Windows 10: How to get past challenge phrase?

Discus and support How to get past challenge phrase? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; in Windows 10. How to get past "You've entered an incorrect pin several times. To try again enter A1B2C3". I have no idea what the challenge phrase is,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GramaticuConstantin, Mar 12, 2022.

1. How to get past challenge phrase?

in Windows 10. How to get past "You've entered an incorrect pin several times. To try again enter A1B2C3". I have no idea what the challenge phrase is, nor remember the pin. There are no other reset links

:)

GramaticuConstantin, Mar 12, 2022

2. challenge phrase

Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is Anthony.

I'm Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you.

I came across to your post and wanted to assist.I hope we can work together to find a solution for you.

First, "Challenge Phrase" is a new approach taken by Microsoft to thwarting brute force attacks or cyber trespassers. This attack involves a simple process of trying all common or likely PIN codes over and over until the correct code is finally discovered.
    When a PIN gets entered incorrectly four times in a row, users are sent to a different screen where they are requires to enter a specific phrase.

May I know what are you trying to do before the challenge phrase prompted?

And what do you mean by nothing happens? Did this mean you where directed to another windows?

Kindly give further details so I can suggest or give you a step by step procedure to fix this.

Thank you and Keep Safe.

AnthonyLabramonte, Mar 12, 2022
  3. Challenge Phrase

I keep getting the request for a challenge phrase and do not know it. How do I change the challenge phrase?

IamMultipurpose, Mar 12, 2022
  4. Mark Isi Win User

How to get past challenge phrase?

Challenge phrase requested on every boot up

Hello,

Just to verify, can you tell us the build version of your Windows operating system? In the mean time, what we can suggest is to disable the log-in screen and re-enable it again. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to launch the
      Run
      command.
    • Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • On the User Accounts window, select your username and uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Click Apply.
    • Type your Password twice and click OK.
    • Restart your PC and redo the steps in reverse to enable the sign in with password again.
    • Restart your PC again and see if the challenge phrase would still occur.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Mar 12, 2022
Thema:

How to get past challenge phrase?

1. How to get past challenge phrase? - Similar Threads - past challenge phrase

2. Challenge Phrase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Challenge Phrase: How do I disable the ANNOYING Challenge Phrase? I've seen a dozen "fixes" on the Internet and none of them work. One option is to disable the PIN but the "Remove" button is grayed out. How do I enable this option?...
  3. Challenge Phrase

Challenge Phrase: When I put the challenge phrase in and then my password it won’t allow me to sign in and it won’t allow me to do other sign in options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/challenge-phrase/68f1f103-ecea-4b08-a5f5-81545c7e080a
  4. After getting the challenging phrase.

After getting the challenging phrase.: After accidentally entering my password wrong a few times. I received a challenging question on my laptop.. When I googled on my phone about it I entered the A1B2C3 and I got on my laptop within 5 minutes my screen went off and I cannot turn my laptop on anymore. When I put...
  5. After getting the challenging phrase.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After getting the challenging phrase.: After accidentally entering my password wrong a few times. I received a challenging question on my laptop.. When I googled on my phone about it I entered the A1B2C3 and I got on my laptop within 5 minutes my screen went off and I cannot turn my laptop on anymore. When I put...
  6. Challenge phrase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Challenge phrase: I am trying to sign in my laptop but due to incorrect password now its asking for challenge phrase and I don't remember the challenge phrase. What should I do now, However I know the correct password....
  7. Challenge phrase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Challenge phrase: It's been about a week and every time I boot up my PC, it says to enter the challenge phrase. It works, but its annoying. I looked it up and they all talk about windows + r but I don't have a button to unclick/click that makes me not have to enter a password? I just want it...
  8. How to get past challenge phrase?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get past challenge phrase?: in Windows 10. How to get past "You've entered an incorrect pin several times. To try again enter A1B2C3". I have no idea what the challenge phrase is, nor remember the pin. There are no other reset links...
  9. How to get past challenge phrase?

How to get past challenge phrase?: in Windows 10. How to get past "You've entered an incorrect pin several times. To try again enter A1B2C3". I have no idea what the challenge phrase is, nor remember the pin. There are no other reset links...
  10. Challenge phrase

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Challenge phrase: Bought a new computer so want to sell old computer and clear hard drive. Windows is asking for my challenge phrase before I can do this. How can I find this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/challenge-phrase/2498d313-f6d1-45fb-a562-ca29bdd407bd