Windows 10: How to get Public IP address using PowerShell in Windows 10

Discus and support How to get Public IP address using PowerShell in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]As the name clears out the meaning of a computer public IP address. It is an IP address that is basically used to identify the […] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 6, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to get Public IP address using PowerShell in Windows 10

WinClub, Apr 6, 2020

2. Asus RT-AC88U problem with public ip starting with 10.xxx.xxx.xxx

10.x subnets are quite common. Everyone seems to think that 10.x or 172.x subnets or anything other than 192.168.x.x. = public IP when there's actually 3 private IP ranges in use on IPv4 protocol.

Most enterprises actually use the 10.x.x.x

I use all 3 for each VLAN to make it easy to tell which VLAN a device is on.

• 10.0.0.0/8 IP addresses: 10.0.0.0 -- 10.255.255.255.
    • 172.16.0.0/12 IP addresses: 172.16.0.0 -- 172.31.255.255.
    • 192.168.0.0/16 IP addresses: 192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255.

remixedcat, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Asus RT-AC88U problem with public ip starting with 10.xxx.xxx.xxx

For extra points, which range belongs to which class? *Stick Out Tongue How to get Public IP address using PowerShell in Windows 10 :p

(for even more points, what is one of the reasons for the IP number shortage?)

Frick, Apr 6, 2020
  4. How to get Public IP address using PowerShell in Windows 10

app that can record ip address

A public IP address is an IP address that can be accessed over the Internet. Private IP address on the other hand is used to assign computers within your private space without letting them directly expose to the Internet. For example, if you have multiple computers within your home you may want to use private IP addresses to address each computer within your home. In this scenario, your router get the public IP address, and each of the computers, tablets and smartphones connected to your router (via wired or wifi) get a private IP address from your router via DHCP protocol.

There are few ways to find out private ip address assigned to your computer network adapter and public ip address assigned to your router. In this tutorial i will explain easiest way to find out both private and public ip addresses assigned to your computer and router.

What is my Private IP Address
    Follow below steps to find out private ip address assign to your computer network adapter.

1. Open the Command Prompt by clicking Start Menu --> All Programs --> Accessories, right-click on Command Prompt, and open it as an administrator. In Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 simply hold down the
    How to get Public IP address using PowerShell in Windows 10 BxVxp04.png
    + X keys and select the option “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.

How to get Public IP address using PowerShell in Windows 10 rS4b5c0.jpg

2. Enter following command within Command Prompt:

Code:
    How to get Public IP address using PowerShell in Windows 10 93HzIkG.jpg

Above commands will reveal your private ip address that is assigned to your computer network adapter.
    The ipconfig command by default displays only the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway for each adapter bound to TCP/IP. My private ip address displayed as 192.168.1.21, which is assigned to my wireless network adapter named "WIFI 2".

Private networks can use IP addresses anywhere in the following ranges:

• 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255 (65,536 IP addresses)
    • 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255 (1,048,576 IP addresses)
    • 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255 (16,777,216 IP addresses)

What is my Public IP Address
    Follow below steps to find out public ip address assign to your router.

1. Open the Command Prompt by clicking Start Menu --> All Programs --> Accessories, right-click on Command Prompt, and open it as an administrator. In Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 simply hold down the

2. Type following command and press Enter key:

Code:
    3. Type following powershell commands one at time and for each command press Enter key.

Code:
    Code:
    How to get Public IP address using PowerShell in Windows 10 e4VzuyD.jpg

Above commands will display your public ip address assigned to your router. My public ip address assigned to my home router is 82.222.135.228.

The "Nslookup" command-line can also be use to display your router public ip address. Follow bellow steps to find out public ip address assigned to your router.

2. Type following command and press Enter key:

Code:
    How to get Public IP address using PowerShell in Windows 10 o9rHcof.jpg

The public ip address will be displayed after the "Non-authoritative answer:" entire.

FreeBooter, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

How to get Public IP address using PowerShell in Windows 10

1. How to get Public IP address using PowerShell in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Public address using

2. How To Get Rid of GHOST IP address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Get Rid of GHOST IP address?: I use an ASUS RT-AX88U router for my home network which is set to always use a specific IP address i.e., 192.168.1.111 for my primary computer which has always worked fine for years. More than two months ago, the original ASUS motherboard in my 10+ year-old self-built PC,...
  3. How To Get Rid of GHOST IP address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Get Rid of GHOST IP address?: I use an ASUS RT-AX88U router for my home network which is set to always use a specific IP address i.e., 192.168.1.111 for my primary computer which has always worked fine for years. More than two months ago, the original ASUS motherboard in my 10+ year-old self-built PC,...
  4. public ip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    public ip: if someone know our public ip addres so what info he can get. and can he hack us or controll our pc through are public ip address ? please tell me what info does public ip can give and does someone can hack or remotly controll my devices* Moved from Mobile Devices...
  5. Unable to get public ipv4 address on Windows 10

Unable to get public ipv4 address on Windows 10: Hi, I'm unable to get a public IPv4 address and need this for routing purposes to get access to cloud provider. For example, when I got to https://whatsmyip.com/, it only shows me an IPv6 address. It also shows "My Public IPv4:Not Detected"....and I've tried multiple...
  6. How to change public ip address

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change public ip address: Hello, How do I go about changing my public ip address, today ive gone around google and none of the tutorials seem to help me. A step by step tutorial would be appreciated, thanks....
  7. How to change Fixed IP Address to "Obtain and IP address " On my PC using windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change Fixed IP Address to "Obtain and IP address " On my PC using windows 10: I recently bought a TP-LINK TL-R600VPN WIRED ROUTER for my home desktop which runs Windows 10 64 bit . The router's configuration instructions say " 1. Connect a PC to a LAN port of the router with an RJ45 cable properly. If your computer is configured with a fixed IP,...
  8. How to block an IP or a Website using PowerShell in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to block an IP or a Website using PowerShell in Windows 10: [ATTACH]PowerShell comes with a Netsecurity module that allows you to configure the Windows Firewall. You can use the function — New-NetFirewallRule — in Netsecurity to […] This article How to block an IP or a Website using PowerShell in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  9. understanding netstat output - public ip address in local address

in Windows 10 Customization
    understanding netstat output - public ip address in local address: I am having windows 10 system 1903 updated with latest patches & I am trying to understand the netstat output of my system I am trying to block the port 135, 139 & 445 from my local windows firewall I have create inbound and outbound rule to block those ports, still on the...
  10. Can't get rid of public IP address assigned by VPN

Can't get rid of public IP address assigned by VPN: I recently installed NordVPN on my computers. When I have VPN turned on, speedtest.net accurately reports the VPN-assigned public IP address, ISP, and server location. Until yesterday, when I turned NordVPN off, it accurately reported my true ISP, the IP address assigned by...