Windows 10: how to get my SPOTLIGHT pictures to show thumbnail and not icons

Discus and support how to get my SPOTLIGHT pictures to show thumbnail and not icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can not get my "spotlight" pictures to show thumbnails instead of the blue icons that you see in MY PHOTOS app. I have cleared my thumbnail cache,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BruceLague, Sep 1, 2019.

1. how to get my SPOTLIGHT pictures to show thumbnail and not icons

I can not get my "spotlight" pictures to show thumbnails instead of the blue icons that you see in MY PHOTOS app. I have cleared my thumbnail cache, unchecked the box that says " never show thumbnails only Icons, did a disc cleanup, and I still cannot see my pictures only an icon that looks like Mountain Peaks surrounded by a border. Any ideas???

Thanks,

Bruce

:)

BruceLague, Sep 1, 2019

2. Photo thumbnail picture

If you do the suggestion by Cyberdesigner and they still show as icons, check your performance settings and make sure "show thumbnails instead of icons" is checked.

Right click Start, select System -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced tab -> Performance - Settings

how to get my SPOTLIGHT pictures to show thumbnail and not icons [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Sep 1, 2019
  4. how to get my SPOTLIGHT pictures to show thumbnail and not icons

Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

how to get my SPOTLIGHT pictures to show thumbnail and not icons

1. how to get my SPOTLIGHT pictures to show thumbnail and not icons - Similar Threads - SPOTLIGHT pictures show

2. how to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in windows 10: how to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-show-thumbnail-pictures-instead-of-icon-in/5612135c-ccda-4378-8804-5af1c9e2c058
  3. how to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in windows 10: how to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-show-thumbnail-pictures-instead-of-icon-in/5612135c-ccda-4378-8804-5af1c9e2c058
  4. how to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?: Since I installed windows 11 my pictures will not show as thumbnails only as icons. How do I change this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-will-only-show-as-icons-and-not/ef0a406c-e934-456d-9b55-49d7b3473136
  6. pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?: Since I installed windows 11 my pictures will not show as thumbnails only as icons. How do I change this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-will-only-show-as-icons-and-not/ef0a406c-e934-456d-9b55-49d7b3473136
  7. Picture Thumbnails Not Showing

Picture Thumbnails Not Showing: so recently i did a soft reset where i keep apps and files and now it wont show any of my thumbnail previews for pictures, i tried the 4 methods from here:4 Methods to Fix Picture Thumbnails Not Showing on Windows 10 minitool.com and also i see a red x next to most of my...
  8. Picture icon no thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture icon no thumbnails: I am having issues trying to show my thumbnails instead of icons , I have tried every single troubleshoot I could find with no luck , I have a few showing but not alot of them are , can someone please help , Its getting real ridiculous and upsetting...
  9. How to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in Windows 10: Hello after searching for this answer through numerous posts from years back I finally figured out the solution myself. Here it is: How to display you picture thumbnails instead of generic icon picture in Windows 10 OS: 1. Open File Explorer (Manila folder icon at...
  10. How do I picture to be thumbnail and not icons?

How do I picture to be thumbnail and not icons?: How do I get pictures to show as thumbnails rather than icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-picture-to-be-thumbnail-and-not-icons/6b649472-7839-4370-bfb0-d0b47a998e81"