Windows 10: How to get rid of 2nd keyboard?

Discus and support How to get rid of 2nd keyboard? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, This Windows 10 logic is really pulling my nerves, as there are bunch of surprises after each update. For example, few weeks ago whole Publich... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrejPirman, Apr 15, 2021.

1. How to get rid of 2nd keyboard?

Hi,

This Windows 10 logic is really pulling my nerves, as there are bunch of surprises after each update. For example, few weeks ago whole Publich Healthcare was down for few hours, until I found out, that one update changed the date format from preset one without spaces 15.04.2021 to the one with spaces, like 15. 04. 2021. Thanx, Microsoft!

Now again, bunch of tech calls from a SMB, help, our main app does not work, cannot fill the forms. I actually could not resolve remotelly, but had to take some time, drive to customers premises to find what? Freaking MS again suprised me with, guess what, additional keyboard layout!? This customer uses English language for Windows because machine translation to Slovenian is not funny anymore when it comes to translated Errors... and Slovenian keyboard layout. Now all of the sudden one of updates thought, hey, you using English but you do not have English keyboard? Oh, poor boy, lemme install English keyboard for you...

Now, question:

How to permanently get rid of English keyboard layout and keep only Slovenian keyboard, while still using English as primary language for Windows?

I want windows to have permanently:

- Sloveninan keyboard and time format

- and English language as system language

:)

AndrejPirman, Apr 15, 2021

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    ENG INTL keyboard appeared! How to get rid of it?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which is your default keyboard language?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Press and hold the Windows logo key and then press the Spacebar repeatedly, you will be able to switch between the languages.

And also check how many languages installed in your system.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Mark Ole Win User

How to get rid of 2nd keyboard?

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

How to get rid of 2nd keyboard?

1. How to get rid of 2nd keyboard? - Similar Threads - rid 2nd keyboard

2. How to get rid of this

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of this: i'm using vietnamese telex keyboard and every time i want to use shortcut key in adobe this apear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this/6d382a54-716b-4d72-b048-a57c5a79b41c
  3. Keyboard settings disappeared, how can I get rid of unneeded keyboards?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard settings disappeared, how can I get rid of unneeded keyboards?: I think the new update did it. submitted by /u/UltimateArts13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lqilq0/keyboard_settings_disappeared_how_can_i_get_rid/
  4. Unable to get rid of keyboard

Unable to get rid of keyboard: [ATTACH]is it because it's set as the default? if so, how do i change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-get-rid-of-keyboard/67f94232-1f5e-4f9d-b135-1ae936aa279b
  5. Can't get rid of US Keyboard

Can't get rid of US Keyboard: I tryed to get rid of the US Keyboard option but it is not going away. In the settings I have 2 Keybord Input types: A Englisch one with qwertz and a German one with qwertz But in the taskbar there now is a 3rd for no aperent reson. a Englisch qwerty. Can i get rid of...
  6. How to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hmmm3973441 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izbkfd/how_to_get_rid_of_this/
  7. Unwanted drive letter for 2nd EFI partition: How to get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unwanted drive letter for 2nd EFI partition: How to get rid of it?: My laptop (HP ProBook 4330s) contains an SSD with Ubuntu Linux and a HDD in a caddy with Windows 10 Pro, 2004 edition. Both are installed in UEFI mode, and each drive has its own EFI partition for its own OS. The caddy EFI partition gets an unwanted drive letter. I can make...
  8. 2nd desktop - getting rid of it

in Windows 10 Support
    2nd desktop - getting rid of it: Don't know what I did - but I now have a 2nd desktop on my machine. How do I get rid of it? Thanks in advance for the help. 115143
  9. how to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to get rid of this?: Hi guys: after i did a clean install of Win 10 TP, every time i boot too desktop i'm presented with this; see pic attach. 4481
  10. How to get rid of settings icon in onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of settings icon in onscreen keyboard: [img] Hello, Can anybody tell me hot to disable the settings icons in the onscreen keyboard. I use it in a museum with visitors, and they are not allowed to change settings obviously *Smile Thnx, Marcel 102082