Windows 10: How to get PC to display correct user desktop

Discus and support How to get PC to display correct user desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After a windows 10 update about 14-Nov-22 my PC stopped displaying my user DESKTOP associated with ‘This PC/Windows C/Users/Graham/desktop’It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rocketmann1955, Dec 15, 2022.

1. How to get PC to display correct user desktop

After a windows 10 update about 14-Nov-22 my PC stopped displaying my user DESKTOP associated with ‘This PC/Windows C/Users/Graham/desktop’It was displaying ‘C/users/TEMP/desktop’ which had a sample of my apps icons and no files.On investigation ‘This PC/Windows C/Users/Graham/desktop’ still existed with all my apps & files, but was not displayed as the desktop.At that time there were 3 users identified in ‘This PC>windows C >users’ Graham Public TEMPAfter a google search we restored the User/Graham/desktop by making a registry

:)

Rocketmann1955, Dec 15, 2022
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

The images will be repositioned in the Windows Screensaver based on the aspect ratios. Also, if the pictures are taken as portrait and not Landscape they will never fill the entire screen of the screensaver and the result would be a visible display offset.

We suggest that you check the desktop resolution to correct this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click in an open area on your desktop, select Display Setings.
    • Under Display, click on
      Advanced display settings.
    • Try to change the resolution and click on
      Apply
      and on Keep changes.

We also suggest that you check if this issue also occurs using a different user account.

Kindly get back to us so we can assist you further.

Xylee Del, Dec 15, 2022
  3. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Dec 15, 2022
  4. MohanC Win User

How to get PC to display correct user desktop

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 15, 2022
Thema:

How to get PC to display correct user desktop

1. How to get PC to display correct user desktop - Similar Threads - display correct user

2. How to get user folders OFF the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get user folders OFF the desktop: I feel like this issue is limited to me since I cannot find even a reference to it anywhere online. I have an Aorus 17X running Windows 11 Pro on 22H2, build 22621.2215. My user folders home, desktop, downloads, documents, music and pictures are on my desktop and there is no...
  3. How to get user folders OFF the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get user folders OFF the desktop: I feel like this issue is limited to me since I cannot find even a reference to it anywhere online. I have an Aorus 17X running Windows 11 Pro on 22H2, build 22621.2215. My user folders home, desktop, downloads, documents, music and pictures are on my desktop and there is no...
  4. Desktop display not correct?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop display not correct?: Multiple desktops when adding another desktop the display is not normal. When creating another desktop it doesn't display it correctly as if a corrupted file is there once, I click add on Windows 11?...
  5. Desktop display not correct?

Desktop display not correct?: Multiple desktops when adding another desktop the display is not normal. When creating another desktop it doesn't display it correctly as if a corrupted file is there once, I click add on Windows 11?...
  6. How to get PC to display correct user desktop

How to get PC to display correct user desktop: After a windows 10 update about 14-Nov-22 my PC stopped displaying my user DESKTOP associated with ‘This PC/Windows C/Users/Graham/desktop’It was displaying ‘C/users/TEMP/desktop’ which had a sample of my apps icons and no files.On investigation ‘This PC/Windows...
  7. How to get PC to display correct user desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get PC to display correct user desktop: After a windows 10 update about 14-Nov-22 my PC stopped displaying my user DESKTOP associated with ‘This PC/Windows C/Users/Graham/desktop’It was displaying ‘C/users/TEMP/desktop’ which had a sample of my apps icons and no files.On investigation ‘This PC/Windows...
  8. Desktop colour not displaying correctly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop colour not displaying correctly?: Colour to the left is the colour I have chosen, but the colour to the left is lighter? I can't figure out why it's like this. I can't see why it should be a problem with the screen as my computer can clearly display the colour correctly, just not when it's used for the...
  9. Desktop colour not displaying correctly?

Desktop colour not displaying correctly?: Colour to the left is the colour I have chosen, but the colour to the left is lighter? I can't figure out why it's like this. I can't see why it should be a problem with the screen as my computer can clearly display the colour correctly, just not when it's used for the...
  10. Desktop not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop not displaying correctly: When I turned on my computer, and clicked on refresh the icons disappeared. The screen shows just the desktop background and the Start. There is also white translucent box on the screen that appears on the corner. I restarted it and next time it worked but after shutting down...