so until I open the weather app. The weather app then shows my correct location of Chicago, IL. Once I close the weather app, then the...
  5. Weather App on PC shows wrong city

Weather App on PC shows wrong city: Today is 4/25/22 and I am in Chicago, IL and the live tile ALWAYS shows the weather for Jacksonville, FL upon startup and continues to do so until I open the weather app. The weather app then shows my correct location of Chicago, IL. Once I close the weather app, then the...
  6. Unable to get Weather on Lock Screen

Unable to get Weather on Lock Screen: I am unable to get weather information on Lock screen.1. Under Personalization > Lock screen > choose which apps show quick status on the lock screen > weather app selected but its greyed out.2. Under settings > System > Notifications & Actions > Show Notifications on the...
  7. i am unable to get the weather app details to show on my windows 10 lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i am unable to get the weather app details to show on my windows 10 lock screen: i have tried to no avail to get my windows weather app to show on my win 10 lock screen. my mail and calendar work fine, but the weather is a no go....
  8. Windows 10, how to change the City and state on the lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10, how to change the City and state on the lock screen: Windows 10, how to change the location on the lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-to-change-the-city-and-state-on-the/bde8be32-02bf-4cb1-b54a-9a8c8b7bf09f
  9. Cities in my weather app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cities in my weather app: I live in Waynesburg, Pa. For years I've had weather bug, weather app with no problemsminor maybe now all of a sudden my weather has me living in Ohio and shows weather for 4 or 5 towns in Ohio, I change the location back to Pa. and get my weather for Waynesburg, go to...
  10. how do i make myself my own administrator on my own pc with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i make myself my own administrator on my own pc with windows 10: how do I make myself administrator on my pc with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-myself-my-own-administrator-on-my/41df3d8e-4ab6-47c2-ab29-c284e356bde5