Windows 10: How to get normal calculator back?

Discus and support How to get normal calculator back? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't use touch, I don't have touch, I don't want touch. So why am I locked with a monster big calculator? Is there a way to get the old small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Burgurne, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Burgurne Win User

How to get normal calculator back?

I don't use touch, I don't have touch, I don't want touch. So why am I locked with a monster big calculator?

Is there a way to get the old small calculator back? I have tried to just copy the calc.exe from windows 8.1, but that don't work.

If that can't be done, does anyone know a free small calculator-program?

:)

Burgurne, Jan 30, 2015

2. Calculator not working properly

I used the calculator for conversions and now I cant get back to use normal calculations, Can you please give the answer on how to convert back ??

CeliaGoodland, Jan 30, 2015
  3. Randy_C. Win User
    Windows 10 calculator keeps crashing

I tried to set the Win10 calculator app to date mode just to see how it worked. When I set the date mode calculator crashed and terminated. Now I can not start calculator. When I try to start it I get a window then a repeat of the crashed and terminated
    behavior. How do I reset the operating mode of calculator normal to stop the crashing?

Randy_C., Jan 30, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Microsoft Calculator Plus

Download Microsoft Calculator Plus from Official Microsoft Download Center

How to get normal calculator back? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 30, 2015
  5. Burgurne Win User
    Thank you. That is a nice little calculator.

Burgurne, Jan 30, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Feb 3, 2015
  7. swarfega Win User
    I hadn't noticed the calculator had changed. I quite like it and seems to have more functions than the old one.

swarfega, Feb 3, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Feb 3, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Actually I quite like the new one - and it works well with Touch on an HP envy touch sleekbook - even when running as a VM on a Linux Host. I like also the memory and History at the side too. For a really quick calculator I always use my phone - there's a zillion android calculator apps out there (free) for your phone -- probably a load for iPhone users too -- take your pick.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 4, 2015
  10. elbeasto Win User
    Winaero is awesome, thanks!

Now we need to get rid of 'Settings', every other touch app and bring back Media Centre *Biggrin

elbeasto, Sep 13, 2015
  11. joe7dust Win User
    The calculator used by Windows 10 is the "metro app" version, which means there is a 1-3 second delay from launching it until you can enter anything. Also every couple of weeks or so it will ask you to rate it in the app store... useless trash.

joe7dust, May 26, 2016
  12. elbeasto Win User
    You also can't paste from Excel into the new calc. app.

elbeasto, May 26, 2016
  13. swarfega Win User

Why not submit your idea. It sounds useful.

swarfega, May 26, 2016
  14. swarfega Win User
    I've not been asked to rate it so far and I use it for work on a daily basis.

swarfega, May 26, 2016
  15. joe7dust Win User
    I'm not a fan of the ui on that Calc especially the fact that you can't ever resize it and that in scientific mode it is ridiculously wide, but an ugly ui is better than having to wait for the metro app Calc to load fully and be nagged to give it a rating.

joe7dust, May 26, 2016
Thema:

1. How to get normal calculator back? - Similar Threads - normal calculator

2. BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.: Hello! im getting frequent BSOD in my laptop but nothing in safe mode. Can I rule out the hardware problem thats causing this? Or this is there anyway i can pinpoint the problem more accurately?Since the start of the problem I've already tried the following:- chkdskclear- sfc...
  3. BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.: Hello! im getting frequent BSOD in my laptop but nothing in safe mode. Can I rule out the hardware problem thats causing this? Or this is there anyway i can pinpoint the problem more accurately?Since the start of the problem I've already tried the following:- chkdskclear- sfc...
  4. Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal...: In Windows 11, msconfig was used to set boot to Safemode. The Safemode login screen asks for a password and I only have a PIN. Is there a way to restore the boot configuration so that it will boot to normal mode, which will accept a PIN, in other words, cancel the changes...
  5. Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal...

Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal...: In Windows 11, msconfig was used to set boot to Safemode. The Safemode login screen asks for a password and I only have a PIN. Is there a way to restore the boot configuration so that it will boot to normal mode, which will accept a PIN, in other words, cancel the changes...
  6. Searching in Yahoo when searching in normal Google Chrome, links like ''laxsearch'' can be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching in Yahoo when searching in normal Google Chrome, links like ''laxsearch'' can be...: Hello, when I try to search something on Google Chrome, it directs me to Yahoo automatically and weird links are visible in the searchbar like ''Laxsearch''. I tried to go into my extensions and see if the problems were there and yup, Laxsearch was there as an extension. When...
  7. Searching in Yahoo when searching in normal Google Chrome, links like ''laxsearch'' can be...

Searching in Yahoo when searching in normal Google Chrome, links like ''laxsearch'' can be...: Hello, when I try to search something on Google Chrome, it directs me to Yahoo automatically and weird links are visible in the searchbar like ''Laxsearch''. I tried to go into my extensions and see if the problems were there and yup, Laxsearch was there as an extension. When...
  8. Searching in Yahoo when searching in normal Google Chrome, links like ''laxsearch'' can be...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device: I was installing a game on steam when my download speed dropped from 46 Mbps to 2-4 Mbps. I have scanned for malware, restarted my router, and flushed the DNS. I have also updated my drivers. However, my phone, in the same room, has 200-300 Mbps download and upload speed, and...
  10. Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device

Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device: I was installing a game on steam when my download speed dropped from 46 Mbps to 2-4 Mbps. I have scanned for malware, restarted my router, and flushed the DNS. I have also updated my drivers. However, my phone, in the same room, has 200-300 Mbps download and upload speed, and...