Windows 10: how to get old search ui on windows 10

Discus and support how to get old search ui on windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; does anyone know how to get the 1809 search ui on modern versions of windows 10? The main difference if you can't tell is that the search ui is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jacob climent, Dec 3, 2022.

1. how to get old search ui on windows 10

does anyone know how to get the 1809 search ui on modern versions of windows 10? The main difference if you can't tell is that the search ui is connected to the side of the screen and there's no rounded corners. so, if anyone knows any registry edits then please let me know:

:)

jacob climent, Dec 3, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 3, 2022
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Dec 3, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

how to get old search ui on windows 10

Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

how to get old search ui on windows 10

1. how to get old search ui on windows 10 - Similar Threads - old search

2. Old Pictures not showing in File Explorer search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Pictures not showing in File Explorer search: So when i use the file explorer search function, sometimes it just doesnt show old pictures and im not sure why. It started doing this a few months ago but before that it worked fine. Any idea how to fix this?...
  3. Old Pictures not showing in File Explorer search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Pictures not showing in File Explorer search: So when i use the file explorer search function, sometimes it just doesnt show old pictures and im not sure why. It started doing this a few months ago but before that it worked fine. Any idea how to fix this?...
  4. Why does the address bar frequently get stuck on displaying old locations and search...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the address bar frequently get stuck on displaying old locations and search...: I use the address bar to navigate in and out of project folders, mostly because I need to drop back multiple nested folders at a time and the standard view with > between allows this. Additionally, the file name includes project number information that I like to be able to...
  5. Why does the address bar frequently get stuck on displaying old locations and search...

Why does the address bar frequently get stuck on displaying old locations and search...: I use the address bar to navigate in and out of project folders, mostly because I need to drop back multiple nested folders at a time and the standard view with > between allows this. Additionally, the file name includes project number information that I like to be able to...
  6. Hey, I'm a 78 year old and don't understand all your tech help. Search does not stay open....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey, I'm a 78 year old and don't understand all your tech help. Search does not stay open....: 11, 365. When I click on SEARCH, it stays up for 1-2 seconds then disappears. I don't understand your automted answers. I am not that computer savvy....
  7. Hey, I'm a 78 year old and don't understand all your tech help. Search does not stay open....

Hey, I'm a 78 year old and don't understand all your tech help. Search does not stay open....: 11, 365. When I click on SEARCH, it stays up for 1-2 seconds then disappears. I don't understand your automted answers. I am not that computer savvy....
  8. Windows search returns only results from old E drive instead of main C drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search returns only results from old E drive instead of main C drive: Just swapped my ssd for an nvme. I cloned the entire contents of the ssd to the nvme, so everything ran exactly the same as it had previously on first start up. The only difference is that now, when I hit windows key and search for a file, all the right results come up, BUT...
  9. Windows 10 search not working after W10 reset, only finding old executables. Reseting...

Windows 10 search not working after W10 reset, only finding old executables. Reseting...: I recently reset Windows 10 while keeping my files.Since the reset, I noticed the search function does not find any installed applications, despite those same apps appearing in the "All apps" list of the Start menu. However, the search seems to find shortcuts/links/whatever...
  10. Windows 10 search not working after W10 reset, only finding old executables. Reseting...

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search not working after W10 reset, only finding old executables. Reseting...: I recently reset Windows 10 while keeping my files.Since the reset, I noticed the search function does not find any installed applications, despite those same apps appearing in the "All apps" list of the Start menu. However, the search seems to find shortcuts/links/whatever...