Windows 10: How to get Notepad with Tabs in the stable version of Windows 11

Discus and support How to get Notepad with Tabs in the stable version of Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft introduced Notepad with Tabs in Windows 11 a few days ago. The feature is currently only available in the Developer Channel of the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jan 23, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to get Notepad with Tabs in the stable version of Windows 11

Microsoft introduced Notepad with Tabs in Windows 11 a few days ago. The feature is currently only available in the Developer Channel of the Windows Insider Program, but you don't have to wait for it to come to the stable channel, you can just sideload the new version of the app.

How to get Notepad with Tabs in the stable version of Windows 11 Notepad-with-tabs-windows-11.jpg

Tabs in Notepad can be useful for those who are working on multiple text documents at once, or want to have several files open for referencing them. Please refer to my previous coverage for more details about the options that are available in the new app.

Warning: If you use Notepad on a daily basis for work, studying, I'd recommend not to download the pre-release version, as it may contain bugs. If you really want a text editor with tabs, check some of my recommendations at the end of this article.

1. Go to this web page: https://store.rg-adguard.net/

2. Click on the first drop-down menu on the left, and set it to Product ID.

3. Paste the following in the box. 9MSMLRH6LZF3

Note: This alphanumeric code refers to the URL associated with the Windows Notepad listing on the Microsoft Store.

4. Select the Fast option in the last drop-down menu, and click on the checkbox next to it.

How to get Notepad with Tabs in the stable version of Windows 11 download-notepad-with-tabs-windows-11.jpg

5. Wait for the web page to populate the links, scroll down to the end of the page. The installer is about 11.68 MB in size, and the name of the file that you need to download is,

Microsoft.WindowsNotepad_11.2212.33.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle

How to get Notepad with Tabs in the stable version of Windows 11 tabs-in-notepad-download.jpg

6. When you try to run the file, Windows will prompt you whether you would like to update the current version of Notepad. Click the update button to proceed.

How to get Notepad with Tabs in the stable version of Windows 11 How-to-get-Notepad-with-Tabs-in-the-stable-version-of-Windows-11.jpg

That's it, you now have Notepad with Tabs on Windows 11.

If you try uninstalling Notepad, and redownloading it from the Microsoft Store, Windows may just use the pre-release version. That could be a problem when you try to downgrade to the previous build. The stable version of Windows Notepad is 11.2210.5.0. You can save a copy of its installer from the site linked in step 1. Its file size is roughly 10.6 MB. This version can be used a backup, or if you are experiencing any bugs with the new version, or simply want to revert the change and wait for the official release. Just run the installer, and click on the reinstall button in the pop-up.

How to get Notepad with Tabs in the stable version of Windows 11 How-to-restore-old-version-of-Notepad-in-Windows-11.jpg

Want to try Snipping Tool with the video recording option? You can sideload it in similar fashion to this, here's how to do it.

Notepad with tabs is nice, but it is still a very basic text editor. That's not a bad thing per se, but if you want more features, you may want to take a look at NotePad++, CudaText, etc,. Notepads is in my opinion, the closest alternative, in terms of looks, to the built-in text editor in Windows, but it is still a work-in-progress. You can also opt for VSCodium, which is identical to Microsoft's VSCode but without the telemetry, if you want a polished code editor.

Don't be put off by the laggy File Explorer with Tabs, Notepad's implementation is a lot smoother, likely due to the fact that the entire app was rewritten, while Explorer recycled the old code.

Have you tried Notepad with Tabs?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to get Notepad with Tabs in the stable version of Windows 11 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jan 23, 2023
  2. Carlo TJ Win User

Getting the old version of Notepad on Windows 11

Good Day OlivierD'Anjou,

My name is Carlo, I am also using Windows 11 pc and community member like you.

Here's the steps you can try.

-Right-click on the Start button and select Settings from the menu.

-On the list on the left-hand side, select Apps.

-From the right pane, select Optional features.

-Click on View Features corresponding to Add an Optional feature.

-Search for Notepad from the list and check the box associated with it.

-Click on Next. On the next page, click on Install.

Reboot the system after Notepad has been installed.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

Sincerely,

Carlo T.

Carlo TJ, Jan 23, 2023
  3. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 23, 2023
  4. How to get Notepad with Tabs in the stable version of Windows 11

Updating to the stable version of windows 11.

I'm running a windows 11 enterprise insider preview I have it set to update the toggle switch to update to the stable version is turned on and it says queued for unenrollment however, still not getting the update to the stable version of windows 11 enterprise. Will it soon be available? If, not how do force the update to the stable version of windows 11. I have the download for the iso however, the iso will not let me keep my apps or files. Thanks

sabpeter22, Jan 23, 2023
Thema:

1. How to get Notepad with Tabs in the stable version of Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Notepad Tabs stable

2. Notepad Version with Tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad Version with Tabs: Can anyone download the new Notepad Version with tabs. I seem to have the most current version, i.e. nothing to download on Windows Update. I have 22h2 and the Notepad Version is Windows Notepad 11.2210.5.0. Windows Version is 22H2 22621.1485. I tried the Microsoft Store and...
  3. Notepad Version with Tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad Version with Tabs: Can anyone download the new Notepad Version with tabs. I seem to have the most current version, i.e. nothing to download on Windows Update. I have 22h2 and the Notepad Version is Windows Notepad 11.2210.5.0. Windows Version is 22H2 22621.1485. I tried the Microsoft Store and...
  4. Getting the old version of Notepad on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting the old version of Notepad on Windows 11: Hello, I am a blind user who frequently uses the Notepad application. On my Windows 11 laptop, I’m having difficulty to read the content and Braille. I can hear it with my screen reader, but I can’t read it properly. So, when I want to write code properly, I use my Windows 10...
  5. Getting the old version of Notepad on Windows 11

Getting the old version of Notepad on Windows 11: Hello, I am a blind user who frequently uses the Notepad application. On my Windows 11 laptop, I’m having difficulty to read the content and Braille. I can hear it with my screen reader, but I can’t read it properly. So, when I want to write code properly, I use my Windows 10...
  6. Updating to the stable version of windows 11.

Updating to the stable version of windows 11.: I'm running a windows 11 enterprise insider preview I have it set to update the toggle switch to update to the stable version is turned on and it says queued for unenrollment however, still not getting the update to the stable version of windows 11 enterprise. Will it soon be...
  7. Windows 11 Stable version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Stable version: I think i am currently in beta version of windows 11. i want to change my windows 11 to the public rollout stable version.Can someone please guide me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-stable-version/01098700-344a-40c8-91e8-86b1986d6bfd
  8. Windows 11 Stable version

Windows 11 Stable version: I think i am currently in beta version of windows 11. i want to change my windows 11 to the public rollout stable version.Can someone please guide me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-stable-version/01098700-344a-40c8-91e8-86b1986d6bfd
  9. How to get stable version of windows 11? , currently using windows 11 beta

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get stable version of windows 11? , currently using windows 11 beta: Hello,I'm currently on windows 11 beta version , and already go back option to previous version is not available.I need to know , how I'll be able to get windows 11 stable version, or how can i exit from windows insider program.Please help me out....
  10. How to get stable version of windows 11? , currently using windows 11 beta

How to get stable version of windows 11? , currently using windows 11 beta: Hello,I'm currently on windows 11 beta version , and already go back option to previous version is not available.I need to know , how I'll be able to get windows 11 stable version, or how can i exit from windows insider program.Please help me out....