Windows 10: How to get previous icons back?

Discus and support How to get previous icons back? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i like them, im referring to the windows apps, groove , movies, etc submitted by /u/pathoj [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pathoj, Mar 10, 2020.

1. /u/pathoj Win User

How to get previous icons back?

i like them, im referring to the windows apps, groove , movies, etc

submitted by /u/pathoj
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pathoj, Mar 10, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 10, 2020
  4. How to get previous icons back?

no battery level icon on the taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1:

Click Notifications and actions. Click Select Which icons appear on the taskbar link.

Turn the switch next to Power icon to On position.

Step 2:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Anusha Verma, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

How to get previous icons back?

1. How to get previous icons back? - Similar Threads - previous icons

2. Can I retrieve a previous print icon from May 2023?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I retrieve a previous print icon from May 2023?: I lost access to one of my favorite Print address programs on my desktop. I needed to reinstall the operating system on my PC. Now I can not locate this program anymore. Can this program be found on "cloud" storage for last month of May 2023?...
  3. Can I retrieve a previous print icon from May 2023?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I retrieve a previous print icon from May 2023?: I lost access to one of my favorite Print address programs on my desktop. I needed to reinstall the operating system on my PC. Now I can not locate this program anymore. Can this program be found on "cloud" storage for last month of May 2023?...
  4. Windows 11 drag and drop icon of file, thumbnail image is opaque, previous version of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 drag and drop icon of file, thumbnail image is opaque, previous version of...: Hello,In Windows 11, when dragging a file or folder item the thumbnail graphic is opaque and makes it very difficult to see where you are dragging the item to. In previous versions of windows the thumbnail has transparencies so you can see the target items below this. Other...
  5. Windows 11 drag and drop icon of file, thumbnail image is opaque, previous version of...

Windows 11 drag and drop icon of file, thumbnail image is opaque, previous version of...: Hello,In Windows 11, when dragging a file or folder item the thumbnail graphic is opaque and makes it very difficult to see where you are dragging the item to. In previous versions of windows the thumbnail has transparencies so you can see the target items below this. Other...
  6. Cannot delete desktop icon - tried previous suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete desktop icon - tried previous suggestions: While trying to backup some firefox bookmarks a shortcut appeared on the desktop with a long name which appeared to be a combination of urls. It cannot be deleted or renamed and nothing appens on click. I have tried deleting it from the command line and in safe mode but...
  7. Cannot delete desktop icon - tried previous suggestions

Cannot delete desktop icon - tried previous suggestions: While trying to backup some firefox bookmarks a shortcut appeared on the desktop with a long name which appeared to be a combination of urls. It cannot be deleted or renamed and nothing appens on click. I have tried deleting it from the command line and in safe mode but...
  8. Why my search icon in taskbar changed? can i return previous?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my search icon in taskbar changed? can i return previous?: it was like this and changed to this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-search-icon-in-taskbar-changed-can-i-return/3d20dcdf-84dc-44e1-b5e4-eec4d4716549
  9. Why my search icon in taskbar changed? can i return previous?

Why my search icon in taskbar changed? can i return previous?: it was like this and changed to this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-search-icon-in-taskbar-changed-can-i-return/3d20dcdf-84dc-44e1-b5e4-eec4d4716549
  10. My icons keep moving on the previous place it was originally placed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My icons keep moving on the previous place it was originally placed: I want to organize my desktop and keep the apps for my work together separated from my games and files. However, when I try to move them to the right side, it keeps going back to the left side. Is there a way to fix this so it would not go back?...