Windows 10: How to get original windows 10 came pre installed in laptop back on a newly attached SSD

Discus and support How to get original windows 10 came pre installed in laptop back on a newly attached SSD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a laptop which came with a pre-installed windows 10 home. Now, i want to attaach a SSD to my system. So, is it possible to install the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KULDEEPKARGETI, Aug 17, 2021.

1. How to get original windows 10 came pre installed in laptop back on a newly attached SSD

I bought a laptop which came with a pre-installed windows 10 home. Now, i want to attaach a SSD to my system. So, is it possible to install the original windows back in SSD instead of old HDD.

:)

KULDEEPKARGETI, Aug 17, 2021

2. How to put Windows 10 on pre-installed windows 10 laptop upgraded to SSD?

Hello everyone,

I recently got a new laptop (Dell Inspiron 15) that came with pre-installed Windows 10. I have purchased an SSD (Samsung 250 EVO) to replace the HDD. How would I install/activate Windows 10 after I install the SSD? I don't have a windows 10 CD nor license
    key as the laptop came pre-installed with Windows 10? I want to do a fresh install after I input the SSD.

Thank you.

theponyfactor, Aug 17, 2021
  3. Moved to SSD but lose the Pre Installed Original Windows

My Laptop is HP Probook 4540s with pre-installed Windows7 Pro. I upgraded to Win10 for free.

Yesterday I moved to a SSD for better performance. But when I installed Windows 10 on the new SSD, It asking for reactivation.

I don't have thehe product key, because it never asked me for activation windows. I reinstalled several times but nevevr asked. Some says, There is a built in hardware which will automatically active it.

Now I cannot getting my original windows. It downgraded to Win Home!

Please help me!

Regards

Pradip

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup / PC

Pradip Bala, Aug 17, 2021
  4. Archquark Win User

How to get original windows 10 came pre installed in laptop back on a newly attached SSD

Windows 10 Pro clean installation on SSD stops at settings step

I followed steps for installation on SSD with UEFI Everything went well until the first restart after installation files reached 100% When screen came back it was back to original Install now screen.

I had disabled secure boot in firmware as suggested. SSD is the only drive attached at present. Should I attempt a reinstallation or are there other steps I should pursue first.

I am using a retail licensed Windows 10 Pro version installed on USB using Microsoft creation media.

Dell 8700 XPS
    i7 4790 processor at 3.40 Ghz
    16GB memory
    2 TB HDD Windows 8.1 installed presently not connected
    Kingston HyperX 120GB

Archquark, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

How to get original windows 10 came pre installed in laptop back on a newly attached SSD

1. How to get original windows 10 came pre installed in laptop back on a newly attached SSD - Similar Threads - original came pre

2. How to get back pre-installed MS apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back pre-installed MS apps?: My pre-installed Microsoft apps one day stopped working. I once sent my laptop for repair as it got a virus after I got it back, all Microsoft Office apps suddenly stopped, and now they are asking me to "buy" the same products. Please help me get my apps back...
  3. How to get back pre-installed MS apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get back pre-installed MS apps?: My pre-installed Microsoft apps one day stopped working. I once sent my laptop for repair as it got a virus after I got it back, all Microsoft Office apps suddenly stopped, and now they are asking me to "buy" the same products. Please help me get my apps back...
  4. How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?: Hello there,I bought an used ASUS Zenbook pro 15 and it seems that the copy of Windows 10 system on it is not the one that came originally with the laptop. I knew that since I'm trying to install the ScreenPad 2.0 Upgrade Tool and it's keep giving me an error message that...
  5. How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?: Hello there,I bought an used ASUS Zenbook pro 15 and it seems that the copy of Windows 10 system on it is not the one that came originally with the laptop. I knew that since I'm trying to install the ScreenPad 2.0 Upgrade Tool and it's keep giving me an error message that...
  6. How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. how to get back to previous pre-installed windows 10 home single lang that came along with...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to get back to previous pre-installed windows 10 home single lang that came along with...: sir, I bought windows 10 pro activation for a certain period of time, and now it is going to expire. now I want to get back to my pre-installed and activated windows home. I also contacted Asus customer support. They told me to refresh your pc. so CAN I RESET OR REFRESH MY...
  8. Laptop came with pre-installed windows 10 is now asking to activate

Laptop came with pre-installed windows 10 is now asking to activate: I bought my laptop online which had pre-installed genuine windows 10. It worked well for a few months but after that, it started showing "please activate your windows". I realize that I have a digital license and it should be activated automatically but it's not detecting no...
  9. Installing windows X on laptop that originally came with windows 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows X on laptop that originally came with windows 8: Hi, I have a dell xps L322X laptop which came with windows 8. The laptop is too slow now even with SSD installed. Below the laptop is a metal flap saying windows 8 but with no windows key like older laptops. It has a serial number of the hardware. The laptop is now windows x...
  10. How to activate windows 10 that came pre installed on pc

How to activate windows 10 that came pre installed on pc: Good day, I have been trying to activate windows 10 after getting a water mark that says activate windows, however, when i try i keep getting an error, I have read ohow to go about activating windows but none of what I have read has worked for me. I keep getting the same...