Windows 10: How to get PURE Black with HDMI Monitor

Discus and support How to get PURE Black with HDMI Monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This may be old news to most everybody, but I just ran across this. I recently got my Samsung 27" Curved HDMI monitor, and, of course, starting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by f14tomcat, Jan 3, 2017.

1. f14tomcat Win User

How to get PURE Black with HDMI Monitor

This may be old news to most everybody, but I just ran across this. I recently got my Samsung 27" Curved HDMI monitor, and, of course, starting tweaking everything on earth! I saw this in a recent HTG Email, tried it, and it makes a noticeable difference, a good one. Only applies to HDMI connected monitors. Windows seems to default to only sending an "almost" code for RGB pure black, which can give you a very dark gray, but not pure black. It's all explained here.

How to Avoid Washed Out Colors When Using HDMI on Your PC

There are examples for NVIDIA, AMD, and Intel graphics card settings, all using the vendors GUI. No hacks or reg tweaks.

I had a wallpaper displayed when I was adjusting this, and as soon as I clicked apply, I could see it change. Black was pure black. Colors stood out more vividly.

If you have an HDMI connected monitor(s), give it a try.

TC

:)

f14tomcat, Jan 3, 2017

2. external screen black

I bought a Lenovo Yoga for presenting as a speaker. I have both a usb to vga and mini hdmi to hdmi adaptor to connect to a projector or second monitor. When connecting the vga to a projector I get a black screen on the projector.

If I connect the HDMI to a tv or monitor, same black screen.

The projector works fine with my ipad, but not the lenovo.

I've tried updating the drivers. No change.

Tried various resolutions. no good.

I can detect the second monitor and it shows it connected, but the screen is black.

HELP!

janet fouts, Jan 3, 2017
  3. adasiko Win User
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter compatible via hdmi Adapter to Displayport?

> Monitor only supports DVI, VGA and Displayport.

Same problem.

And I have not success with HDMI to DVI adapter. Only black screen.

But adapter works fine with other monitors with HDMI port...

adasiko, Jan 3, 2017
  4. How to get PURE Black with HDMI Monitor

wow that works for me too, there should be a tutorial on how to use the Nvidia control panel ? I'm learning all the time !

RoadBlaster, Jan 9, 2017
Thema:

How to get PURE Black with HDMI Monitor

1. How to get PURE Black with HDMI Monitor - Similar Threads - PURE Black HDMI

2. How to get a picture on tv/monitor with hdmi PC connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get a picture on tv/monitor with hdmi PC connection?: My PC worked on my monitor with HDMI connection 2/3 days ago,I am on Windows 10, and haven’t done any updates recently.My problem started today, as I’ve done some rearranging in my home for couple days, and now my PC is refusing to connect to my TV.I’ve tried connecting it to...
  3. How to get a picture on tv/monitor with hdmi PC connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get a picture on tv/monitor with hdmi PC connection?: My PC worked on my monitor with HDMI connection 2/3 days ago,I am on Windows 10, and haven’t done any updates recently.My problem started today, as I’ve done some rearranging in my home for couple days, and now my PC is refusing to connect to my TV.I’ve tried connecting it to...
  4. How to get a picture on tv/monitor with hdmi PC connection?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HDMI to monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI to monitor: I have tried 4 different USB-C hubs to try and connect my surface pro 8 to a second monitor I have, with no luck. The monitor recognizes it is plugged in, but the laptop doesn't do anything. It used to work, but has since stopped. I have tried to download/find drivers for the...
  6. HDMI to monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI to monitor: I have tried 4 different USB-C hubs to try and connect my surface pro 8 to a second monitor I have, with no luck. The monitor recognizes it is plugged in, but the laptop doesn't do anything. It used to work, but has since stopped. I have tried to download/find drivers for the...
  7. HDMI Monitor keeps going black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Monitor keeps going black: My monitor is going black but it's not my computer giving a black screen, my second monitor is working and I can clearly see my computer is fine. My monitor is also indicating that it has power and it is not going to sleep, the light that displays when the monitor is actively...
  8. Both monitors go black when I plug in HDMI monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Both monitors go black when I plug in HDMI monitor.: So I normally have two monitors, an HDMI as my main display and a VGA for my secondary display. I have an Intel i5 6500 CPU 3.2 gHz, 8 gb ram. Today when I came home from dinner my pc would not show a display when I moved the mouse or pressed the keyboard. I either left...
  9. 1903 start screen pure black-not!

in Windows 10 Customization
    1903 start screen pure black-not!: Hi all, OK, this is driving me nuts. I like having a deep black start background. I get a grayish overlay instead of black now since updating. All of the usual suspects (dark theme, etc.) are already set. I can even see it go from black to grayish when the tablet (Surface Go)...
  10. Easy fix for black screen on HDMI monitor after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Easy fix for black screen on HDMI monitor after update.: Shutdown everything. Don't just switch your monitor off. Unplug it and plug it back in. Presto, problem solved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/easy-fix-for-black-screen-on-hdmi-monitor-after/16b28f4f-960a-4476-a57d-ed65593c440b