Windows 10: How to get PC to support Miracast?

Discus and support How to get PC to support Miracast? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I just got a new LG smart TV that has a screen share mode. I wanted to use it but apparently my PC doesn't support miracast. How do I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by monster10888, Jan 8, 2016.

1. How to get PC to support Miracast?

So I just got a new LG smart TV that has a screen share mode. I wanted to use it but apparently my PC doesn't support miracast.

How do I get miracast support? I'm sure all my drivers are up to date, but i'll check again. Here's my dxdiag, I couldn't get much info from it. I'm not sure why it's not supported, and I don't have much knowledge on the issue.

Dxdiag

Could someone who knows more about this help me out? I can get the TV to show up in Devices under settings, but I can't project to it.
    Does my second monitor have anything to do with it?

:)

monster10888, Jan 8, 2016
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Jan 8, 2016
  3. MAC to PC Win User
    I can't import photos from my iPhone to my laptop.

Hi There,

I have the same problem. but when following the above mentioned steps my new windows 10 pc is informing me thatit cant find any photos or videos on this iPhone...

many thanks in advance for any help.

MAC to PC, Jan 8, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

How to get PC to support Miracast?

You have to get the Miracast device for your computer, in order for it to work.

bro67, Jan 8, 2016
  5. Railtech Win User
  6. What device? The only devices I found are ones that plug into the TV, so the TV can support miracast.

monster10888, Jan 8, 2016
  7. Railtech Win User
    Check the link in post number 3

Railtech, Jan 8, 2016
  8. How to get PC to support Miracast?

completely did not answer the question the OP asked. the linked article simply states that some driver magic voodoo goes on. it fails to name the driver or describe ways to work around the fact that miracast will in fact fail to be available if you computer has a display adapter of any kind that is not in the microsoft HCL and using the microsoft driver not the OEM driver.. Sure I'm making this all up as I go along, but nobody does appear to have produced an authoritative answer, so why not.

Seriously, what is the actual criteria? touch enabled screen locally? ATI or NVidia only? A digital DRM protected display? which is it?

zaphodikus, Apr 14, 2016
  9. I registered JUST so I could help with the general idiocy surrounding this with people who just do not understand the question. I know this is a really old thread, but the question isn't answered very well out in the internet, so I thought I'd answer it definitively here.

Will probably be my only post on this forum.

If your computer is like mine, upgraded from Windows 7 to anything higher (probably Windows 10 now, like mine) your computer is likely NOT to support WiDi. Apparently the only stupid way to check is to try to project your screen (Win+P.) If you see "+ Add wireless display" CONGRATULATIONS! Your computer supports WiDi.

If you're like me and don't even see the option to add a wireless display, then you have only ONE option to get Miracast working on your computer, and that is you must purchase a Miracast TRANSMITTER (not a RECEIVER, a TRANSMITTER.) Search for Miracast transmitter on Amazon or Google, and you'll get a number of dongles or packages for purchase.

However, the easiest way to get screen mirroring is to buy a Chromecast.

Hope my hours of reading and sifting through stupid replies like the one above helps somebody.

sweetPixiesmile, Nov 24, 2016
  10. Berton Win User
    One thing about 6-month old posts, or maybe 6-weeks or maybe 6-days or less, the poster/s usually have either fixed the issue, junked the computer and bought new or moved on to other things.

I do agree with one of your statements and disagree with a description.

‚“kÜ‘0LÖ©ü|&•FWD!-ŸÉd~I"%:;yjhª*ÖQ1u_ãÿ¹]2# .5TGß…ÒññŽhiî}‰ YÔ@^±x‡

Á?8`_’û¾$ldªcæ—Þ1)}´^fÅÆÆ6—B}{X¼|1È2¨Go7';3ÛÍÕÍÆÚ €'øùøyº{¢

Berton, Nov 24, 2016
  11. Hey, OP here. So you are correct, a computer needs to have WiDi support to be able to support Miracast. WiDi support, if I remember correctly, falls in with how old your processor is. I have an i5-2500k, and Intel deemed it too old to update the drivers to support WiDi. The new(er) processors do have WiDi support though (I think).

Personally, I ended up running a 30ft HDMI cable to my TV. It's well hidden so it doesn't bother me. But obviously not everyone will be able to do this, so getting a Miracast transmitter might be the solution.

monster10888, Nov 24, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    We are talking about dinosaur technology that there is no longer any equipment made for. Widi was never supported. AMD and Intel tried to create their own version. WiFi alliance and Google are now bringing it back together with allowing both Airplay for iOS and GoogleCast (used to be called ChromeCast) for all devices, regarding of the OS, as long as you use a Chromium based browser.

bro67, Nov 24, 2016
  13. Kari Win User

Miracast is not the same thing than Intel WiDi. All my laptops for instance support Miracast allowing me to cast to one of my two Microsoft Wireless Display Adapters on two different TVs, yet not a single one of my laptops supports WiDi.

Miracast has also nothing to do with CPU, it's a feature in modern wireless WiFi Direct network adapters (list of WLAN adapters supporting Miracast). Additionally the display adapter must support Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) (almost all modern display drivers support it).

For laptop buyers there's a simple "rule of thumb": If the laptop came with Windows 8.1 pre-installed, its WiFi adapter supports Miracast. This is not a factual rule per se, it's just that those laptops manufactured mid 2013 and later usually have WiFi Direct wireless network adapter. Windows supports Miracast starting from version 8.1.

Desktop owners without built-in WiFi adapter need to check that adapter they get is a Wi-Fi Direct CERTIFIED Miracast device.

For laptop users like me Miracast is really practical, allowing use of more than one external display. In fact, Edge browser I am using to browse the forums and type this reply is at the moment on an external display connected with Miracast.

How to get PC to support Miracast? [​IMG]

14. aroon1 Win User
    Hi Karl

i tried to ask in another part of the forum but didnt get any replies. I can project to my smart TV (via miracast i guess) using the connect function in Windows as you posted above and it works fine, except that then i can't seem to browse the internet any more. A yellow exclamation mark appears over the wifi icon whilst i'm mirroring my pc screen onto the TV and websites dont load. Once I stop mirroring i can reset the wifi and can surf the net again.

any ideas how to fix this, else it kind of loses its value? (windows 10 pc, 2 years old, realtek network card RTL8723AU.,

aroon1, Feb 14, 2017
  15. Kari Win User
    Your system specs says you have a desktop PC. Is the WiFi adapter built-in or do you get WiFi using an external USB WiFi adapter? Do you also have a wired connection available?

My recommendation is to use wired connection for Internet and only use Wifi for casting to TV.

Thema:

1. How to get PC to support Miracast? - Similar Threads - support Miracast

2. Miracast Support for Legion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast Support for Legion: I have a Lenovo Legion R5-4800H, RTX2060 and want to connect it to my Tab s9 using the "second display" function. When I do, it tries to connect, the tablet goes black screen, and then it goes back to normal. Connection is always unsuccessful.I tried it using a different...
  3. Miracast Support for Legion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast Support for Legion: I have a Lenovo Legion R5-4800H, RTX2060 and want to connect it to my Tab s9 using the "second display" function. When I do, it tries to connect, the tablet goes black screen, and then it goes back to normal. Connection is always unsuccessful.I tried it using a different...
  4. This device doesn't support receiving miracast even though " Miracast: Available, with HDCP"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This device doesn't support receiving miracast even though " Miracast: Available, with HDCP": Hello.I want to use my laptop as a second monitor for my PC. And in my PC Win+P menu doesn't who "connect to" option.I've downloaded "Wireless Display" in Windows Additional Apps and it still doesn't show up.All my drivers are updated. Dxdiag says: "Miracast: Available, with...
  5. This device doesn't support receiving miracast even though " Miracast: Available, with HDCP"

This device doesn't support receiving miracast even though " Miracast: Available, with HDCP": Hello.I want to use my laptop as a second monitor for my PC. And in my PC Win+P menu doesn't who "connect to" option.I've downloaded "Wireless Display" in Windows Additional Apps and it still doesn't show up.All my drivers are updated. Dxdiag says: "Miracast: Available, with...
  6. how can i repair my device that doesnt support miracast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i repair my device that doesnt support miracast: i suddenly got notified that my device doesnt support miracast. before this its working perfectly. what should i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-repair-my-device-that-doesnt-support/0d061f86-dccd-41f3-9f81-32b6aa4d3133
  7. how can i repair my device that doesnt support miracast

how can i repair my device that doesnt support miracast: i suddenly got notified that my device doesnt support miracast. before this its working perfectly. what should i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-repair-my-device-that-doesnt-support/0d061f86-dccd-41f3-9f81-32b6aa4d3133
  8. Connect App says my device doesn't support Miracast but it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect App says my device doesn't support Miracast but it should: I'm experiencing an issue when trying to connect another device to my PC using Miracast. The Connect App says that my PC does not support Miracast, so I cannot project to it wirelessly, however I have checked my specs and Miracast should be compatible. I have additionally...
  9. Connect App says my device doesn't support Miracast but it should

Connect App says my device doesn't support Miracast but it should: I'm experiencing an issue when trying to connect another device to my PC using Miracast. The Connect App says that my PC does not support Miracast, so I cannot project to it wirelessly, however I have checked my specs and Miracast should be compatible. I have additionally...
  10. Does Miracast support multicasting?

Does Miracast support multicasting?: I have Miracast enabled windows 10 laptop, can I miracast my Laptop to 10 monitors in my class-room? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-miracast-support-multicasting/3eeda742-8974-408e-a301-a3cb2a86d7c1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my computer does not support miracast software what do you think i can do to get it install on my computer

2. is there a way to get an nvidia gpu to support miracast